Fleetwood Mac-Tango In The Night HDtracks

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by c-eling, Dec 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coffeecupman

coffeecupman Forum Resident

I'm just asking - isn't it possible that the recording equipment (mics, mic preamps, etc) had the 20kHz cutoffs?

I mean, couldn't it be an analog recording through an analog chain that limited high frequency extension?

I'm just trying to find other ways to consider these graphs.

ccm

2. GreenDrazi

GreenDrazi Truth is beauty

Analog equipment typically has a slower roll-off and the various pieces of equipment will vary at what freq. they roll-off - all of which tends to not give you such a sharp truncation at a fixed frequency, which just happens to be at ½ the sampling rate (more evidence of digital recording).

3. S.P.

S.P. New Member

+1

4. monkeytree

monkeytree Forum Resident

I just caught this tread and got excited ... but I've only seen graphs and speculation on the sources.
    How do the tracks sound in comparison to the original CD's/Vinyl? The graphs can tell a lot, but I'd love you know what your ears think of it!

Adam Bosman likes this.
  5. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

Same here....not up to paying top dollar for a product I can't hold in my hands. There are going to be many stories in ten years about thousands of people that lost their entire libraries due to hard drive failures, etc. And someday, somehow, a lot of stuff being stored in the cloud, so to speak, is also going to mysteriously disappear because nothing is perfect or works all the time. I feel much more comfy with my vinyl and CDs.

JulesRules, c-eling and julotto like this.
  6. L5730

L5730 Forum Resident

On the back of the CD tray sheet:
    "The music on this Compact Digital Disc was originally recorded on analogue equipment. We have attempted to preserve as close as possible, the sound of the original recording. Because of its high resolution, however, the Compact Disc can reveal limitations of the source tape"

I laugh at that statement, but in all seriousness they indicate it was recorded to tape, or at least to some analogue form.

Slightly off topic:
    I just picked up a German made CD in my local supermarket for £3. Now I don't mind that at all. It's the one album we never had on CD that we did have on vinyl. Incidentally the folks actually off loaded all of the FM CD's sometime in the late 90's, and then had to buy them all over again a couple of years ago!

0 7599-25471-2
    Made in Germany
    Matrix: (tiny letters: IFPI L016) (Warner 'W' logo) 759925471-2.4 VQ1 UQV
    89.1/86.4/81.2/90/64/65.3/92/80.7/95.7/90.4/47.7/76.5

The disc manufacturing sucks to be honest. There're a few places, label side, that look a bit oily. The aluminium is a bit wobbly near the edges too - but doesn't affect the rip or playback*. Oh yeah, and the tray has blank smooth rectangles where the old Compact Disc Digital Audio logo is usually. Just shoddy.
    * not compared with other pressings of this disc.

7. GreenDrazi

GreenDrazi Truth is beauty

“Digital recording” in the mid-80's was typically output to analog for mixing, editing, EQ., etc. So having an analog master was typical.

8. c-eling

c-eling They're made of light,We never would have guessed Thread Starter

Same disc, Made In Germany but my matrix is different, same EAC, mine is well made

9. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

Well, there are more than a few of us that offloaded ALL our vinyl and are now buying it back....what were we thinking! Just having to rebuy FMac catalog....just a minor slap on the wrist. What a business!

10. Adam Bosman

Adam Bosman Forum Resident

I'm on an FM kick. Anyone want to weigh in on the Mirage and Tango HD Tracks? This thread kinda died. How do they SOUND?

driverdrummer likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.