Future Rolling Stones From The Vault releases

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by John Fell, Nov 29, 2015.

1. MerseyBeatle

MerseyBeatle Martha my dear (1995-2012)

Matthew Tate likes this.
  2. TonyCzar

TonyCzar Forum Resident

Cancelled my order. The "Region B/2 Warning" popped up on my Blu-Ray pre-order (Amazon USA), and I can't be bothered until they figure it out. The warning was there before, but not on the particular config I ordered (or thought I was ordering, I guess).

3. PageLesPaul

PageLesPaul To be a rock and not to roll...

There are two CD/Blu Ray editions listed on Amazon. One does not have the Region 2 warning which is listed for $25.00.

4. TonyCzar

TonyCzar Forum Resident

I see that now. Thanks. I'm gonna wishlist it and see what happens. [Edit: I see that it says "Audio CD" until you put it in your wishlist. Then it automagically becomes [Blu-Ray/2CD]]

And I just clicked what I earlier cancelled, and it is now "Not currently available" (no price) and Region B2. Wait and see, I guess.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  5. Dee Zee

Dee Zee Once Upon a Dream

Is the blu-ray of No Security 99 actually a video of the show? I caught this show that year.

MRamble likes this.
  6. TonyCzar

TonyCzar Forum Resident

The packaging says "SD Blu-Ray", so if it was an audio-only Blu-Ray release, specifying SD makes no sense.

FWIW, I clicked on all the links from the Stones' direct e-mail, and am no less confused. Clicking "Blu Ray" takes you to the title Amazon warns is Region B/2. Clicking "DVD+2CD" takes you to a title Amazon insists is "Audio CD", and has track listing for two discs (and then says in the item description: "Number of discs: 1").

"Digital" takes you to iTunes, which isn't confusing, but also isn't anything I'm buying.

They must really not want to pre-sell these.

7. Dee Zee

Dee Zee Once Upon a Dream

8. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Curveboy likes this.
  9. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor Thread Starter

This was just posted over at IORR. I am not sure how good the source is for this as I am not familiar with the person that posted this on Facebook.

It looks as though Rolling Stones fans have several archival releases coming their way. According to various fan reports, 50th anniversary sets of the band’s all-star Rock And Roll Circus projects, along with their watershed 1968 comeback album, Beggars Banquet, are set for special reissues.

A message tipping fans off on the unofficial Facebook page “Stoned – Celebrating Everything About The Rolling Stones” read: “This September we should see the beginning of three releases by ABKCO of Rolling Stones projects. There will be a 50th Anniversary release of the album Beggars Banquet, which I don’t know all the details of. The Rolling Stones Rock N’ Roll Circus has been remastered for Blu-ray (maybe 4k as well), and the (in-studio documentary) movie One Plus One will be released on Blu-ray as well and a possible theatrical release in 3D. There might be bonus material for all three projects but I don’t have any definitive answers yet.” There’s been no official word regarding any 50th anniversary releases.

Back in 1968, Mick Jagger appeared in the rock documentary Popcorn: An Audio Visual Thing, which was released the following year and featured him talking about the Stones’ then-recent Beggars Banquet sessions. He was asked if the band was recording the type of music they themselves wanted to hear: “Is my — is the Stones music? Mmm, I quite enjoy listening to it, but there’s only just one facet of what we like to do. The album that we’ve just done is just one kind of thing. I don’t want to do that at all, y’know, I don’t think I want to do that kind of thing any more.”

This was also posted below the Facebook post.

I don't have specific details yet as to whether there will be bonus material, but I guess the 'Circus' and 'One Plus One' will have the same material as the original films. I should get more details soon. I gave ABKCO a lot of original magazine articles about all three releases but they told me they might only use one article for the 'Circus'. Once I speak to them again I willl try to get more specific details about each release. I think ABKCO were contemplating a 'Circus' box set.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
  10. TonyCzar

TonyCzar Forum Resident

Yeah, there's one for $24.01.

There's one for $25.

The descriptions are all over the place. They change when you wish list them.

I give up.

And... WTF? Okay, now there's a standalone DVD for $17.99 available a week later than all the others:

https://www.amazon.com/Vaults-Secur..._rd_t=40701&psc=1&refRID=D89BV1JBQK3D00TGWJ5W

Wishlist 'em all and let God sort it out.

11. TonyCzar

TonyCzar Forum Resident

But it does say "Number of discs: 1"

EagleVision seems busy to the point of being overwhelmed. I guess that's a good thing.

I've wishlisted every version but the vinyl, so we'll see what happens next month. If all else fails, I still have a dub of a VHS boot of one of the Philly '99 shows somewhere around here...

12. TonyCzar

TonyCzar Forum Resident

Indeed it does not.

And the B/2 warning no longer is on the mysterious offered-then-not-offered-now-offered-again $90 Blu-Ray. That item is now:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CXZ9FG...olid=1C98ACJE4HLWM&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

which says "All Regions", does not say "SD Blu-Ray", and it seems to be an import from Universal Japan.

So maybe Universal Japan has scored another world exclusive...

13. TheLoveDrags

TheLoveDrags Forum Resident

I'd like to get excited about this but after last year's 50th Deluxe of "Satanic..." I just can't...

14. John Fell

If there isn't any unreleased material, I'm probably out on this.

15. Bubba Zanetti

Bubba Zanetti Forum Resident

What's left in the can from the Beggar's sessions?

16. Jack

Jack Senior Member

Amazon Japan shipped my No Security BR/cd yesterday, arrives tomorrow, the 5th. Fast.

17. John Fell

The Rolling Stones supposedly rehearsed these blues tracks for the Rock 'N' Roll Circus. I don't know if they would be included on a anniversary release.

- Route 66 (Bobby Troup) -unverified
    - Confessin' The Blues (Walter Brown/Jay McShann) -unverified
    - Look On Yonder Wall (James Clark) -unverified
    - Walkin’ Blues (Robert Johnson) -unverified

supermd, Sean, Hep Alien and 3 others like this.
  18. John Fell

Mostly alternate takes other than tracks that have already been bootlegged. Some of it like Family for example was already released on Metamorphosis.

Stuff like:

Blood Red Wine
    Did Everybody Pay Their Dues (Early version of Street Fighting Man)
    Give Me A Hamburger To Go AKA Stuck Out All Alone
    Still A Fool

It would be a good place to release the alternate promo video version of Jumpin' Jack Flash.

They supposedly rehearsed some covers like Rock My Baby, Hold On, I'm Comin, River Deep, Mountain High and My Home Is A Prison at the early Jumpin' Jack Flash/Child of the Moon sessions.

Sean, Hep Alien, Rob Hughes and 6 others like this.
  19. This will never happen, but one of the coolest releases ever would be to have all the extant footage that exists of the "Sympathy" sessions shown in One Plus One re-edited together in sequence independently of Godard's film. I'd buy that in a heartbeat...

supermd, Sean, Dave Hoos and 4 others like this.
  20. ohnothimagen

ohnothimagen "Live music is better!"

Indeed, a Deluxe Beggars Banquet would be a nice set, if they did it up right, which they probably wouldn't..."Still A Fool" and "Hamburger To Go" aren't bad for what they are.

Sean, Hep Alien and Matthew Tate like this.
  21. ohnothimagen

ohnothimagen "Live music is better!"

22. KinkySmallFace1991

KinkySmallFace1991 Will you come back to me, Sweet Lady Genevieve?

I'm pretty content with the mono version of the album from the DSD masters of the Mono box.

Oh, didn't I tell you all? I ended up getting the DSD masters of the mono box from AcousticSounds when it was on sale. Sounds better than the CDs from the box, easier on the ears and less clipped.

Dave Hoos and TonyCzar like this.
  23. crossroads69

crossroads69 Senior Member

September isn’t far and so if true, there should be some announcements coming in next few weeks. Beggars is my favorite Stones LP and I am quite happy with the sound of the current DSD remaster. Hoping Abkco can find more studio outtakes material in the vault to include.

I’ll probably pick up the R&R Circus Bluray, the Dirty Mac section is one of my favorite 60s rock live moments!

24. John Fell

Most likely they won't make an announcement for a bit since the San Jose From The Vault release hasn't been released yet.

I wonder if they will add additional material from some of the other bands. I believe there is a bootleg that has some additional material.

25. crossroads69

crossroads69 Senior Member

Yup, but should get out of the way in couple of weeks. Perhaps something around month end?