Fleetwood Mac S/T 1975 Super Deluxe Edition Announced (Inc.5.1 Mix)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Myke, Nov 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse Thread Starter

If you read the previous posts, these things are addressed.

2. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident

Actually I asked the question the other day Myke and you linked the CD release. Which post answers the vinyl release date?

3. Myke

There is no real vinyl release date yet, just assumptions that it'll be RSD in April. When I read " I hadn't thought of that," I felt compelled to show it had just been said, earlier today, on the same page.

I just saw the Discogs submission for this set. Dan Hersch and Bill Inglot ? Now that's good news !!!!

4. Clanceman

Clanceman Forum Resident

Just picked mine up from Music Millennium (local Portland indie) yesterday.

It’s been awhile since I’ve picked up a new release in store. I spent $123 more than the price of this set.

Now I remember why it’s been awhile....& it’s not necessarily because it’s inconvenient or the higher prices.

These Fleetwood Mac Super Deluxe sets have all been incredible. Can’t wait to dig into this one.

let him run... and ccbarr like this.
  5. Sixpence

Sixpence Zeppelin Fan

There was additional guitar fills on the 5.1 version vs the album version. I'm not sure if it is the single version or just another edit. This could have been part of the studio version but edited out.

6. ccbarr

ccbarr Forum Resident

So true, these sets have been fantastic. They've made me fall in love with the albums again, and in the case of Mirage and Tango, really appreciate the albums properly for the first time. Enjoy the set, you are in for a treat!:righton:

Clanceman and willy like this.
  7. JimW

JimW In the Process of Becoming

We read these reviews differently apparently. Besides one who said the mix wasn't very discreet (but did say the SQ was very good), I've seen nothing but good reviews. Maybe not rave, but I'm getting the overall impression that it's very good. Still many precincts left to report in though...

Mr. Explorer and Bill Mac like this.
  8. polk

polk Forum Resident

Really, no one knows if the the original radio promo of Rhiannon live is the same as one of the two live versions on this box? If this community doesn't know, I must have discovered one of the great mysteries of the universe. I only ask because it used to send shivers up my arm when it came on the radio while I was driving home from work.

9. hyde park

hyde park Forum Resident

Same here - hasn't even shipped yet.

10. stever

stever Senior Member

Mine shipped from Amazon UK yesterday. It will be interesting to see if the record (esp. cover) makes it undamaged.

11. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

That's odd as my Fleetwood Mac S/T Deluxe set shipped on 1/18 and arrived in the US (Philadelphia) on 1/19. Due to arrive on Tuesday the 23rd.

Kind of a long story but I ordered the S/T Deluxe set back in November at Amazon.co.uk when the preorder was first listed. Then I made a complete bonehead move and cancelled the preorder as I thought I found a much lower price on Amazon US. Well the price was lower but it was for the Rumours Deluxe box set :realmad:! So I cancelled the Rumours Deluxe set and reordered the S/T Deluxe set on 1/17 at Amazon.co.uk. But of course the price wasn't as low as the original preorder.

So I'm wondering if Amazon.co.uk is shipping the lower priced S/T Deluxe sets later due to the lower price. Hope that's not it but that's the only explanation I can think of. Definitely can't figure out why my order shipped with expedited UPS shipping as I didn't pay for or select that option. Not complaining but seems odd all around.

12. Myke

Mine shipped around 7am US time today. Been a little busy dealing with my son's work truck being broken into last night, and losing some of his HVAC tools. Between sweeping up glass, and getting censored on my Neighborhood Watch FB page, for "promoting violence," :rolleyes: I haven't had time for a shipping update.
    Got some shipper called i parcel ? :shrug: Tracking appears to work.

13. Sander

Sander Senior Member

I’ve been enjoying this set for a full day now and so far, the real gem in this set for me is the Early Versions disc. It plays like a great alternate version of the album and SQ is great! The live disc has some excellent moments as well, such as Hypnothized.

Oyster Boy and csnfan like this.
  14. JimW

Bill-

A bunch of folks from this forum got together and spoke w/ Am-UK about what a great guy you are and explained about your brain-fart; they agreed to expedite your shipping and refund the difference out of respect. There'll be a card enclosed signed by all the parties involved.

15. csnfan

csnfan Forum Resident

Get Like You Used to Be shows what they gained by adding L + S (and what L + S gained). What was a standard blues seems to be a harbinger of "Don't Stop" - Same rhythm?

16. SteelyNJ

SteelyNJ Forum Resident

I placed my order with Amazon UK in November and it's due to arrive in NJ on Feb 1 (standard shipping). My card was charged $55.19.

Myke likes this.
  17. JimW

I had an order with them that I cancelled, waiting for reviews of the 5.1. But they must have dropped it back down, cuz when I checked today it was $57 and change shipped.

I'm really close to pulling the trigger...

Thanks to all who've reported on the surround mix. A few more and I'll be over the hump.

18. formu_la

formu_la I'm not a robot

Why these morons always bundle together vinyl and 5.1 is beyond me.

rd1, supermd, ti-triodes and 3 others like this.
  19. maxwell2323

maxwell2323 Forum Resident

Exactly. The whole set is fabulous. And forget about this whole lossy vs lossless crap - the 5.1 DVD is a revelation !

20. JimW

This is the strongest review yet! :edthumbs:

Haggis Wampovich likes this.
  21. head_unit

head_unit Senior Member

That's only one Mac track-but very interesting for some other songs on there also. AND particularly "China Grove" in CD quality versus DVD quality...though with an agenda, I wonder if Scheiner really truly just downrezzed the exact same mastering at the exact same level, or if he fudged things a bit. It's also ironic that the first Acura had a really messed up 5.1 (a coworker and another industry fellow who wanted to check his 5.1 mixes in a car made a channel-to-channel fade disc and found the sound moved around the TL in some really strange ways).

22. RupertPupkin

RupertPupkin Forum Resident

thanks. sorry I was confused at first because Stevie Nicks comment at the beginning of the "early studio" alternate take of Rhiannon of CD2 starts with the same spoke verse...
    I thought that each time she recorded Rhiannon (like she did later for the piano demos) she would added a different spoken intro, ad lib, depending on her mood...

So apparently this spoken intro was used for the 5.1 mix of the album and was perhaps initially planned to be "unedited" - just like the for "the other half of the sky" spoken intro John Lennon added at the beginning of "Woman" (except it is on Double Fanatsy LP) - at first I was thinking that it was just a short thing like the extended "Across The Universe" from "Young Americans" where we can hear John Lennon stopping playing his typical-trademark '75 acoustic rhythm guitar and saying "let me just drop in!" which can only be heard on the 5.1 mix of "Young Americans".

Now that your are telling me that there are some additional guitar overdubs vs the original album version (we are talking about the one on CD1 "remastered") then I'm really curious to listen to this 5.1 mix.
    Had this mix been so different, they could have done a stereo mixdown and add an additionnal CD; I will try to make a binaural mix or something like this but I don't have some major skills.
    And I'm no really curious to hear and combine several of the 5.1 tracks...
    Did you find some interesting way to make some "stripped mix" using the 5.1 tracks ? enlighted some things buried on the mix ? (backing vocals, chatting, instruments ?)

23. rpd

rpd Senior Member

I too could do without the vinyl in this set, but my vinyl is quiet and flat...

24. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

It is not it, I ordered at the cheap price way back when and it went out the 18th.

25. downer

downer Senior Member

My set is in the middle of a world tour sponsored by Amazon UK and UPS...

Luton -> East Midlands -> Cologne -> Paris -> Philadelphia -> Louisville -> Honolulu and now back to Louisville for some reason...

Taking the long way way to Australia...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.