Focal Electra 1038 Be speakers

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by motorcitydave, Jun 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KT88

KT88 Senior Member

2. laughalot

laughalot Forum Resident

Thanks for the positive affirmation. I am so looking forward to them. I am like a kid on Xmas eve.

3. kzhtoo

kzhtoo Member

Did you order 1008Be? Somehow when I clicked on your link and it only shows google homepage.

4. laughalot

laughalot Forum Resident

Yep 1008 BE in slate Grey

5. laughalot

laughalot Forum Resident

Yep. In Slate Grey

6. kzhtoo

kzhtoo Member

Gorgeous! Congrats, you've just purchased a very very good set of speakers. I've never heard of Diablo, so do not know how much Diablo is better (I'd guess more than 10% though).

I also have 1008Be in Basalt. :) BTW, would you be pairing with any sub?

7. laughalot

laughalot Forum Resident

Thanks. Yes I will be using my same sub. Paradigm DSP 3400

8. kzhtoo

kzhtoo Member

Awesome! Paradigm makes great subs. I have studio sub12 and it fills up the bottom nicely. I cross the sub over at 120Hz and 1008Be at 80Hz (instead of 60Hz) to relieve some load.

9. laughalot

laughalot Forum Resident

120Hz is too much for my room. I cross the sub at between 35-60Hz and the Bass is tight and full. Might have to change that with the Electras but that will come with trial and error

10. kzhtoo

kzhtoo Member

What electronics do you use? I use Anthem and its room correction ARC integrates and tames the sub quite well.

11. laughalot

laughalot Forum Resident

For 2 Channel I have a Musical Fidelity A5.5(with HT By Pass). Source is a Creek EVO Cd and Vinyl source is Project 2 Xperience with a Grado Platinum cartridge.

My HT Amp is a Yamaha RVX 3800

12. laughalot

laughalot Forum Resident

I am considering getting the PBK (Perfect Bass Kit)for use with the Paradigm Sub

13. motorcitydave

motorcitydave Enlightened Rogue In Memoriam Thread Starter

Oh, I will be. Thanks. :cool::thumbsup:

14. kzhtoo

kzhtoo Member

I didn't know PBK works with DSP subs. Please do ASAP, at $100 don't walk, run.

15. laughalot

laughalot Forum Resident

Paradigm have one designed for use with there sub

16. kzhtoo

kzhtoo Member

Keep us posted about PBK. When I was shopping for a sub, I was also looking at a lot of ID brands - SVS, Hsu, etc. But PBK was the game changer for me.

17. laughalot

laughalot Forum Resident

Will do once I get the speakers. It wil take about 6 weeks for them to arrive. Only then will I start fiddeling with set up.

18. laughalot

laughalot Forum Resident

19. laughalot

laughalot Forum Resident

Just placed an order for the PBk cost will be round $250. Will report back once I have had a chance to live with it for a while.

BTW wont receive it for at least 6 weeks

20. kzhtoo

kzhtoo Member

That's a bummer. :( I took my dealer demo unit for $100. It was a night and day difference.

21. laughalot

laughalot Forum Resident

Not at all. Regular price is around $300 so I am quite happy, besides in this country you usually add a zero to the dollar price to get the shekel price (because of shipping, taxes etc)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.