Future Rolling Stones From The Vault releases

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by John Fell, Nov 29, 2015.

1. bobcat

bobcat Forum Resident

Why would it be "bottom-of-the-barrel"?

What an unbelievably loaded comparison!

2. WonkyWilly

WonkyWilly Forum Resident

I can't answer that, but there is a brand new 3-CD boot called "Outtakes & Alternates 1963-1979" that is master tape quality all the way through and will be really hard to beat.

3. aphexj

aphexj Sound mind & body

I'll ask it again, because the question still stands. After the Got Live remastered CD/SACD, the BBC/soundboard broadcast public domain CD and vinyl releases, the GRRR! IBC demos, the Charlie Is My Darling video and soundtrack releases (Blu Ray, DVD, CD, vinyl, download, streaming), the Ed Sullivan performance DVDs, the RnR Circus VHS/DVD/CD, the YaYas deluxe CD/DVD/vinyl, the Sticky Fingers SuperDeluxeEdition, the Marquee Club Blu Ray/DVD/CD/vinyl, the Stones in the Park '69 DVD/Blu Ray, the Brussels Affair download/deluxe box with vinyl/CD/book/wristwatch, the Ladies and Gentlemen deluxe film cel and scarf box (and separate DVD, Blu Ray, CD, streaming releases)........... WHAT is left to come out from this era of the band that's of any quality? Apart from unfinished studio outtakes and audience recordings.

4. WonkyWilly

There are tons of *finished* studio outtakes from the 60's sitting in the vault, as well as their BBC sessions which are still MIA.

The Stones didn't record like the Beatles. Beatles outtakes are generally half-ass and unfinished. Not so much with the Stones.

GetRhythm, Matthew Tate, Sean and 3 others like this.
  5. aphexj

aphexj Sound mind & body

Like I say I'm open to them releasing more if they feel it's appropriate but it's tough to say what, if anything, will match up to what we've already heard

6. WonkyWilly

There are quite a few tracks from the 60's that have never been bootlegged at all, so there's probably some surprises there. And some of the outtakes that we have already heard on bootlegs are quite good.

7. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor Thread Starter

Possibly complete shows from 1969 recorded for Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out and Gimme Shelter movie. Possibly complete shows recorded for Ladies and Gentlemen The Rolling Stones. Philadelphia and Pittsburgh 1972 soundboards exist on bootleg. Roundhouse 1971 complete. Possible complete shows from Wembley 1973 recorded for radio broadcasts. Partial shows exist on bootlegs. Paris Olympia Broadcasts 1965-67 and Honolulu 1966 exist on bootlegs.

8. vudicus

vudicus Forum Resident

If we're talking audio releases...

At least 6 1969 shows were recorded professionally none of which have been released in full...
    Baltimore, 3x MSG, Florida & Altamont.

We've had a few tracks from the 2 1971 Roundhouse shows, but neither in full. Possibly more shows were recorded too...

At least 7 1972 shows were professionally recorded, none of which we've had in full...
    2x Fort Worth, 2x Houston, 3x Philadelphia.

At least 7 shows were professionally recorded, none of which have been released in full...
    3x London, Newcastle, Rotterdam, 2x Brussels.

Plenty more MSG '69 and Altamont Footage still exists and possibly outtakes from Ladies & Gentlemen.

Whilst it's doubtful this stuff will be released, it is something that could happen.

9. Purple Jim

Purple Jim Senior Member

Has anyone compared the new "Ladies & Gentlemen" CD to the bootleg "You Can't Do That Baby"?

bobcat likes this.
  10. four sticks

four sticks Senior Member

I'd be thrilled if any of these were released via the Vault series.

bobcat likes this.
  11. Daniel Falaschi

Daniel Falaschi Live detective

Yeah, as long as they were filmed too. The From the Vault series is a special deal with Eagle to release video mostly.

12. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

I'd buy any of these, especially the 1973 shows..

13. BB on Mars

BB on Mars Forum Resident

I probably missed it here(with 54 pages on this thread) but I really love the 1978 tour. I know they released Some Girls in Texas cd/DVD which I love but I would love if they release the Memphis show that was played on the King Biscuit...I love the versions of Brown Sugar & Shattered on that one plus they did Hound Dog

14. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

I want more from '72; an audio box set would do the trick.

15. KinkySmallFace1991

KinkySmallFace1991 Will you come back to me, Sweet Lady Genevieve?

Remember, they may have the same problem that The Who had while Kids Are Alright was being restored: a lot of the footage may have suffered from film deterioration over the years.

16. Bonddm

Bonddm Forum Resident

Forget about the video content that a lot of us rarely watch; just give us both Brussels shows on CD!

17. California Couple

California Couple dislike us on facebook

Youtube used to have the audio of just the Stones whole concert. Once the Hunter was killed the evil dissipated and they played on without stopping.

They do have an all bands long version still up:

Exile On My Street and vudicus like this.
  18. bobcat

bobcat Forum Resident

Really it wouldn't be that difficult since one of the concerts has been released in Japan as part of a set.

Why can't they release it as a standalone?

19. California Couple

California Couple dislike us on facebook

and don't forget the burro:

Live'r Than You'll Ever Be.
    The bootleg Stones album, made up of performances from the second show at the Oakland Coliseum.

00:00 Intro
    00:51 Jumping Jack Flash
    04:48 Carol
    08:30 Sympathy For The Devil
    14:53 Stray Cat Blues
    19:10 Prodigal Son
    23:03 You Gotta Move
    26:13 Love In Vain
    31:37 I'm Free
    37:01 Under My Thumb
    40:24 Midnight Rambler
    48:05 Live With Me
    51:22 Gimme Shelter
    55:59 Little Queenie
    1:00:12 Satisfaction
    1:06:13 Honky Tonk Women
    1:10:11 Street Fighting Man

20. bobcat

bobcat Forum Resident

Doesnt Ya Yas, particularly the deluxe version, make that a bit redundant?

21. vudicus

vudicus Forum Resident

I think to date 3 different audience tapes are in circulation.
    They are all fascinating as you can hear a lot of the audience reaction to the violence.

22. Roland Stone

Roland Stone Offending Member

They did recently release the standalone CDs to a couple concert films, so there's hope.

Bonddm, calgary669 and bobcat like this.
  23. Six Bachelors

Six Bachelors Troublemaking enthusiast

No way! Very different feeling in the music early in the tour!

stef1205, TonyCzar and Mark Wilson like this.
  24. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

Plus it would be great to have a raw, unedited, undubbed show.

25. aphexj

aphexj Sound mind & body

Uhm, from what band?