Frank Marino upcoming DVD

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by calpon, Dec 29, 2016.

1. jeffbeckfan

jeffbeckfan New Member

The preview clip on youtube is of incredible quality.

2. jeffbeckfan

jeffbeckfan New Member

Has anyone heard any of the three Fank Marino Rock Candy remasters and if so are they an improvement over the BGO remasters?
    Juggernaught, Power of Rock n Roll in particular?

3. peopleareleaving

peopleareleaving Forum Resident

Thanks for posting.
    I saw Mahogany Rush in '77 @ Winterland in SF as well as at The 'Monsters of Rock' Day on The Green in '78 (?). Both times he was amazing.

Todd W. and Natvecal. like this.
  4. Natvecal.

Natvecal. JUST A LOW- FI GUY WHO LOVES A GREAT MASTERING

I don't have any FM Rockcandy cds. I have all the BGOs and they work for me. I have bought a few Rockcandy Cds of other artists( Montrose ,Zebra,off the top of my head there may be more.) and to me they are a little harsh sonic wise. So, that's why I gave a pass to the FM s they released(but,hey maybe I'm wrong). Look up what people think of the Rockcandy Remastered CDs in general to get an idea of the company's reputation before buying . I got the Montrose gold disc and it blows the Rockcandy version away is one example. I like the BGOs and if there is anything better,then I'm all ears.

5. Natvecal.

I'm green with envy as I was just getting into the live album about 78/79 a friend had that LP and I was blown away by it! I didn't see Frank until '88( I think) at a small club. Great show! Good for you !

6. kanakaris

kanakaris Forum Resident

And so another year went by...

Coricama likes this.
  7. Natvecal.

So it would seem here on ]1/3/2018 ...........and waiting..........for even a bit of news?[/QUOTE]

8. slipkid

slipkid Forum Resident

I've given up on it "long ago" (Frank song reference there).

If it ever appears then that will be a nice surprise however I'm not going to keep looking for it or even news of it etc....

Natvecal. and GodShifter like this.
  9. GodShifter

GodShifter Son of the Morning StarĀ®

I quit caring a long time ago. It hurts less that way :laugh:

kanakaris, Natvecal. and slipkid like this.
  10. warpig

warpig Forum Resident

I was there and brought 3 friends. Still have the advertisement from the show.

11. RockWizard

RockWizard Forum Resident

Another thing about that show I remember - we were outside in line, and this guy is telling my friend Frank doesn't do Hendrix anymore. He tells the guy - you mean to say the guy who swore that Jimi's spirit went into his body doesn't do Hendrix? Well, we went in, and first song - RED HOUSE. My friend looks at him and says - and what the hell is that? "Experts"......LOL

kanakaris likes this.