Fleetwood Mac - Say Goodbye

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by lennonfan1, Apr 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lennonfan1

lennonfan1 Senior Member Thread Starter

2. lennonfan1

lennonfan1 Senior Member Thread Starter

this video speaks for itself...
    you can see her face age with bad memories right before your eyes.

3. Solace

Solace Forum Resident

Though not a big FM fan, I’ve always liked this tune, and many others on Say You Will.

lennonfan1 and mark winstanley like this.
  4. mark winstanley

mark winstanley Certified dinosaur, who likes physical product

I thought say you will was a great album, on par with anything they ever did.

sentinel90125, lennonfan1 and willy like this.
  5. willy

willy hooga hagga hooga

The original Gift of Screws version is sublime... :love:

lennonfan1 likes this.
  6. MikeVielhaber

MikeVielhaber Forum Resident

aside from Stevie overdubs, is it any different?

7. willy

willy hooga hagga hooga

It is in a different key.

8. AppleCorp3

AppleCorp3 Forum Resident

I wonder how much of it is bad memories or the idea of having to sing this song - his words - night after night.

It's classic Fleetwood Mac Rumours-style drama, but it's probably drama that Stevie doesn't want to rehash. (I.e. I said goodbye to YOU already - get over it.)

9. PhilBorder

PhilBorder Senior Member

It's amazing how much unresolved (fill in your own word: conflict, drama, affection) seems to remain between SN and LB.

Though it would seem akin to trying to take a nap in a cement mixture, Mike Campbell and Neil Finn might actually stabilize the emotions in that band. Now that I think about it, might be very interesting to hear a new album with these guys writing songs as well. I guess that would be Fleetwood 8.0 or 9.2 or something.

10. MikeVielhaber

I know I have a CD I made of the original album, but I can't find it. So I looked it up on youtube and you're right. I never noticed that, but then I don't think I have gone back and listened to the original after Say You Will came out and probably hadn't heard it in a while even at that time so I just figured it was the same. I wonder if that was a completely new recording. I'm unaware of him rerecording any of his Gift of Screws songs during the Say You Will sessions.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
  11. MikeVielhaber

I don't think either of them were over it especially at that time. The song was written in the late 80s.

12. MikeVielhaber

It was cool that they kept at least one song from Say You Will in the setlist for that tour (although the previous tour had none). During the last leg of the reunion tour with Christine they added Bleed to Love Her, but that was also on The Dance.

13. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

Always loved this song. Say You Will would've been one of the best FM albums ever if they'd kept it to regular vinyl length. So much filler, but the good stuff that is there is really great.

14. brYantrYin

brYantrYin Well-Known Member

I remember at this point in time there was a big question mark hanging over the future of Fleetwood Mac ..John McVie had only just been diagnosed with cancer the month before this ,there was talk about this being the final Fleetwood Mac show so it was an emotional one.
    Thankfully he had the best treatment in the months following this and was well enough to commence and complete the On With The Show world tour in 2014/15

15. AppleCorp3

AppleCorp3 Forum Resident

I wasn't aware it was written in the late 80s - that would date it around the time of Tango.

Still, she could be resentful of the sentiment nonetheless.

16. GoodKitty

GoodKitty FloydM

May 26, 2018 : happy 70th birthday Stevie :righton::cheers::laughup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.