Frank Sinatra's Capitol and Reprise recordings now under one roof

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Bob F, Oct 30, 2013.

1. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

2. CBackley

CBackley Chairman of the Bored

I’m saddened by how many Reprise era tracks I still don’t have. Most of the rarities from the massive Reprise suitcase, essentially. Does anyone think there’s a realistic chance those rare tracks will be re-released someday?

3. Richard--W

Richard--W Forum Resident

MLutthans, please state your appraisal of UMe's 10" vinyl editions of Songs For Young Lovers and Swing Easy.
    How severe are the premature fadeouts? is it only a second or longer or what?

It's nice to hold these 10 inch LP's in my hands and stare at them in the shrink wrap.

CBackley likes this.
  4. MLutthans

MLutthans That's my spaghetti, Chewbacca! Staff

Whatever I thought at the time is in the threads for the albums. (I have inconvenient phone-only access to the forum right this second.)

CBackley likes this.
  5. teag

teag Forum Resident

Any additional Ume LPs on the horizon? I wonder if Only the Lonely will happen. Looks like it’s not going to be released by Capital after all.

6. Bob F

Bob F Senior Member Thread Starter

Capitol = UMe. I believe OTL may be released, since Nancy mentioned last year that more vinyl issues were on the horizon. Especially since this fall will be that album’s 60th anniversary. If it happens, I predict it will be stereo (since MFSL did a mono). We’ll see…

CBackley likes this.
  7. jtsjc1

jtsjc1 Forum Resident

Your lips to God's ear brother.

8. CBackley

That would be great! Fingers crossed. Paper cup filled.

9. teag

teag Forum Resident

Hopefully. Wasn’t it announced for the capital Anniversary series? Someone told me this series is over though.

10. Richard--W

Understood.

Anyone care to share their thoughts on the UMe / Capitol 10 inch LP's of Songs For Young Lovers and Swing Easy?

CBackley likes this.
  11. CBackley

I love them both. I have absolutely no basis for comparison because these are the only vinyl copies of those albums I own. That being said, I think they sound great. And I totally nerd out just holding those cute little records.

12. Bob F

Yes, it was on the Capitol 75th Anniversary list but didn’t make it. There are other reasons (a news story) to believe it will be released, though.

CBackley likes this.
  13. roda12

roda12 WATERTOWN FOREVER

Though not a sound expert, IMHO the Ume "Swing easy" is a world-class release! Excellent sound, correct tapes, fine silent vinyl, beautiful cover art reproduction, even the inlay cover! I couldn't hear any premature fade-outs on this one. All I can say is buy with confidence, don't think you'll regret it ever. One of my personal favorite little records!

Unfortunately, I don't have the Ume Songs for young lovers. But I will have to get this soon!

14. Richard--W

Thank you, roda12.

roda12 likes this.
  15. MLutthans

Back on my laptop.....I looked through my old posts about these two 10" reissues from a few years ago. Looks like I liked SFYL more than Swing Easy, but it looks like most of my comments (and the equally valid comments of other listeners) were pretty positive, although neither is perfect. (Better versions are out there.) "Generally well done, but flawed," I guess???

You asked specifically about the fades. Here's what I wrote about that, if it matters:
    I didn't notice the fades on my first play-through, but once I did, I permanently retired the LP.

16. paulmock

paulmock Forum Resident

Hmmm...an album for anyone in particular here? All RAISE YOUR HANDS!!!

[​IMG]

roda12, MLutthans, CBackley and 6 others like this.
  17. teag

teag Forum Resident

Is this a first pressing??

roda12, aoxomoxoa and CBackley like this.
  18. CBackley

Too much reverb.

roda12 likes this.
  19. Bob F

No coffee cup.

roda12, paulmock and CBackley like this.
  20. MLutthans

They used the wrong font on the label. Sold it off.

roda12 and aoxomoxoa like this.
  21. vzok

vzok Forum Resident

Featuring:

You Make Me Feel So Fussy
    You're Getting To Be A Problem For Me
    Anything Goes, Just Not Like That
    It Happened In Production
    Old Devil In The Detail
    Too Annoying For Words
    You Got Under My Skin
    We'll Be Together Again, For Corrections
    Pedantics From Heaven

noirbar, Steve...O, David*M and 2 others like this.
  22. paulmock

paulmock Forum Resident

Gentlemen,

May I direct your attention to my current avatar? 65 years ago today April 2, 1953 (it is already 4/2 in the world so this is current!) "The Rebirth" began at the Melrose Ave. studios of Capitol Records!!!!

The greatest comeback in show business history had began.

CELEBRATE!!!!!!:pineapple::goodie::tiphat::wiggle::shtiphat::targettiphat:

noirbar, aoxomoxoa, Bob F and 3 others like this.
  23. MLutthans

Bob F and CBackley like this.
  24. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

My mother told me to never pick your nits in public, and certainly not in writing.

"You'll never get to second base," she said, "You'll just be swingin' and missin'"

25. paulmock

paulmock Forum Resident

Every thread I could find (and how I WISH searching was more user-friendly on this site!!!! :realmad:) re: the box set was no longer accepting posts. I threw it in here where I felt it would be most appropriate of the "open" threads. If a Gort wishes to to move it to a more appropriate thread, please do so.

Smartin62, Bob F and Richard--W like this.