Fringe (FOX TV sci-fi/drama)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Chris R, Sep 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. konut

konut Prodigious Member. Thank you.

You'll have to examine her anus.

2. chuckgp

chuckgp Active Member

please help me

3. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

Was I sleeping or something at the end of last season?

Once of the first scenes I see are the two Olivias together chatting :wtf:

How the heck did they get together?
    I'm sure it's obvious but I certainly don't know what's going on.
    Maybe I should have re-watched last seasons final episode...it was probably repeated last week.

4. GreenDrazi

GreenDrazi Truth is beauty

That scene and his coming out of hiding in the immersion tank were the highlights of the show for me. :laugh:

5. It was in the final episode where Peter established a "bridge" between the two worlds. We did see them interact at the beginning of the episode.

6. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

I'm losing interest with this story line. I liked it better when strange stuff happened and they investigated without 2 Olivias and 2 worlds. I have to think to much rather then enjoy an hour of entertainment.

7. jukin

jukin Forum Resident

I like that the Lincoln Lee character is becoming a regular, it opens up a fresh dynamic as I think the Walter/Olivia/Peter triad had become a little predictable. Having Peter gone for a while will hopefully give a fresh impetus to the original triad when his character is again a series regular. Besides, the alternate Lincoln Lee is a pretty good character so having such a contrast between the two Lincoln's makes sense, much like the contrast between the two Olivias.

8. Sully

Sully Forum Resident

Friday's premiere was somewhat of a disappointment. Despite all that happened at last season's conclusion, they went ahead with a stand-alone episode.

9. Mike,

I actually thought it was pretty good--it seemed to me though that they are hoping to rope in new viewers or folks that have been away for awhile and that was one of the reasons for the stand-alone "element" however I think this is a new story arc for within the larger grand scheme of things for them to wrap up.

Perhaps it's related to the "First People" (even though some of the ideas for who sent the machine back in time were introduced in the final episode of season three). It did neatly tie in to the previous episodes but it's clear there was a lot that occurred between those episodes and, perhaps, they'll introduce those in later episodes as they have sometimes done in the past.

Either way, the writing was pretty good, production values top notch so here's hoping that the 4th season isn't 1) the last and 2) that the writing and inconsistencies in the plotting will be resolved in season four.

10. thegage

thegage Forum Currency Nerd

I don't quite see how you come to that conclusion. It was a direct continuation from the finale's set-up (both sides now working together), there was specific discussion about Peter, and finally his brief appearance(s?) a la Tyler Durden in Fight Club (though I did find that last bit a shameless and unimaginative rip-off). I suspect there will be more tie-in later.

John K.

11. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Interesting, because I find the show really boring when it's just strange stuff happening that they investigate and no greater story arc.

I still don't see quite where they're going this season, but I'm intrigued.

12. Sully

Sully Forum Resident

Glad you two liked it more than I did. Actually I did not dislike it, just thought the premiere episode would be more driven by the events of last season's finale. It just seemed to me they were anxious to push that away early so they could get to another storyline.

Yes, glad to see the production values still topnotch especially after reading FOX wanting to cut costs on House.

13. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

He went back to Dawson's Creek. They should look for him there.

14. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

:laugh:

That's possible because the real Dawson Creek is here in BC, where Fringe is shot.

15. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

I'm with you on this point.
    The "monster of the week" episodes don't do much for me
    I'm far more interested in the alternate universe story arc (and it doesn't hurt that Olivia is hot with red hair ;)).
    But come to think of it, this is pretty much the same pattern The X Files followed too. I'm not a writer, don't know how tough it would be to keep that single storyline going week after week.

16. etzeppy

etzeppy Forum Resident

With 22 episodes to fill, every season has a handful of X-Files style stories. But after the crazy end to last season, I didn't expect the premier to be one of those. They moved to greater story along a little, but I think the season opener should have been dedicated to the main story arc. I still liked it okay but my expectations were little too high.

17. Lyle_JP

Lyle_JP Forum Curmudgeon

I really didn't see this episode as a "stand-alone". I think it's a setup to this season, and is the first episode in a season-arc. As we saw at the end of the episode, there are more than two of these hybrid-people, there's a hint that they are of similar tech to Bell's shape-shifters, and I don't think this storyline is anywhere close to done.

18. GreenDrazi

GreenDrazi Truth is beauty

Correct. Part of the arc and setting up the storylines for the start of the season.

19. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

not much advancement this week...

20. Tony Plachy

Tony Plachy Senior Member

I am now caught up. I missed the first episode this season and had to wait for the idiotic Fox/Direct TV 8 day lock out (for those of us who do not subscribe to Direct TV :rolleyes:) to get caught up. I liked the first two episodes and I am in the camp that believes this is all part of a season long arc that will have a logical end (or at least I hope so, I do not want another Lost :hurl:). I expect Peter to be back soon and love the way he is "haunting" Walter. :laugh:

21. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Poor Walter!

I'm sort of disappointed though that we're still locked into "monster of the week" with the new wrinkle that it could be back and forth between two worlds.

I want to see what Walternate is up to, I really doubt he's upholding the peace.

Anyway, I'm along for the ride, hoping for something different on the horizon.

22. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

What's up with that 'smile-smirk' Foux-livia does all the time?

23. chuckgp

chuckgp Active Member

OT Info

I just got 'Threshold' season 1 on DVD, only have the pilot movie on tape so this is great! Also has 4 episodes that were never aired.

Noticed that Surface, Invasion, and Jericho were available.

Still waiting on John Doe but my VCR library is complete on that one.

Now back to Fringe
    personally I think Walter needs to make some more LSD. Or maybe the Bong and the Yes Album for a break

24. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

I envisioned an episode where the 'Walters' hash out their differences, but, of course, that might be a little too slow for the show.

25. chuckgp

chuckgp Active Member

'hash' out, eh?:D

That's what I was thinking.

I'm surprised and glad this show is lasting, after the way the ones I mentioned were butchered. But isn't Friday night the series killer?

If I haven't posted before, I like the new 'Unforgettable' and especially 'Person of Interest' has my interest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.