Floyd / The Wall / HDCD !?!?!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Gary, Jul 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff Thread Starter

2. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I don't ever recall the Carpenters doing a few of the listed songs. For example."California Dreamin" ?? Maybe in one of their Medley's? Looks neat!

3. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

Well, look at the sellers (only) previous auction. He sold a bootleg Star Wars DVD. Hmmmmm, let's use ebay to sell counterfeit items that would be in high demand, e.g. the Wall HDCD.

4. vex

vex New Member

Yes, that is a Chinese/Taiwanese counterfeit. I've been to China a couple of times and have picked up a bunch of CD's both times. They are dirt cheap (around $1.00 to $2.00 U.S equivalent.) However, the quality sucks! You get what you pay for. I don't buy them for the music; just for the novelty and collectable nature of it.

Anyway, those Chinese bootleggers will take every single buzzword and icon related to current music technology they can find and plaster ALL of them on the CD. I mean, I have a number of these CD's that are 24K Gold, HDCD, SACD, XRCD, and MP3 all in one! Yeah, right! The only one of these that is probably true is MP3, cuz that is what most of 'em sound like. Also, almost all of them have some sort of hokey hologram thingy (just like the one on The Wall disc in that eBay ad.) I guess they figure this makes them look more "official" or whatever.

Another funny thing about these discs is the horrible translations. They will go to great lengths to duplicate the product as closely as possible, right down to the copyright notices, but then make NUMEROUS spelling errors! I mean, even if I don't know the language, I would at least be able to copy the characters and place them in the correct order! One of my favorites is "Sgt. Peeper's Lonely Hearts Club Band".

[​IMG]

5. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Thanks for the Tip! I guess that also goes for the Carpenters?

6. vex

vex New Member

That Carpenters disc has all the tell-tale signs of a Chinese/Taiwanese counterfeit. Stay away unless you are a hardcore Carpenters fan looking for a useless curio to add to your collection.

If anyone here wants some of these discs, let me know and I can get them for you on my next trip to China. I'll be happy to sell them to you for a very reasonable price of $15.00 each. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.