FX gets new Charlie Sheen comedy "Anger Management"

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by soundboy, Oct 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heatherly

heatherly Well-Known Member

I can relate. I've watched every episode and have for the most part, felt underwhelmed. Charlie and that hot broad that plays his patient have made me stick around. Brian Posehn is one of my favorite comics and he's written the best shows so far, but even that's not saying much.

I hope the renewal will at least allow the writers to develop the characters and come up with better plots.

Check your facts again, smart guy. That figure is plenty for a network of FX's stature. Remember this whole show was conceived with syndication in mind, not to rival DWTS ratings.

2. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident

Mostly every show on there is ultra violent or hide the body.
    or you get a show like Brand x:laugh::laugh::thumbsdn:
    The seven deadly sins:shh:

3. D Schnozzman

D Schnozzman Forum Resident

I haven't seen the show, so I have no opinion.
    However, this concise review in the Sydney Morning Herald this week tickled my funny bone.

[​IMG]

chilinvilin, bababooey and Vidiot like this.
  4. Larry Mc

Larry Mc Forum Dude

You do realize that you've made a fool of yourself???
    How can you demonize a show you've never seen??:laugh:

5. Larry Mc

Larry Mc Forum Dude

I've seen two episodes and they were good. I like the chick from "Becker" and some of the groups are a hoot.

6. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

Glad you pointed it out Larry. I was gonna say something similar after the first post. then the second... I can see someone not liking an actor or person, there are actors, musicians, bands, etc. that I don't like. But I just don't click on the thread. To post about something you've never even seen just makes no sense to me.

Also enjoy the actress that was on Becker. I was one of the few, it seems, who enjoyed that show. But she was the eye candy, and of course is a very good actress from what I've seen on Anger Management.

The group is the best part of the show most of the time. I like the scenes with Sheen and the other therapist as well. She's another hot one that was a known good actress before this show.

7. Larry Mc

Larry Mc Forum Dude

My wife and I enjoyed "Becker" very much and we were sad to see it end.
    It changed a bit when Regie left, but in time, I got used to it.
    I was pleasantly surprised when I saw "Anger Management" the first time, it was funny, well acted, Charlie seemed like his old self.

8. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

I enjoyed the jabs at Chuck Lorre. There was a joke about the bowling shirt that Sheen hated. That was funny, and the other not really so subtle jabs at him were funny for those who knew 2.5 men. I was glad to hear of the new chunk of shows ordered too.

chilinvilin likes this.
  9. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

Charlie sucks for dumping Selma !

10. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

I have not seen this one yet. But, I really don't get the appeal of Selma Blair. At least she looks better than a few years ago when she appeared anorexic but still.

I would rather get talked down to by Lacey played by Noreen DeWulf.
    [​IMG]

heatherly likes this.
  11. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

12. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

Oh, that is what Scope J was referring to. I was wondering because they were still together at the end of the last episode.

I agree firing her via text is rather cold. But, it's not all bad for her as she still gets paid her contract to do nothing.

heatherly likes this.
  13. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

It's still a career embarrassment, both for her and for Charlie Sheen. His reputation of being a difficult, over-the-top A-hole is not going away. And yet... I know crewmembers on 2-1/2 Men who insist that Sheen was generally very nice on the set, and that all the fights were behind closed doors in Chuck Lorre's office.

14. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

Boy , this latest episode really sucked !

imho

15. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

New eps comin' ?

Bring back Michael !

16. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

17. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

Good to Michael back !

chilinvilin likes this.
  18. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

Finale was ok , kinda
    sorry to see it go

19. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident

Charlie said ; I am proud what we accomplished;?:crazy:
    A vapid lack any creativity caving into lowest demographic. just plain awful.
    Screw your kids teacher so your kid gets a A+ in class.:sigh:

20. Monosterio

Monosterio Forum Resident

A terrible show with some very hot actresses. I watch it all the time in syndication.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.