Fleetwood Mac - The Dance finally on vinyl Oct 12,2018 & Say You Will

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by pinkrudy, Aug 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fmfanuk

fmfanuk Forum Resident

There was a great vinyl (Pallas Edition) released in 2012, see if you can pick this up, it’s very good

Fleetwood Mac - Fleetwood Mac

rydersdad and Mr. Explorer like this.
  2. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident

Thanks, I've seen it online for the same price as the latest boxset, I just don't need the extras that come with it as I've downloaded all that stuff.

3. The Dance is worth it to me for 'Silver Springs' alone.

Sean, Jachay, PTgraphics and 2 others like this.
  4. Defdum&blind

Defdum&blind Forum Resident

The Dance on LP has been on wish wish list for a long time. I have the laserdisc and DVD of this as well. The sound from the laserdisc kills the DVD version.

pinkrudy likes this.
  5. Michael Rose

Michael Rose Forum Resident

:laughup: YES WE DO

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  6. Michael Rose

Definitely my favorite song on the album. A Top 5 FM song (especially this version.)

7. BlueJay

BlueJay Forum Resident

Absolutely. Anyone who likes Christine McVie should like Time. I never cared for The Dance.

Former Lee Warmer likes this.
  8. I've tried many times, that album does absolutely nothing for me and even Christine's songs just sound like Christine-by-numbers to me. But as always YMMV.

9. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident

I really Like Christine McVie but I saw them on tour supporting that album and it was like professional karaoke, with Bramlett singing all the Stevie Nicks songs and one of the replacement guys doing Lindsey's and Christine sort of hid in a back corner of the stage behind her keyboards. They were supported by Pat Benatar and her set outshone theirs by a mile. And Mick had that body drum suit and kept clanging his balls and beating his chest while gurning. It was pretty bad.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  10. whisper3978

whisper3978 Forum Resident

Well, 2 of those 4 songs are just live versions, but even the two actual studio recordings would have been nice to throw on. Can't wait for this.

Mr. Explorer and WalkAThinLine like this.
  11. MikeVielhaber

MikeVielhaber Forum Resident

If they were going to do a extended or deluxe edition then I'm sure they would be doing more than a vinyl reissue.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  12. MikeVielhaber

MikeVielhaber Forum Resident

I think you might be misremembering. Christine did not tour with the Time lineup. She contributed only to the album.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  13. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident

Really? ****, I must have drunk a lot at that gig, I could swear she was there. I saw them in 1995, somewhere near Massachusetts.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  14. Was reading about this tour -without Christine - some gigs they were support for REO Speedwagon. Jeez.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  15. stonesfcr

stonesfcr Forum Resident

2015 Isle of Wight Bluray, please :agree:

16. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident

They were there too, it was all three acts but I was a bit young (21 then) to know REO Speedwagon. Tbh, I'm hard pressed to name any of their hits now, it's not something I've ever listened to.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  17. Just to clarify my 'jeez' was in reference to how far FM had fallen as a draw at that point.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  18. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

I was about to post the same thing. That Chris Bellman cut 2 X 45 rpm sounds unbelievable, and is very highly recommended !!!!

Hell, I own that, the box, and a Kendun I would never part with, as it puts Mick and John up front, the way I love a record to be.

19. Michael Rose

Any idea why this song has been omitted? It wasn't included on the original CD either. :sigh:

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  20. Mathew

Mathew Forum Resident

What? Say You Will on vinyl? Hot damn, today is my birthday and this is great news!

21. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

I like Christine McVie, but her Time contributions are the definition of "phoned in." She didn't want to be there, and it shows. I think her contributions were recorded at a separate set of sessions from the rest of the record...wouldn't surprise me if the only time that 5-person lineup was together was for the booklet photo shoot.

Mr. Explorer and Fannymac like this.
  22. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

I don’t know. I like it much better than the original studio version.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  23. Michael Rose

If they were concerned about cd length, that's one thing, but what about the re-release? 80 minutes is perfect. Especially if it surpasses the studio version.

Mr. Explorer and chacha like this.
  24. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

But, it’s the visuals that make their live versions great - Stevie glaring at Lindsey as she sings that her voice will haunt him.

And the absence of “Gypsy” and “Songbird” (omitting “Songbird”? Really?) makes the whole release seem like an afterthought. If there are reports of a spectacular pressing, I’ll buy it, but it would only be for that reason.

Mr. Explorer, Myke and Michael Rose like this.
  25. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

All good points and statements I agree with.
    It'll have to be a Bellman, or a Grundman to get me. Otherwise, yes, my DVD is fine.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.