DCC Archive For Steve Hoffman...Brainstorm!!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by RetroSmith, Nov 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RetroSmith

RetroSmith Forum Hall Of Fame<br>(Formerly Mikey5967) Thread Starter

Hey Steve.....I dont know why I never thought of this before.

I have, a perfect Cd candidate for DCC to reissue. Its a title that is perfect for your tube remastering touch.

Its 'The Christmas Song" LP by Nat King Cole.
    This is one of the most beautiful Holiday LPs EVER. Its one of those fantastically recorded Capitol LPs......and one that sorely needs your lovin' touch.

The first issue of this on Cd was a quickie done in 1987 from the LP master, EQ'ed for Vinyl. Hissy as Hell, although the sound wasnt bad, you knew it could be a lot better.

Second issue was a 24 bit remaster in 1999.
    Guess What? They No Noised it to DEATH. The tracks are clean, but have no magic, no presence, no LIFE. My 1967 stereo LP had more life than this has.

I think, with your tube touch, this could be one of, if not THE, Best sounding DCC disk out there. Its perfect, lush strings, Nats magical voice, amazing sounding masters from Capitol studios Golden years.

Altho everybody here has things they would like you to do, Dont you think this one would be a perfect candidate for a Gold Disk?

mikey

2. Mart

Mart New Member

Bing Crosby's White Christmas requires the same assistance. Do I hear the sound of a new Christams compilation album ala DCC? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. John Carsell

John Carsell Forum Resident

Sorry to so sound like the Grinch here but I remember Steve saying a few months ago that Nat King Cole's estate has put the kabosh on anything else from his catalogue being being reissued on other labels (say like DCC) for right now. It's a shame too. I'd love to see more of his stuff remastered by Steve.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.