? for those who order from Soundstage Direct

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Budysr, Jun 24, 2013.

1. 14 Cheerleader Coldfront

14 Cheerleader Coldfront Forum Resident

I bought a used Rega Aria from them earlier this year. Shipped next day and I am loving it.

pathguy likes this.
  2. pathguy

pathguy Forum Resident

Already filed on Friday.

btf1980 likes this.
  3. pathguy

pathguy Forum Resident

Glad it worked out! :righton: Though because it was used, it was "in stock".

4. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

He did. I was afraid he would wait too long and PayPal wouldn’t help, but I think it’s been six weeks so he should be okay.

btf1980 likes this.
  5. vinylsmokes

vinylsmokes Well-Known Member

Looking back on this thread, you posted last Friday that you placed a dispute with PayPal. Is that correct? According to PayPal, it typically takes 10-14 days, but can sometimes take a month or longer to resolve.

pathguy likes this.
  6. pathguy

pathguy Forum Resident

Yes that's correct. Paypal will get back to me within 10 days. I just find it interesting that a company cannot issue a refund.

vinylsmokes likes this.
  7. btf1980

btf1980 Forum Resident

Hope it gets resolved soon. Cheers.

pathguy likes this.
  8. riverrat

riverrat Forum Resident

I recently canceled an order with SSD for 3 lps that I placed 5 weeks previously and paid in full for when I placed the order. Two of the three lps were listed as "normally ships in 10-14 business days".

At about the 3 week mark, not hearing a peep, I opened a chat line. Whoever was on the other end said they'd be happy to split my shipment, send the one lp they had in stock for no charge while I continued to wait for the other two. I declined that, wanting to be accommodating.

At the 5 week mark, I tried to open another chat, but there was a line of about 6 people that didn't seem to change for 15 minutes. Phone calls got an answering service, where I left two messages on different days, neither of which was returned.

I finally lost patience, and left a message via both the chat line and email saying I wanted a refund. No response to either. So next, I sent about 5 emails demanding a refund or threatening to open a paypal dispute. That did the trick, they responded nicely via email and refunded my payment.

I understand that Seth might be a nice guy. I realize this is a tough business. But jeez, either the distributor has the records in stock, or they don't. There is simply no excuse for charging someone and then asking them to wait for months to receive their orders, with no communication regarding how long this might take, or what the reason is.

I've learned my lesson. I'm done with SSD, at least until I see solid evidence they are doing a better job of taking care of their customers.

pathguy, Dave and vinylsmokes like this.
  9. vinylsmokes

vinylsmokes Well-Known Member

You went above and beyond with your efforts before opening a dispute. In fact, I feel you were well within your rights to do so after the first non-response, given how long it was since you ordered.

In fact, I’m impress by how many people are really trying to give them the benefit of the doubt when clearly they haven’t earned it. I’ll wait a few more days before I proceed via PayPal.

Meanwhile, my turntable is scheduled to arrive today from Music Direct. I’m ready to start spending more of my time and energy on why we’re all in this crazy hobby to begin with!

pathguy likes this.
  10. Denti

Denti Forum Resident

I now see that there are three threads on SSD's problems. This is bad news and really the company should swiftly address the issues. Like, now. They're losing customers left and right.

HankM and vinylsmokes like this.
  11. pathguy

pathguy Forum Resident

Update: PayPal approved a full refund.

I hope whatever is going on at SSD is remedied and certainly wish them well.