FX's The Strain

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by lbangs, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

..and I though Lindelof was the 'daddy-hater' of "LOST"!!!
    At least no one blew-up a city in "The Leftovers"!!

2. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

I could barely watch the final episodes last season. :cheers:

Scope J likes this.
  3. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

One of the worst finales ever !

4. Bobby Buckshot

Bobby Buckshot Heavy on the grease please

Finale was pretty surprising. Kid blew up a city for spite...I don't know what to think. Definitely one of the worst television characters in the history of the medium.

Other than that, I enjoyed it. Some nice action sequences. I love how a tug boat was an essential part of the plan. Too bad they couldn't get to it.

5. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Zac needs to die slowly and painfully.

6. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

He was ok with his mom tonguing people and trying to with his dad but the minute his dad defends himself and kills her he nukes the place. Yep, a slow and painful death.

7. Bobby Buckshot

The reddit thread on this kid is hilarious.

8. EddieVanHalen

EddieVanHalen Forum Resident

Al the time I was watching the season's end I was saying "no way, no way, no way" and laughing. Was it supossed to make one feel right the opposite?

9. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

Are the books just as bad ?

10. Bobby Buckshot

Wish I could tell you. They're always checked out at the library and I'm not interested in buying them.

11. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

I hate the 'jump the shark' saying but good lord the shark was jumped at the end of the last episode.

12. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Yeah. On top of the kid blowing up New York because he's a flaming pile of s**t, we had the screw loose decision by the good guys to not provide any serious sort of closure for the coffin. When I saw them put The Master in that coffin, the very first thing I thought was: What? No chains around the coffin to ensure it doesn't accidentally open?

EVOLVIST likes this.
  13. Bobby Buckshot

No doubt. Also thought they'd mortally wound his latest host before putting him in.

14. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

I thought about that latter, as well. But I guess since killing the host unleashes the worm, there was the risk that if they'd taken the time to kill the host, the worm would slither out in the process...(Too much thinking about what's basically popcorn entertainment...)

Bobby Buckshot likes this.
  15. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Synopsis of what's ahead for Season 4 (no big spoilers, but I'll hide it in spoiler tags for those who don't want to know anything):

The official synopsis is as follows:

As the fourth and final season begins, nine months have passed. The world has fallen into darkness, and the strigoi are in control. The explosion at the end of season three triggered a global nuclear apocalypse. The resulting nuclear winter liberated the strigoi, allowing them to move about during daytime, and allowing the Master to establish a totalitarian regime. Preying on the fears of the populace, the Master and his minions have created an unsettling alliance in “The Partnership.” The majority of humans are now working for the strigoi, operating with a single understanding — collaborate or die. With the world in disarray and our heroes disbanded, each of them will have to overcome personal hardship and defy death for even the smallest chance at fighting back… All the while, the Master reigns supreme, furthering his scheme for the end of the world as we know it. In the face of annihilation…do our heroes have what it takes to save humankind?

Bobby Buckshot and EVOLVIST like this.
  16. Yeah, I started to read the spoiler, but stopped right when they started going on about more than just the setting. I have to say, I'm really looking forward to the coming season. The trailers look amazing. The Strain is popcorn TV at its very best.

I'm also really looking forward to 2nd season of Preacher.

DLD likes this.
  17. DLD

DLD Senior Member

Yes to both. I think The Sttrain has gotten better every year tho last season will be hard to top.

18. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

i'm definitely ready for this completely stupid show to come back and then bow out. i for one am glad they've shifted the tone from the serious nature of the first season to almost total ridiculousness now.

19. It's kind of a logical development especially given what Zack, Eph's son did. A dark, dark series at this stage. I'm looking forward to this bright optimistic series on TV this summer! ;)

20. Zack was in a pretty darn and painful place at the time. His mother was turned, he was tossed into a world that he didn't make an manipulated. Interestingly, the conclusion of "Gotham" was kind of the same. Maybe Zack and Bruce need to get together.

21. Well, the first episode of the last season just aired. I thought they might start with a bang, but it was a little slow.

I liked the way they continue to bounce back and forth between what the principle players are doing, though. This show has always done a good job at that.

***Spoilers***

Zac is just as obnoxious and clueless as always. He pretty much hobbled the United States, and he gets to play air guitar, and carry an automatic rifle.

Meanwhile, Fet is still getting laid. Dr. Goodweather is the only survivor of an exploding bus, while the guy who set the explosion gets injured more than he does - and Eph was inside the bus!

Lucky script.

22. Shoot I missed it but I did get the nice summary so you m ok.

23. Ummm...Episode 2...slightly better than Episode 1...but man, so far (it might be too early to tell), this feels like a let's-hurry-up-and-wrap-this-up kind of season. So many characters, so many threads, and they are splintered into different group and locations around the country, this could be a real mess if they're not careful.

24. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

So, Games of Thrones-esque? :)

25. Larry Mc

Larry Mc Forum Dude

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.