Fun Weekend Project (Denon DP-500M Turntable modified to receive a Jelco SA750D tonearm)*

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Hendertuckie, Jul 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hendertuckie

Hendertuckie Forum Resident Thread Starter

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The above photos show a Denon DP-500M Direct Drive Turntable that I modified to receive a Jelco SA750D tonearm. The stock tonearm was not bad and functioned nicely I thought it was cheap looking.

2. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

No pictures are showing up.

3. Davey

Davey NP: Hania Rani ~ Ghosts (2023 LP)

Yea, I think you need to just share the pictures individually, not the page ... cool project, they are pretty nice looking tables, though nothing like the old vintage Denon Japanese tables in build quality, but still pretty good for the price ...

Code:
    [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4305/35137991953_7482ba2ee8_z.jpg[/img]
    [​IMG]

PhilBiker and bluemooze like this.
  4. Hendertuckie

Sorry, some things I still need to learn, posting pictures is one. The picture above shows the completed job. Basically. I put a square block into a round hole. I'm pretty happy the way it turn out.

5. Davey

Davey NP: Hania Rani ~ Ghosts (2023 LP)

Yea, it looks like a nice job. Back in the days when Denon actually made turntables, they had some pretty nice tonearms too, some at least at that Jelco level in quality. Not so much now in the Hanpin days, but you've now probably got a one-of-a-kind table, and far better than stock, nicely done :)

Here's a few more of your pictures ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
  6. Hendertuckie

Thank you Davy for fixing what I screwed up. The project came out better than expected. The Denon now keeps up with my other TT, a SL-1210MKII w/Jelco 750 arm. The 1210 has a DL-103r and the Denon uses a AT-150MLX.

I bought the Denon based on name and looks alone, I knew very little about where it came from. After reading that China/Hanpin appeared to the point of origin, I started to think about a change.

7. timind

timind phorum rezident

Very clean job, it looks beautiful.

8. PhilBiker

PhilBiker sh.tv member number 666

Excellent work - the direct drive mechanism is the strong point on the higher end Hanpin OEMed tables from my understanding - replacing the arm probably makes that a formidable machine. And beautiful to boot.

9. Ninja Bomber

Ninja Bomber Forum Resident

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.