For ELO fans: The Hotel where ELO resided during the recording of Balance Of Power

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by ChristianL, Jun 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChristianL

ChristianL Forum Resident Thread Starter

I just come back from a two-week holiday trip to Fanconia. It was great. My wife and me made a jaunt to Egloffstein, a neat little village in the heart of Northern Bavaria, to have lunch at "Gasthof zur Post". I remembered about the credits of the album Balance Of Power, ELO resided at "Hotel zur Post" while recording a part of the album at Hartmann Digital in Untertrubach (a one horse town, just a few minutes away from Egloffstein).

I was able to locate the hotel's guest book of 1985 and found a dedication from the band (Jeff Lynne, Bev Bevan, Richard Tandy and their assistant Phil Copestake)

Here's a photo of the "Gasthof zur Post" and the dedication in the guest book.

BTW, another recording location was Nassau, Bahamas, quite the opposite of Egloffstein.

Attached Files:

2. What a beautiful place. Thanks for sharing the info and the pics. That guest book is too cool. I'd be hard pressed to not rip that page out for myself. ;)

3. jl151080

jl151080 Forum Resident

Very interesting. Thanks for the pics! :righton:

4. Pug

Pug Elitist Snob

Very cool! :cool:

5. JorgeGvb

JorgeGvb Corvette Lover

6. Jack Son #9 Dream

Jack Son #9 Dream I Dig Love

That's awesome!

:)

7. kevintomb

kevintomb Forum Resident

VERY awesome...I assume you went their on your own...not to find that page..... :righton:

8. Anders B

Anders B Forum Resident

Christian - These pictures are awesome. Thanks for sharing these!! :righton:

9. Chippoh

Chippoh Forum Resident

This has to be the neatest threads ever started on this board.

Nice bit of undercover work.

Thanks!

10. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

Excellent! :D

11. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Thanks for sharing! I saw ELO CDs in Frankfurt, Darmstadt, and Mannheim this week, but somehow, it's just not the same. ;)

12. ChristianL

Hi All,
    I'm glad You enjoy this thread, thanks for the kind compliments.
    I felt very exiting while finding the guest book and taking the pictures, almost like a teenager hunting for his star.

To be honest, for a moment I have been tempted to rip the sides out of the book. :shh: But I can tell You, it is a lot more fun to share the pics with You.

Here is another pic from the guest book, this time it shows a small card with a dedication in German. I presume, someone from the ELO stuff (Phil Copestake ?) wrote it. It says: "Thanks to Mrs. Heid and the Stuff for the friendly service at the Hotel zur Post from ELO". Another shot from the Hotel is added, too.

Attached Files:

13. dbz

dbz Bolinhead.

I think the word is STAFF-great find and great Pics :righton:

14. ChristianL

Thanks for pointing out that small but significant difference. :wave:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.