? for those who order from Soundstage Direct

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Budysr, Jun 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vinyl Richie

Vinyl Richie Forum Resident

“James”

You sure that email was from “James?”

mickster likes this.
  2. vinylbuff

vinylbuff Forum Resident

There is a gentleman at SSD named Jim White, he contacted me when I bought my Rega RP8 and initiated the shipping process after they adjusted the price down a additional 10%. I had it 5 or 6 days later. He may very well be the person taking over and reorganizing the business.
    By the way, The RP8 purchase and my contact with Mr White was back in Oct. of '17.

3. aroney

aroney Who really gives a...?

I've had e-mail replies from three different "names' at SSD. No refund. Enough is enough. Done. :shake:

4. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

Place one and let us know. I’m kinda curious myself. Let us know what happens!

Lol....

loudinny likes this.
  5. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

I have never had dealings with this company but unless they heavily discounted all their vinyl there is certainly a fair margin in it. Third party sellers are able to regularly undercut Amazon's prices so you can't blame them. Several independent vinyl record only businesses thrive in the UK in spite of Amazon (and also run a bricks and mortar operation). My guess is this guy always ran a dodgy business model and never put a sufficient capital investment in at the start otherwise this situation would not have snowballed. It appears he had plenty sales until people got wind he was living of their up front payments. No legit business takes your money prior to shipping. This applies as much to online retailers as it does to builders. Because the owner had nice telephone banter doesn't exclude the possibility he is a crook. This is how conmen operate. If there is an issue regarding profit in the USA it may relate to the fact retail prices are much lower than here in the UK.

dcottrell6 likes this.
  6. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

It wouldn't surprise me that Seth was stiffing his distributers, and couldn't get product to ship out.

7. CSH

CSH Forum Resident

After several weeks of not getting any respones from SSD, I reached out to one of their employees via email and just received the following response. Maybe we will get our merchandise, but who knows. Here's what I got:

Very sorry for delay, we have a new company coming in and they will be
    filling all vinyl orders

The transition has taken longer then everyone expected..There is a very
    happy ending

8. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

I don’t know...sounds like the same “better days are coming” banter that has been par for the course for a long time. And I guarantee you the new company is not going to honor orders previously taken by SSD. It isn’t their responsibility and all that does is start them at a huge negative. Anyone that is still believing they will get their heavily discounted orders is begging to learn a lesson the hard way. You should have already disputed the charges, not hope for your orders to be filled. 25% off isn’t that good of a deal if you lose 100%, but someone let me know if I’m doing the math wrong.

9. aroney

aroney Who really gives a...?

Get your money back asap. Seriously.

10. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

SSD could have stopped the order cancellations by just shipping product.

Jrr likes this.
  11. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

Wow...what a novel idea. And I think that would’ve worked too! I can’t figure out why anyone would want to take it over. If it’s one of the big companies (Elusive, for example) it doesn’t make any sense. They very likely have just about the same mailing list SSD has. But that email from a SSD employee states we’re going to be “happy” about it, so I suspect in fact it will be by a company we are already familiar with. As far as being happy about it, it isn’t like anything most of these guys sell is rare or hard to find. It’s just another company selling the same thing, so I don’t know if I will exactly be breaking out the champagne, but I’m glad no one else will have to wait weeks for product, or never get it at all.

12. Gundwolf

Gundwolf New Member

Yes, the website is open and they are still taking orders and money....but no one is answering their phones or emails. I went through this same problem with PopMarket two years ago. I am so disappointed that companies aren't open and honest with their customers. I hope someone near their business has retained an attorney.

13. ScottInDallas

ScottInDallas Forum Resident

The website is up however (thankfully) you cannot check out.

14. DK Pete

DK Pete Forum Resident

Are they done? When i type in "Soundstage Direct" I get a whole other website.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.