SH Spotlight FLEETWOOD MAC Rumours, heard it 1000 times, still love it! Our WB 45 & 33 1/3 RPM vinyl coming now!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Steve Hoffman, Apr 25, 2007.

1. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

Sounds like you’re good. Look for the inscription on the deadwax for final confirmation and enjoy!

2. BIGGER Dave

BIGGER Dave Forum Resident

Here’s how to get the 45 RPM version. Order this - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004OKFIQI?tag=mfconvert-20

I ordered it a week ago and it’s definitely Steve’s version. It has the ‘PRESSED AT PALLAS’ gold sticker on the front of the loose fitting vinyl wrapper, ‘Made In U.S.A.’ on the back bottom-right, and has ‘KPG & SH @ ATM’ on all four sides of the deadwax. But most importantly, sounds AMAZING!

It was listed as $34.96 at first, but then dropped to $32.68 with FREE shipping at check-out.

ispace, superstar19 and maui jim like this.
  3. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host Thread Starter

There you go, and they have 20 in stock. Much appreciated. Many have been asking me..

4. David P. Hill

David P. Hill Forum Resident

Leemelone, check out Dr. Funk's thread about a little more half way up, it describes about his purchasing 2 Rumors lps from B&N. One was tight shrink and that was a bad one, loose fitted bag was the good one.
    Dr. Funk did you order your 2 lps online or purchased them at the store?

5. David P. Hill

Leemelone, check out Dr. Funk's thread #2588, it describes about his purchasing 2 Rumors lps from B&N. One was tight shrink, that was a bad one(digital), loose fitted bag was the good one(SH/KG). Now I'm really confused now. Did you order yours online or go to the B&N store, purchased them?

6. David P. Hill

I'm looking for the 33-1/3 lp., bummer!

7. Dr. Funk

Dr. Funk Vintage Dust

I bought both at the store.

8. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

The 45 is loosely wrapped. The 33 is not! I just got one....I know. I have one of each.

9. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

Try Barnes & Nobel. Keep in mind the clues given here.

David P. Hill likes this.
  10. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

Amazon orders can be fulfilled by any number of vendors guys! I order from them for business almost daily, for years, and know the drill well. Make sure if you order there, and if it’s 45rpm, that the shrink is loose and the gold decal is on the front. Amazon can’t even tell you what version you will get! Good news is, very easy to just return it if it’s wrong. And I’m just trying to help, not rain on the thread. I’ll stop posting. I just hate seeing so much conflicting information, some of it wrong, when people just want to buy the right copy. So many have helped over the years here....just trying to do the same. Over and out....

David P. Hill likes this.
  11. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

Well, and none of this info is helping anyone who doesn’t already have it. You have to open it first! And if you did, just look for Steve and Kevin’s inscription in the dead wax! My gosh...this is so darn easy!

12. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host Thread Starter

Well that sucks.

13. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

Does your barcode also have a small '0' before the 9362 part of the bar code? Also, what numbers are on the left top corner of your spine? If Discogs Listings are accurate, the answer for the SH/KG 33rpm appears to be on the spine, as they list the spine # 517786-1 that shows it is the SH/KG Mastering(and this is the US Version). If this is true, then these 33rpm copies should available at several locations in the US.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
  14. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

Well, that’s what’s great about this place. It doesn’t have to suck...just be careful and look at the info before you buy. I got suckered and I don’t want anyone else to. They made this ridiculously confusing by releasing two different masterings at nearly the same time. And then they didn’t press enough of your’s and that created a market to import the inferior copies. And then they repressed your’s and mixed them together in distribution. A Laurel & Hardy story really.

But let’s be honest... it has to feel good knowing one is far better than the other! And that people are taking the time to get your’s. I hope the info makes that happen. I’m in retail with my business so I’m probably too sensitive to this sort of thing. It shouldn’t be confusing for folks to get what they want. My apologies if I seem a bit crazy over this sort of thing...this should be fun, not confusing. And this pressing, your’s and Kevin’s work, is worth the trouble. The other one...that’s what sucks!

ispace and Steve Hoffman like this.
  15. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

Here’s the spine info.
    45rpm=517787-1
    331/3=517786-1

Barcode 45rpm=nothing above or below....just a small 0 and then 9362-49793-4 and a small 0 at the end

33 1/3=small 0 and then 9362-49793-5 and a small 7 at the end.

Read my post above for copy along the bottoms. Good call seldom seen...didn’t occur to me to look at the spine. So there you go guys...no reason to throw away your hard earned dollars on the wrong one now. If Amazon or anyone else ships anything different, send it back. It isn’t the Hoffman, don’t open it! Barnes & Nobel is the last place I know of that had the correct 33’s left. I still maintain you can trust the decal, but now you have plenty of other things to go on. I did get one on eBay a couple weeks ago, but look at the art and make sure you are seeing the one they will send you...don’t fall for a stock image. Let’s face it, most sellers inc Amazon don’t even realize there is a difference. If it doesn’t say you are getting the actual one you see on eBay, ask...don’t assume. You must see the gold Pallas decal! Hope this helps.

16. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

See above post.

TheSeldomSeenKid likes this.
  17. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

Barnes & Nobel or check eBay using the info I just posted. It’s worth the effort.

18. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

Current Hoffman 33 rpm copies are shrinkwrapped just to confuse matters. Look for 'made in USA' at bottom of rear cover. As posted earlier - if in UK Diverse Vinyl have the correct copies listed as US version.

19. BIGGER Dave

BIGGER Dave Forum Resident

Before ordering, I started an Amazon Chat session with Amazon Customer Care. The rep assured me it’s the Made In U.S.A. version, because the other version would be listed as “Format: Import” under the Product Details section of the Amazon page. I went on to ask if for some reason I received the import version, would I be able to return it without incurring any fees and the Amazon rep responded “yes”. I kept a screenshot of the chat session just in case. When it arrived, it was Steve’s version. If anyone wants to do what I did (get assurance from Amazon Chat that’s it’s the Made In U.S.A. version then capture a screenshot), it should be a risk-free transaction. Again, here is the link I used and it does not list “Format: Import” in the Product Details section...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004OKFIQI?tag=mfconvert-20

Jrr likes this.
  20. breakingglass

breakingglass Forum Resident

Now this is a helpful post! With direct link. Thank you.

James Bennett likes this.
  21. beatleswho

beatleswho Forum Resident

Thank you, i order one copy, i hope to get the right one. I read some reviews on the Acoustic Sounds website that claims that side 1 have the speed wrong. Is that truth?

22. James Bennett

James Bennett Forum Resident

I ordered this just now on your recommendation. Very much hope that you're correct in that it's the SH/KG 45rpm cut. It was pricey, but, I'm sure it'll be worth it.

23. David P. Hill

Really? More confusion! Must have run out of the loose bags! When and where did you buy your 33-1/3 at?

24. OnTheRoad

OnTheRoad Not of this world

Cool !

I think it's a pretty good listen even on CD !!

I had the vinyl many years ago....I believe I had a cream colored, Holland made, edition in fact.

Jrr likes this.
  25. James Bennett

James Bennett Forum Resident

So, sorry, just to be clear: fair to say, if you have an edition with this spine (45rpm=517787-1) you've got the edition we're all after (SH/KG mastered from 2011) 45 RPM cut? Just want to be sure, as I'm not going to open it for a while if Amazon.ca indeed fulfills my order. Just had a baby and don't have a proper listening setup for vinyl right now.