Frank Sinatra/On The Inside series

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Sean Keane, Nov 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sean Keane

Sean Keane Pre-Mono record collector In Memoriam Thread Starter

For any of you who have the collection or at least some of them, has anybody noticed the difference in sound quality between the tracks from September Of My years from Inside Sinatra Volume 1 and Inside September? The out-takes from the album that appear on Inside 1 are better sounding than on Inside September. Has anyone any comments?

2. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

"Inside September" has an awful low hum buzz throughout it!

I'd "LOVE" to hear the other "Inside", but I've never seen it! I would especially like to have "REAL" Sinatra/Jobim outtakes (REAL = NOT the stuff that Frank recorded for that second Reprise Jobim album that only made it to 8-track (I have all of that!), but instead the actual outtakes of the FIRST "Francis Albert Sinatra & Antonio Carlos Jobim" album!

Chris C

3. Sean Keane

Chris, I don't understand the deal with that hum. It's not present on an early Inside (1994) disc that contains It Was A Very Good Year and It Gets Lonely Early. Being this disc was pressed in 1997, maybe something happened to the tapes in the interim. The thing that's so great about these discs, except for September, is the astonishing quality. They're obviously from the full track session tapes with no monkeying around on the transferer's part.

4. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

Sean Sorry I've been traveling this past week and not on the "Hoffman" website. We really should talk in depth privately (e-mail to e-mail) in regards to these "SINATRA" Inside CD's. Feel free to e-mail me by going to my profile!

Chris C

5. Sean Keane

On The Inside

Chris, when these started to show up in 1994, a Bernie Brightman/Stash Daybreak catalogue from New York was where I found out. "You won't believe your ears!", is what the ad shouted. Hard to find now but not impossible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.