SH Spotlight FLEETWOOD MAC Rumours, heard it 1000 times, still love it! Our WB 45 & 33 1/3 RPM vinyl coming now!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Steve Hoffman, Apr 25, 2007.

1. Oyama

Oyama Senior Member

Great stuff Steve!

I just placed my Rumours preorder along with Tres Hombres. :cool:

2. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host Thread Starter

Guys,

When you preorder, you don't have to pay upfront, correct? Just a place on a waiting list?

I mean to say, when this is finally released, there will be plenty for all....

3. Oyama

Oyama Senior Member

Well, I received an order confirmation via email from Acoustic Sounds with the order total, so I'm really not sure.

4. Pug

Pug The Prodigal Snob Returns!

Correct. You are charged when the LP ships. Sometimes you can buy the record cheaper if you preorder.

5. Oyama

Oyama Senior Member

Thanks Sean for confirming this. :thumbsup:

6. Pug

Pug The Prodigal Snob Returns!

You're welcome. :D

Everytime I've preordered from Acoustic Sounds they charged me when the item shipped. I assume Music Direct is the same way.

7. quadjoe

quadjoe Senior Member

:righton:

Just ordered my copy. Rumours is one of my favorite albums of all time. I only have two copies: the original I purchased in 1976, and a MFSL copy from 1980 or so. I can't wait to hear what you've done, Steve.

:goodie: :goodie:

P.S. I ordered mine from MusicDirect, and they don't charge your account until they ship the merchandise, FWIW.

8. nin

nin Forum Resident

Steve, do you have any idea how many will be pressed? And are they limited or will they repress if they are sold out?

Would be nice if WB are willing to have these title in "stock" for a long time, not just a one limited pressing. :)

9. Harry Krishner

Harry Krishner Forum Resident

That's great, I need a new lp of Rumours....somebody spilled beer all over my last copy. Damn on those house party's!

Oh well, blessing in disguise.

Just to make sure I've found the right pressing....is it Item #LRHI3010

10. LeeS

LeeS Music Fan

I'm really looking forward to this Steve.

11. Dan C

Dan C Forum Fotographer

This is a record that I could never imagine paying for again. I mean, they're everywhere! But now I've changed my mind. And luckily for me I've stayed away from the record for so many years (after burning out on it) that I can't wait to hear it again!

Thanks for your hard work. I'm really looking forward to this gem. :)

dan c

12. Ctiger2

Ctiger2 Senior Member

I would guess this will be a "Limited Edition" press.

Limited to the number they can sell.... :laugh: I would be they'll press 5K or so initially and then press and press more as needed. All IMO.

13. jkauff

jkauff Senior Member

Anyone from the band aware of this activity? I'd expect LB to be curious if no one else was.

14. Where can I pre-order this, Acoustic Sounds?

15. CardinalFang

CardinalFang New Member

Yes.

16. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

yes, and all the other usual suspects. i like elusive disc.

17. Done! I pre-ordered from Acoustic Sounds.

I've just been getting back into vinly the last few months. For future purchases........

What's the difference between Elusive Disc and Acoustic Sounds?

Are there any advantages to either of them? Or are they relatively the same and it's just a matter of personal preference?

And.....

Thank you Mr. Hoffman and all the other folks! I didn't know anything about this upcoming release and I'm so glad I found this thread and this site!

18. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host Thread Starter

I support all of the mail order vinyl companies. (See my home page links). I like to throw my business to Acoustic Sounds. Instead of taking the money and buying private jets or something, Acoustic Sounds spends it on great Analogue Productions reissues like the 45 RPM jazz series "100 Greatest Jazz Albums Of All Time" and YES' "Fragile" reissue LP, etc. Gotta love those guys in Kansas; that stuff is expensive as hell to license...

19. Then I'm glad I pre-ordered three of them:D

I like buying from people who are involved in these ways and do wonderful things.

Come to think of it, I may want to pre-order two more (one each for my two sons, for when they grow up)

20. Ryan

Ryan That would be telling

Yes it can be preordered at Acoustic Sounds.

21. andrewi

andrewi New Member

Just wanted to say a personal thank you to Steve for putting his usual great effort in making his masterings the issue to own. Sounds like you went above-and-beyond trying to figure out all the little inconsistancies of this album over the years. THANK YOU! This is a personal favorite and I can't wait to hear the new pressing.

Would it be too much to hope a 45 of "Go Your Own Way/Silver Springs" will be included with the release?...

22. Time to get with the program, LOL!

23. jojopuppyfish

jojopuppyfish Senior Member

When is this suppose to be released?

24. AudioGirl

AudioGirl Forum Resident

The version released on Tralfamadore will have it on there.:shh:

25. CardinalFang

CardinalFang New Member