For UK members: Beatles Anthology DVD prices

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by kipper15, Apr 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kipper15

kipper15 Forum Resident Thread Starter

UK members: you can get this in-store at MVC for £39.99, as I did last night. That's £10 off RRP and is the best in-store price I've seen. Whether or not this price is likely to change soon I couldn't say.

Just why exactly are HMV charging full RRP of £49.99 both in-store and online I wonder? I was also hoping for some sort of 'HMV Exclusive' on the set with a different box or freebie or something like that - as they've done in the past with many new Beatles releases - but not this time it seems.

Amazon UK are doing the set at £35.99, just under the £39 needed for free shipping. Play.com have it at £37.99 delivered. These are the best online prices but of course you have to wait for it to arrive - 5+ days normally in the case of Play.com.

Cheers

Kipper

2. lucifer-chops

lucifer-chops Forum Resident

The cheapest I found was at cdwow.com - £32.99 incl delivery. I have never bought from there myself, but know people who have and not heard of any problems.

I bought from amazon.co.uk - and threw in a Police SACD to bump the price above £39 to get free delivery ;) They advertised 3-5 working days for delivery - but I got a despatched e-mail on saturday and the parcel arrived monday morning :cool:

3. kipper15

kipper15 Forum Resident Thread Starter

I thought cdwow.com are importing their products from the Far East? Maybe I'm mistaken. Nice one on your Amazon order :thumbsup:

4. lucifer-chops

lucifer-chops Forum Resident

Yes I think they're based in the far east somewhere - not sure of the origins of their stock. I considered buying the Anthology DVDs from them but was put off because they advertised it as Region 0, whereas Amazon had it it as Region 2. I didn't want to end up with some dodgy grey market copy. Turned out the Amazon copy was Region 0 as well :p. I think they all are ....

5. aashton

aashton Here for the waters...

I think that would make it a Limited Edition Special Import version :D :laugh: :laugh: They sell for a premium on Tottenham Court Rd :laugh:

I think Play.com import most of their DVDs from Canadashire

All the best - Andrew

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.