FS Ebay Jethro Tull Aqualung DCC 24K Gold CD

Discussion in 'Third Party Sales & Auctions' started by Horace Wimp, Feb 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RadioClash

RadioClash Senior Member

Forget the Tull DCC, I'm anxious to see what his Marshall Crenshaw CD goes for. :D

2. bundee1

bundee1 Forum Resident

Is this what they average for now? I think some of his bidders are up to something fishy.

3. johnny33

johnny33 New Member

Its that slip case most likely. And if were sealed? waaahooo!through da roof.

4. PaulT

PaulT Spuzzum

Final $384.99 - congrats :righton:

5. Horace Wimp

Horace Wimp The 39,891st Beatle Thread Starter

Thanks to everyone who checked it out. I'm happy to say a SH forum member won my "Living in the Past" auction :righton:

I was surprised this one sold for that much. I did start it at 99 cents! At least it really is in perfect condition.

6. musicalbeds

musicalbeds Strange but not a stranger

Only posting BIN's makes sense when the seller is not a forum member. There's only one winner in an auction, and first come first served seems fair in the case of BIN's because no one watches those...but people do watch auctions w/o BIN's and by posting it here, you're stepping on their toes.

No toes stepped on when posting BIN's...but toes stepped on when posting regular auctions.

Seems like simple math to me, and completely different from a forum member here linking us to his ebay auctions.

Congrats on getting a great price for the cd, the buyer will be very happy with the sound I'm sure.

7. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

I don't get it?

8. bresna

bresna Senior Member

What I don't get is that I have a mint, almost brand new copy with a super-rare Japanese obi that I offered up here for $350 and no one bought it. Then I see this one in a similar condition without an obi get almost $400. Amazing.

I guess I should think about going the eBay route. I haven't sold anything on eBay in long time. Too bad I can't find out who u****2 is. :laugh:

Kevin

9. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

It must be a "new simple math" because it seems like there are two sets of standards there. IMO people should complain about all non-BIN links or none. I actually feel that we should allow all links and I know I am in the minorty here.

I just agree to disagree with the majority. :hide:

10. Bertly

Bertly Senior Member

Horace Wimp's sale was a bit of a fluke. We might never see an unsealed DCC Gold Aqualung sell for this high of a price again.

11. PaulT

PaulT Spuzzum

Not necessarily Barry :righton:

12. shokhead

We should give a heads up to anything on sale on e-bay.

13. musicalbeds

Why?

There's people that take the time and search for stuff, and then they watch it, hoping for a good price.
    Someone coming along and posting it for people who aren't doing the work themselves just steps on those hard-working folks who are watching it.

Why would you wanna do that?

Posting a BIN makes sense because as soon as they're seen, they can be bought. So technically, you're not stepping on anyone's toes because no one who's working hard to find them has seen it, or they would have bought it.

Sure, by posting at BIN you're doing the work for someone else and possibly stepping on the toes of someone who "might have" found it and bought it...but it sure isn't the same ballpark as stepping on the toes of someone who's actually found it, and watching it.

I hope that clarifys things...I find it difficult to believe you don't see it that way.

It all comes down to...what do you hope to accomplish by posting a link here?

I say, we do it make someone here happy, give them a good deal. That's kind and noble.

But to help someone at someone else's expense who's watching it...that seems counterproductive...especially since, there can ONLY be one winner of the auction, but there can be lots of people watching getting pissed off.

It's simple math.

Hence BIN's being the only links that should be posted here, unless the seller is posting a link to his auctions.

YMMV, but if so, you're a fan of pleasing one person who isn't searching for something actively, while pissing off multiple people who are trying to help themselves....and there's no logic in that.

14. musicalbeds

And I can say that conclusively, because if that person is actively searching for it...why do they need you to link it?

From this very thread we have proven exposure here drives the price up on auctions....so why link it if you know they're actively looking? And if they're not...why help them when it screws up those who are actively looking?

If you know someone is looking for something and you find it on ebay...don't post it here, pm them with the link.

It comes down to...what are you trying to accomplish by posting it here?

15. I am with you here!:wave:

16. johnny33

johnny33 New Member

yer bein' trolled dude ;)

17. shokhead

If i see a nice deal for a cd on e-bay i'll post here so others can bid, not everyone finds everything when they go to e-bay. I watch tons of stuff that i'm not bidding on. Because a cd has 10 watchers doesn't mean any of them are bidding.
    This stuff is suppose to be a bit fun instead of cut-throat.

18. dbz

dbz Bolinhead.

Fun is having sex on a beach with a stripper and her buddies. When it comes to some of the HIGH prices we are talking about. i.e. MONEY it ain't so much fun, it's more like life & death. People are dropping $500 to $1000 just for some floyd japan pressing..this is getting more like Las Vegas than a bit of fun playing pool with your mates.

Good Post Dave and I'm with you :wave: Perhaps it would be worth asking the Gorts for some sort of ruling on this one?

I agree with Dave-BINs are fine, Your own auction's fine...but someone else's auction???? :shake: :shake: :shake:

19. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

Put up a Mint 35DP-4 and I guarantee that there'll be high dollars spent on the CD no matter if it's posted here or not. It's the same with other collectables as well. I'd like to pay $19.00 for a DCC Aqualung, but it's not gonna happen. I maintain that the collectables will be sought out and bought at a high price whether they're posted here or not.

20. dbz

dbz Bolinhead.

Absolutely agree Rick, BUT -didn't you yourself miss some 35DP-4s which went "cheap" the last week? Now if I had posted those auctions here-they would not have been "cheap" they would have become VERY EXPENSIVE.

But thats as dave says-those who are searching for this stuff already have it covered. What you wouldn't want is for there to be another 4 or 5 seriously high bidders (who have seriously high amounts of money :agree: ) to start bidding against you just because someone posted a link to the 35DP-4 on the forums. How would you feel if you were bidding against Football stars, movie stars and internet billionaires who themselves couldn't be bothered to seach these things on ebay..but just happened across a posting here, alerting them to an auction. I suspect that the answer would be that you would never be able to afford another japan 1st press ever again.

Its not necessarily the Highest bidder who does the damage...its the mid point bidders who casually bump the price up to double the normal amount (probably knowing they won't win with 2 days to go) and then let those serious bidders go in the final dying seconds....the result is a CD bought for double the normal market price (see this Aqualung sale-one question WHY?)

21. shokhead

To much crying :agree: over e-bay so lets not post ANYTHING FS on E-BAY! I say nothing or anything but that's just me.:uhhuh:

22. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

I agree too. I like it wheen people post links here, saves me from having to waste all the time searching.

23. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

Boy, I hope by "buddies" you mean gal pals, 'cause "buddies" sounds awkwardly masculine. :sigh:

:laugh:

24. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

I was never able to see the disc or the description, Darren. I may or may not have bid on it. I go for the Mint or M- stuff. There have been several CDs I've passed on because I don't want scratched or "questionable" (the seller didn't know what he had).

I lost one to a dealer. My point is that everyone has their price. If it's pointed out here, it'll probably go higher, but if someone is willing to pay for it, why not post it? :confused:

I understand your point, but I bought a CD for close to what I paid for another even though the second wasn't posted here. I've always been for the "Post BIN's only" philosophy, which was always the case. If I want a certain CD, I can search for it. They seem to be going for more money though. And it probably is either people who know they won't be buying it pushing it up, or shill bidding. I hope they get stuck with a payment they can't make though. :laugh:

25. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

This is where the "math" does not add up IMO. Why then do you want to allow a forum member to post auctions if one is already "doing the work" to look for a certain item?? Seems like allowing forum members to post auctions is not doing these "workers" any favours at all. If people are doing the work they should find these auctions on their own by "favourite searches". Putting the links here just brings many more potential heavy-hitters into the mix.

:hide: Back to my igloo!! :hide:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.