Fleetwood Mac Tour 2018/19*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by PRW94, Oct 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. manxman

manxman Forum Resident

Well, that's the most adventurous setlist Fleetwood Mac have played for over 20 years.

It's nowhere near as adventurous as I would have liked, but it's still the most adventurous setlist Fleetwood Mac have played for over 20 years.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
  2. lennonfan1

lennonfan1 Senior Member

I can understand Lindsey not wanting to do the old stuff but imagine how cool it would have been if they had rotating set lists including the older stuff?

painted8 likes this.
  3. PRW94

PRW94 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Final set list

Fleetwood Mac Set List, Oct. 3, 2018 – Tulsa, Oklahoma

1. “The Chain”
    2. “Little Lies”
    3. “Dreams”
    4. “Second Hand News” (Neil Finn on vocals)
    5. “Say You Love Me”
    6. “Black Magic Woman” (1968 single, Stevie Nicks on vocals)
    7. “Everywhere”
    8. “I Got You” (Split Enz cover, Finn on vocals)
    9. “Rhiannon”
    10. “Tell Me All the Things You Do” (from Kiln House, 1970)
    11. “Storms”
    12. “World Turning” (featuring drum / percussion duel)
    13. “Hypnotized” (from Mystery to Me, 1973, Finn on vocals)
    14. “Oh Well” (Mike Campbell on vocals)
    15. “Don’t Dream It’s Over” (Crowded House cover, Finn and Nicks duet)
    16. “Landslide”
    17. “Isn’t It Midnight” (from Tango in the Night, 1987)
    18. “Monday Morning”
    19. “You Make Loving Fun”
    20. “Gold Dust Woman”
    21. “Go Your Own Way”
    encore
    22. “Free Fallin'” (Tom Petty cover, Nicks on vocals)
    23. “Don’t Stop”
    24. “All Over Again” (From Time, 1995 – Nicks and Christine McVie on vocals)

D.B., sunspot42, pexie and 4 others like this.
  4. windfall

windfall Senior Member

Lyrics all over the place. Gawd.

Pretty.Odd. likes this.
  5. lennonfan1

lennonfan1 Senior Member

honest opinion, after watching both of those videos I thought Black Magic Woman actually worked, they all looked like they were having fun, Stevie relatively on key. Free Fallin' IMO was less successful, I felt she sang it pretty well but it's too awkward for Mac, it doesn't feel like them at all and Lindsey is very much missed here.

6. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

I think they should just head off to retirement land and leave the 70's behind...

Timothy Fiacco and Christopher B like this.
  7. Finchingfield

Finchingfield Forum Resident

Only 4 songs from the pre-Lindsey/Stevie days: 2 from the Peter Green period, 2 from the middle years. Wish they'd add a few more, like 'Sentimental Lady'...

AlienRendel and Zoot Marimba like this.
  8. Maseman66

Maseman66 Forum Resident

I had no interest in seeing this band with Buckingham but I would see them with this lineup. They will get better and better as the tour goes on.

9. MikeVielhaber

MikeVielhaber Forum Resident

Maybe get Christine to do one of hers.

anth67 likes this.
  10. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

that's a good setlist but pretty disrespectful to do second hand news and Monday morning

11. ash1

ash1 Forum Resident

Green Manalishi please Stevie.

12. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

She covered Free Fallin' on the Party of Five soundtrack. This was like 20+ years ago so maybe the rust needs to shake off. Mick's drumming is not in the right groove so that probably contributed to it being off kilter.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
    Shak Cohen, phillyal1, PDK and 2 others like this.
  13. PRW94

In fairness, then a whole bunch of other bands still out there making money ought to as well.

The reality is the boomers are the ones with the money to spend to go see concerts. I ain't saying it's right, I'm saying it's reality.

14. PRW94

I'm very interested to see if they shake up the set list as they go along or stay consistent. Mick said they were working up a lot of stuff.

My wish would be for a Campbell/Finn (again, Neil is no rank amateur with a guitar in his hands) take on "Albatross."

I now think this will work, when they get a few shows under their belts this is going to be a strong band.

I do hope after they're done with the tour they'll come up with some new music, but if they don't, they don't, it is what it is ... and I think the positive word of mouth after this first concert will disappoint the Lindsey acolytes who've been touting slow ticket sales and literally wishing for the the thing to fail/implode.

15. MikeVielhaber

But Go Your Own Way is fine? The disrespectful thing was kicking Lindsey out of the band. This is nothing.

seed_drill, angelees, theMess and 5 others like this.
  16. Matthew Tate

go your own way was a huge hit. the other 2 songs are not so no reason to even play them

fsutall and zen like this.
  17. tspit74

tspit74 Senior Member

And Tusk.

Keep it below the belt.

JDeanB and Tristero like this.
  18. MikeVielhaber

What have you heard regarding positive word of mouth? All I've heard is it was ok, lacking in energy and chemistry. Would like to hear differing view points though.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  19. MikeVielhaber

Second Hand News is not a chart hit, but a very well known song. It leads off one of the best selling albums of all time. Monday Morning is not an obscure track either.

bru87tr, theMess, GoodKitty and 2 others like this.
  20. Matthew Tate

they aren't but they aren't hits and they are very personal to Buckingham. go your own was was the only Buckingham sung and written song I expected to see in the setlist and it should be the only one in the setlist

21. MikeVielhaber

I don’t see why the criteria needs to be “hit song”. If the crowds knows it that should be good enough to play it. Those would not be bathroom breaks for an arena crowd. Go Your Own Way is personal too, but then it’s a hit so that doesnt matter.

The_Windmill and Matthew Tate like this.
  22. PRW94

The online reviews of the concert from newspapers, other media outlets, etc. The only negative stuff I've seen are on social media from Lindsey acolytes who would say it sucked if Christ Himself had come down from the sky in the middle of "Gold Dust Woman" and said "I am pleased with this."

The guy is gone. He's not coming back to this band, that bridge is incinerated. People need to move forward. Go see Fleetwood Mac if you want to (I am in February). Go see Lindsey if you want to (I'm actually thinking very hard about it). Just move forward.

23. A Danny Kirwan song..Yeah! First time time they've polished one off since 1975..

Plus a Welch and Peter Green..Cool

I'm glad I got Tix!

24. MikeVielhaber

Looks like a percussionist. Does he have a drum set? I don’t see it.

25. Matthew Tate

because they booted the guy out of the band. every song he sang should be dropped except the one that's actually a huge hit

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.