Frank Zappa 'cameo' on Nickelodeon's "Sam & Cat"!- WHAT??

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by vince, Jul 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law Thread Starter

Yes... please don't ask how I, a grown man, was watching this obvoiusly aimed for kids show.
    But, in the story, the girls order stuff on-line from a company called, "Zapathon"...
    Sure enough, they go to the company's headquarters, and are told to get on a 'golf-cart', and there, driving it, was a man dressed up like FRANK!!!
    Sam turns to the camera, "Monkees"-style, and says, "I don't think the kids are gonna 'get' THIS!"

Anybody else KNOW about THIS!.... was it a fever-dream.... I ask here, 'coz I wouldn't dare let it be known to anyone I know in the real world!!! Too embarrassing.

jawaka1000 likes this.
  2. If I read your post correctly I'd say the quotations in your thread tittle need to go Frank Zappa not cameo. You had me thinking Zappa pulled a Kaufman...oh wait. He did. :shake:
    Anyway...I've never seen (or heard of) the show you're talking about though, sorry. Sounds like the writers are Zappa fans, so I guess you got rewarded for watching the show. :righton:

3. danner

danner Forum Resident

Not aware of that one, but I do fondly remember his appearance on Ren & Stimpy.

[​IMG]

krock2009 likes this.
  4. His cameos on The Monkees' television show and feature film were both pretty funny as well. (Anyone looking to hijack this thread for the Beatles, note Ringo's appearance in 200 Motels.)

krock2009 likes this.
  5. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law Thread Starter

At least,someone mentioned it in the Zappa.com forum:
    He wrote:
    Well, this isn't Adventure Time, but I didn't think Sam & Cat needed their own thread. On the iCarly spin-off, they had a Amazon parody with the company being called Zapathon. When they were at the company and needed to get from one place to another, they took the Zapacart, which was driven by Frank.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sam says: "Kids are not gonna get this"

krock2009 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.