Fleetwood Mac Rumours 180gm vinyl reissue?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Holy Zoo, Jan 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Humorem

Humorem New Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: German Fleetwood Mac Rumours LP

Not sure what you mean. They are two entirely different pressings, with different stampers. I don't know who pressed the first run. I know somebody other than WEA probably mastered it, otherwise it would sound the same.

My language isn't very clear I see. Sorry.

2. Alan T

Alan T Senior Member

How about telling us how to distinguish between the two different pressings of Sgt. Pepper MOFI.

That US Island comp of the first two Nick Drake LP's is really rare especially in mint condition.

I have both the US Hannibal and the UK Island “Fruit Tree” box set, the UK Island wins hands down.

3. Paul Chang

Paul Chang Forum Old Boy, Former Senior Member Has-Been

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: German Fleetwood Mac Rumours LP

I read it somewhere that SV lets the labels do the remastering works. Since each label can have more than one mastering engineer you can get two pressings that sound totally different. Even if two are remastered by the same person, they could sound very different, a la the 7 different MoFi Crime of the Century cut by Stan Ricker. ;) Even Master Hoffman can outdo his own prior arts.

Of course my source (MF?) could be wrong and we can't believe everything we read, right? :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.