FYI...POPMARKET discount code

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by stoneknuckle, Aug 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stoneknuckle

stoneknuckle Forum Resident Thread Starter

Hey guys,I noticed that POPMARKET on Facebook mentioned that the discount code POPMARKET10 was active for 10% off...but on a whim I tried POPMARKET15 and it worked for a 15% discount. I just ordered the Clash 5 LP bundle of the 2013 remasters for $76.49 after discount with free shipping and tax free...you are welcome.:righton:

lightbulb, econalan, Mr. H and 2 others like this.
  2. Tone_Boss

Tone_Boss Forum Resident

Awesome, just ordered some Miles. :tiphat:

3. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

Thanks!

4. Ash76

Ash76 Wait actually yeah no

Popmarket used to be good with free shipping to Australia. Now the shipping is exorbitant and makes Popmarket no longer cost effect for us Aussies!

Imagine70 and gregk72 like this.
  5. gregk72

gregk72 Forum Resident

Same is true for Canada. Not a good option for vinyl.

Imagine70 likes this.
  6. fitzrik

fitzrik Forum Resident

Same for Ireland(and I presume Europe)

Not to mention that the Euro prices always equate to more than the Dollar prices and you also get stuck for customs/duties on top.

No longer worth looking at for me.

Imagine70 likes this.
  7. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

Yep, same goes for Finland or actually to any European countries.
    Sometimes Popmarket still offers some nice discount-prices but the actual shipping is so high (closer to outrageous) that dont actually need to order much anything anymore.
    I wonder why they left the free shipping away as the converted price (from dollar to euro for example) is already higher than original dollar price with correct currency should be?

I think I will stop looking for any Popmarket deals and forget them truly from now on unless they have some special unique release on sale thats nowhere else to be found at all.
    I have been ordering lately mostly from EU-area shops, like Amazon as they have such good prices but also now offer really good packaging also on vinyl (and boxsets) and they simply have the best customer-service.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2014
    fitzrik and SirAngus like this.
  8. buzzlulu

buzzlulu Forum Resident

Been on the fence for a long time about these remasters (I have first press UK's and bought the hi res of these now 2013's) however it is tempting at this price.

I will have to do some forum sleuthing. I seem to remember that the US represses were not as good as the two Euro ones (US pressing plant quality control)

9. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

Are you talking about The Clash vinyl reissues from 2013?

Few weeks ago as I was ordering some good vinyl from various places, I checked on how much the individual releases or boxset costs from various record-stores.
    I have been looking for that vinyl boxset for while (since I already have "London Calling" 2013 vinyl and also the big "Sound System" boxset) and found that Amazon Italy had good price on it.
    I ordered the 5 album vinyl box for 79€ (which is roughly $104) and aswell few other vinyl. That price might sound good but as I checked from couple Amazon price-trackers it seems, that the boxset haven't had that low price in any Amazon within Europe. And some shops in Finland for example are asking for atleast double the price anyways. Also, with Popmarket added shipping the price would have been even higher.
    I should receive the order early next week, most likely on tuesday according to the order tracking-number and details.

EDIT: I just checked, and Popmarket deal for 5 Clash albums on vinyl (deal price 68.99€)+postage (36.99€) is around 105.98€ total. I suppose Popmarket's normal price for the set is 114.98€ when the deal ends.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2014
  10. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

The shipping costs are indeed way too high for a package to Europe (holland) and you have to worry about customs. So I don't order anymore from them.

Imagine70 likes this.
  11. vonwegen

vonwegen Forum Resident

Thanks! Just ordered the Clash box. Too bad the MoFi Elvis Costello bundle was only for 6 hours...

12. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

Yep, indeed.
    Kyuss reissue bundle on vinyl (4 albums) has the price 61.99€ which is good but guess what..the shipping is 53.99€ more to the price (plus also customs might be interested about this).

Imagine70 likes this.
  13. jimod99

jimod99 Daddy or chips?

The box was never issued in the US, it was only individual releases, all the boxes were pressed by Music On Vinyl in The Netherlands.

14. BRush

BRush Senior Member

15. buzzlulu

buzzlulu Forum Resident

Thanks. Just had another look at the Popmarket deal. It appears that these are NOT from the box set as there is no box pictured. These must be the individual US represses simply bundled together.
    Many seem to prefer the European box set - either version.

16. jimod99

jimod99 Daddy or chips?

There only is one European version, the "Sony Polands" were for the UK only, and pressed by MOV, in fact the albums carry MOV cat nos in the dead wax, this is the box I have.

MOV confirmed to me that all EU versions are identical.

17. buzzlulu

buzzlulu Forum Resident

Yes - I recall seeing your post last year with reference to the fact that there is no difference between the MOV and Sony Poland versions. I want the box set as it will be one of these two pressings. The PopMarket deal is for the US individual presses - there have been some forum gripings on the quality. I also believe the US versions were cut by Chris Bellman while the two European versions were not.

A shame as since I am Stateside the Popmarket offer was quite attractive. I do not want the US presses.

18. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

Not tax free for those of us in the NYC area :shake:

econalan likes this.
  19. Thrills

Thrills Forum Resident

Great find, OP. I just snagged the Dylan Mono Box for $127. I had been on the fence for awhile on this set. This deal sent me over the edge.

JimC, Mr. H and Gabe Walters like this.
  20. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

Check the Cheap Trick vinyl box and the Grateful Dead vinyl box…with the 15% off code the prices for these can't be beat!!!

Clanceman and black sheriff like this.
  21. jhw59

jhw59 Forum Resident

Used the 15% code and picked up the Dexter Gordon set. However, they certainly don't ship quickly.

22. econalan

econalan Forum Resident

Thanks. Just picked up the Van Halen bundle with the 15% coupon.

23. ti-triodes

ti-triodes Senior Member

Sometimes it's still worth it, but most of the time it's around the same price from an Amazon seller.

24. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

That Bowie Station to Station Box for $63.75 with free shipping is a deal for sure.
    Grab one!

trumpetplayer and JimC like this.
  25. JimC

JimC Senior Member

Thanks! Just picked up the Clash Sound System for $131.75. Finally a price I could live with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.