Fleetwood Mac - The Dance finally on vinyl Oct 12,2018 & Say You Will

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by pinkrudy, Aug 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

'The Dance'(CD) was my introduction to Fleetwood Mac
    I bought 'Say You Will'(CD) about 3-4 years ago, and contains a lot of really Good Songs(although should have trimmed off a few of the Weakest Songs, but then we complain about wanting to hear the B-Sides). At least the Vinyl spreads out all of those Songs from 'Say You Will' over 2 Records though, which I figured needed to be done.

Looks like 2 more Titles I need to eventually add to my 'Start Up' Vinyl Collection. Might need to wait until I buy The Police Box Set and most of the New Kate Bush Vinyl Reissues/Remasters and most of the Siouxsie & the Banshees Vinyl Reissues on my 'To Buy' List(probably for the X-Mas Holidays).

Mr. Explorer, WeepingWall and Porkpie like this.
  2. EricRiotT

EricRiotT Forum Resident

Did anyone else notice they’ve done something... odd... to Stevie’s face on The Dance cover? It’s definitely different from the CD release:

[​IMG]

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  3. PTgraphics

PTgraphics Senior Member

Wow, now that is lame. Terrible idea. Hope it didn't come from Stevie.

4. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident

Isn’t it just lighter, like a lot of reissue artwork and lacking the sharpness of the original?

5. BrucePadgett

BrucePadgett Forum Resident

It’s a lousy scan of the original cover. Guess they couldn’t find (or even bother looking for) the original art elements.

Lame.

6. Mean Dorris

Mean Dorris Forum Resident

In your images the shape of the face looks very different....

bru87tr likes this.
  7. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident

Which is the new cover? Because the shape of her face in the second picture (on the right) looks like my original copy from the 90s

8. EricRiotT

EricRiotT Forum Resident

The vinyl is on the left and CD on the right. Look at the neck, hair, face shape... they’ve obviously done some tweaking and it’s not for the better.

c-eling likes this.
  9. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident

Isn’t that just a strand of hair on the left that’s now darker? I highly doubt they would have edited the image given the minimal effort in overall packaging

10. MHP

MHP Lover of Rock ‘n Roll

That’s a photoshop-job without a doubt. The shape of the face is made slimmer. Very obvious if you look at the left side that some fake shadow or filter has been applied to try to hide it. I guess Stevie Nicks wants to be forever young...

11. Wow, this in relation to her kicking out Lindsey is just depressing.

12. fmfanuk

fmfanuk Forum Resident

Sounds good, but packaging is so threadbare, no gatefold sleeve, no insert, seems a cash grab to me, same for the SYW vinyl release

Porkpie likes this.
  13. fmfanuk

fmfanuk Forum Resident

Oh and my copy of Say You Will jumps on side 4, track 1, (Bleed To Love Her) so going back to Amazon for a replacement, anyone else have the same problem?

14. dtuck90

dtuck90 Forum Resident

Started listening to The Dance earlier. Only listened to side A, it’s pressed at a low volume but I was very impressed with the sound quality overall

WeepingWall likes this.
  15. supermolland

supermolland Senior Member

Listening to Say You Will and it’s a very nice improvement over the CD. Thank you Chris Bellman!

WeepingWall likes this.
  16. When In Rome

When In Rome It's far from being all over...

I'm just surprised they didn't digitally remove ol' Lyndsey out there altogether... :D

ClausH, Bloom, Porkpie and 1 other person like this.
  17. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

Yeah, but he about to remove some of the Band's Money if he wins his lawsuit:agree:.

18. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

But I paid only around £14 - £16 on Amazon UK for double vinyl! Just playing The Dance. More cheaper 140 gram releases please. (now up £20 and £16).

Shak Cohen likes this.
  19. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

My cover just looks a bit lighter but not pixelated as in the right picture.

20. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

No problem with mine. What are you playing it on?:cheers:

21. fmfanuk

fmfanuk Forum Resident

Replacement copy also jumped, 3rd copy was fine, maybe a bad batch out there

22. bmh5879

bmh5879 Forum Resident

Received today and of course the jacket is bent on The Dance. Seems like double LPs in single jackets are hit or miss in terms of surviviving the postal journey. As everyone says, skimpy packaging. Nice to finally hold vinyl copies of these albums though. Will listen tomorrow and follow up with my thoughts.

23. pablohoney

pablohoney Forum Resident

Just listened to “The Dance” straight through with no cleaning. Sounds perfect. The recent vinyl releases/remasters have sounded great and should be how all vinyl sounds.

Lethrus, Grohlfan and bmh5879 like this.
  24. pablohoney

pablohoney Forum Resident

When I say recent I just mean the Fleetwood Mac releases only! There was an odd bit of static on the Dance but it hasn’t been cleaned in my Spin Cleanr yet. I recommend if you like Fleetwood Mac to buy it. It isn’t brickwalled and can be cranked.

25. Steve Plato

Steve Plato Active Member

Playing the new vinyl Say You Will: it is quite awful! The recording is much too bright and, especially on the second record, there is serious sibilance which is almost renders it unlistenable (try the last track on side 4!). The vinyl itself seems high quality: flat and silent. Curiously enough the last vinyl that I had sibilance problems with was the Tango in the Night reissue. Both recordings (is it Lindsey Buckingham's production?) seem too brittle - especially for vinyl.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.