FX's The Strain

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by lbangs, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobby Buckshot

Bobby Buckshot Heavy on the grease please

Is that number with or without commercials I wonder? Most of the recent episodes have been that long but have included commercials. Makes me think 1 hr slot with a little overrun.

2. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

As shown so commercials.

3. Bobby Buckshot

Basically a normal episode then. Hope they move quick then. Let's do this thing.

4. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Decent--if somewhat predictable--end to the series, and a very decent season overall.

5. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

Yup....
    nicely wrapped-up.
    I'm glad it's over.

6. Bobby Buckshot

Eh...I thought they'd top the Setrakian/Eichhorst showdown episode a couple of weeks ago but I don't think it did. That was the best episode of the season by far. It overcame it's limitations b/c of the relationship between the characters. Maybe that's why the finale was disappointing for me. The conflict between the Master and Quinlan really fizzled and then you're left with the two worst characters of the bunch.

Oh well...Anyone catch this?:

EVOLVIST and kwadguy like this.
  7. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Hadn't seen that...cute...

8. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

And then there's this...

EVOLVIST and Bobby Buckshot like this.
  9. In a way I kind of miss this show. It was so '80s in its schlock, only filmed through better cameras and with the benefit of hindsight. It was good.

Now, most children Zac's age only get to detonate one nuke in their life. Zac got his Zac on with a two-fer. Lucky kid.

I'm reminded of Norman Mailer, who used the euphemism "fug" to replace a certain four-letter word in The Naked and the Dead (1948). Maybe Zac has provided a lasting euphemism of his own, as in, "That was Zacking horrible," or, "I can't believe that Zac stole my car and then ran off with my Zacking woman!"

Long live The Strain!

Bobby Buckshot likes this.
  10. Bobby Buckshot

Have caught some Season 3 re-runs they've been airing and those are better than I remembered.

11. EddieVanHalen

EddieVanHalen Forum Resident

Lucky, kid or not, for having the chance of detonating a nuclear head? Gotta be kidding, they shouldn't exist in the first places. Those things kill people, animals and plants, and leave soil wasted for many may years.

12. Bobby Buckshot

Yeah, I think @EVOLVIST was being sarcastic there.

But your point is noted b/c I think this is one of the failures of the epilogue. Fet talks about how slowly the sunlight started coming back - well, wouldn't it have done that anyway with the Master still around? All the nukes of the world had supposedly already been used up, so he would have been in a bit of a pickle had he lived on right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.