Fleetwood Mac Detail New Tour and Talk Life After Lindsey Buckingham

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Nightfly68, Apr 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nightfly68

Nightfly68 Forum Resident Thread Starter

2. BluesOvertookMe

BluesOvertookMe Forum Resident

The picture is odd. Mike is the only one directly looking at the photog! John looks like he'd rather be anywhere but there.

3. lennonfan1

lennonfan1 Senior Member

I do feel a smidge better that Christine wasn't in on this initially

4. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

Mike is thinking of how boring it will be that he could do these songs with one hand tied behind his back, and wondering how long it will take before Stevie tells him to shorten his solos.

blastfurniss likes this.
  5. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

I like stevie says she jumps right in to other projects and that's why they wouldn't wait for lindsey lol

Vinyl_Blues, longaway and The Panda like this.
  6. gregorya

gregorya I approve of this message

The way the story is written, it sounds as if it was a "fait accompli" before she was informed.

I understand that the band is supposedly a democracy, but I would have thought that they would have a group discussion and then vote. This sounds like Mick, John and Stevie acted without involving Christine until the decision was made, knowing they "had the votes".

I still fail to see how Buckingham wanting to do his thing and delay the tour by a few months is any different from Nicks not wanting to participate in a Fleetwood Mac album.

And they always got along so well in the past.... ;)

7. lennonfan1

lennonfan1 Senior Member

I don't get the part where Stevie says Lindsey didn't want to go out until the end of next year. Something not right about that...

8. dgstrat

dgstrat Senior Member

In fairness, I don't think the Petty gig was any more or less challenging than this one. Both have some great guitar work.

perplexed, PDK, Zoot Marimba and 4 others like this.
  9. Nightfly68

Nightfly68 Forum Resident Thread Starter

The more Stevie yaps, the more irritated I get with her.

10. Regarding the photo, John has "kill me" written all over his face

11. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

"Life after LB"? John's got that right when he speaks of "chapter". Or does anyone here really believe that LB is gone for good? People may take a (sometimes forced) break but at the end of the day there seems only one way for the "Rumours" line up to get rid of that band for good. :evil:

12. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

Stevie says they wanted to start rehearsals in June and he wanted to start in November... but the story adds [2019] in brackets. Surely he can’t have wanted to wait 18 months. Although I guess if he did it might be a smidge more comprehensible that they went on without him.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
  13. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

The photo looks like just an outtake. Photo shoots aren't fun especially if you have been doing it for 50+ years.
    Interesting article. Sounds like Christine isn't a full partner anymore and seems fine with it. I wonder why Lindsey wanted a delay? Also, it was only a delay of 5 months, thats not a long time. A 12-18 month time frame is a different story.

14. aphexj

aphexj Sound mind & body

I hope Mick brings this back to the set... happier times:

telecode101 and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  15. balzac

balzac Senior Member

The article reads as though they wanted to rehearse starting in June 2018 for tour dates that would start in October 2018 (they really need two to three months to rehearse a 20-25 song set which will include mostly songs they've done on every tour?), and then Nicks says Buckingham wanted to start rehearsing in November 2019?

I'm guessing this is an error/misprint/misunderstanding, and that what Buckingham wanted was to start rehearsals in November 2018 for tour dates that would probably kick off in early (February?) 2019.

If they didn't start rehearsing until November 2019 and required 3-4 months to rehearse, then this would be Buckingham essentially proposing a nearly *two-year* wait for tour dates to start in February or so of *2020.*

It'll be interesting to see if Buckingham ever discusses this and if so, if he describes where there were any protracted negotiations or attempts to compromise.

16. dasacco

dasacco Senior Member

I dunno. I'm a huge Buckingham fan, but I would most likely have opted out of seeing the standard Mick-John-Christine-Stevie-Lindsey lineup again.

Somehow this new lineup interests me a bit..

17. Sax-son

Sax-son Forum Resident

After reading that story, I found a few factual errors in it. However, this is one of the most firing bands in history. This tells me that there are some huge ego problems there. The Fleetwood Mac that most people identify with now is the Buckingham Nicks version. Nothing else will do. Firing Lindsey Buckingham was one of the most stupid things they could have done in this stage of their career. How hard could it have been to accommodate his requests? These folks are getting up there in age. You could have thought that would have finished it on a positive note. Greed and ego! Terrible.

18. gregorya

gregorya I approve of this message

That'll be the next tour... the "final/reunion/we're a big happy family again" tour... the press release almost writes itself!... ;)

Jack Lord, sunspot42, clhboa and 8 others like this.
  19. JackS

JackS Then Play On

Fleetwood Mac without Lindsey is like Fleetwood Mac without Peter Green.
    This is a picture that is slightly out of focus.

jonj, willy, zebop and 3 others like this.
  20. ash1

ash1 Forum Resident

Interesting read. I especially like Stevie's idea of opening with Rattlesnake Shake. Let's hope they base it on the 25 minute Boston Tea Party version, follow it with Oh Well Part 1 and Part 2, Green Manalishi (as per Boston Tea Party but sung by Stevie), Loving Kind in tribute to Danny, Man Of The World (one of Christine's Desert Island Discs) and wrap up this section with Albatross. I'm liking this two guitar version of the Mac already and they haven't even played Rumours yet.

trumpet sounds and Zoot Marimba like this.
  21. Doggiedogma

Doggiedogma "Think this is enough?" "Uhh - nah. Go for broke."

Wow, the ladies look great, they have aged gracefully! Stevie says she wants a nice next 10 years, I guess Lindsey and Stevie won't be together again for at least a decade.

Tjazz likes this.
  22. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

She should sing it!

fr in sc and Zoot Marimba like this.
  23. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

Makes perfect sense. Waiting around an extra 18 months before starting tour rehearsals would be dumb for 5 folks of their ages as there is an excellent chance some serious health issue would arise for one of them within that period that would disrupt plans yet again. I say if they want to play, play. He's one of three hit making singer songwriters, not the whole show. If LB wants to come back and play in 2 years, I expect they will let him.

Guy E, sunspot42, Malina and 2 others like this.
  24. cdollaz

cdollaz Forum Resident

Meh. I have zero interest unless both Buckingham and Christine are involved. I'd rather they just release another Buckingham/McVie album and tour that. I have no interest in Stevie Nicks or her voice.

25. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member

But who'd sing it? Can't hear Neil Finn doing that one.

jdassett likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.