Game of Thrones Discussion: Uncut! (Spoilers welcome)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Tristero, May 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

Great episode!

Dany is turning into a God-like figure, with a body to boot. ;)

Can't wait for the probable showdown with Ramsay and Jon Snow.

2. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

Looks like Tormund has a thing for Lady Brienne.

Has Podrick taken a vow of silence? I don't think he's had a single spoken line this season.

3. lschwart

lschwart Senior Member

OK. So am I right that things are now shaping up in the east to get closer to the way things were left at the end of A Dance with Dragons? Things with the masters of the other cities will come to a head with an army besieging Meereen. A force of Iron Islanders will be on its way, and now we know (this is not in the books yet) that Dani will return at the head of a Dothraki horde (and perhaps with a dragon or three under her control--or maybe no so much under control). We'll get the Battle of Slaver's Bay as the climax--or one of the climaxes--of this season, then. It's with this battle that the new book is supposed to begin, as I recall. In the book the siege is in full swing and the Iron Islanders nearing the bay, but with no indication yet of what part Dani would ultimately play in the outcome of the battle.

Is that right? I read all the books, but too long ago now to remember all the details reliably!

L.

4. Rubber65

Rubber65 Forum Resident

Hands down the best show ever. My wife and I can't get enough of it. It's such good story telling. I have a feeling though that an epic battle between Jon Snow and Ramsey will happen near the end of this season.

Ed Hughes likes this.
  5. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

Not if Littlefinger brings the knights of the Erie to Winterfell!

6. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

But when (and if) Littlefinger brings the Knights of the Vale to Winterfell, who is he there to help? Traditionally, and in line with his character, he sides with the one he believes to be the strongest and most beneficial to him. You can never really trust what he does or his motivations.

7. vince

Oh, MAN!
    I really thought that guy was headed for the moon-door!

8. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

So did he! Robert Arryn (Robin in the show) is not of sound mind. Littlefinger will take advantage of that.

9. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

I was puzzled by that exchange, because I had in my head that they'd had to leave the Eyrie because it was snowed in, and therefore couldn't go back there. But a pass through the Game of Thrones wiki reminds me that was the case in the novels, not the show....

...which reminds me this is a notable difference from the book series -- by the end of the fifth book "winter has come" and it's snowing across much of Westeros.

10. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

yeah he's a little "off" to put it mildly

GodShifter likes this.
  11. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member

The Battle of the Bastards (I can't claim credit for the phrase).

12. vince

And, that kid plays it well, too!

13. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

So can we get a ruling for future posts?

Is it Ramsay or Ramsey?

14. vince

It's........
    that sonofobitch we all HATE!!!

[email protected] likes this.
  15. Squealy

The correct spelling is "Ramsay."

GodShifter likes this.
  16. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Yes, yes it is. :)

17. ubiknik

ubiknik Forum Resident

I actually had it memorized as Ramsay, and then the other day I saw it published twice with the e in articles about the books and show, so I think I actually 'corrected' at least one post here some where with the e.
    arrgh.

Even more reason to see him stretched to about 2 feet taller whilst his skin is cooked off...

brew ziggins likes this.
  18. John Moschella

John Moschella Senior Member

Brave, Brave Sir Robin!

Maybe his minstrels will eat him.

DLeet and Gary like this.
  19. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

The Blue Bard? :D

Molly Tune and DeeThomaz like this.
  20. ubiknik

ubiknik Forum Resident

As the plot thickens, I wondered about this I stumbled on:
    When Arya first sees Jaqen H'ghar, he somewhat reminds her of Syrio, and to her surprise, he knows her real identity. This has led to fan speculation that Jaqen and Syrio are the same person, but so far this has not been verified.

21. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

The men with no name do have some convincing masks, but how do we account for the height difference? Syrio wasn't any taller than Arya.

ubiknik likes this.
  22. Chris from Chicago

Chris from Chicago Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes

Then I've been thinking it wrong all along.

23. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member

Faceless Men are known to use glamours (illusion spells) on ocassion, aside from the masks. Height/weight differences CAN be explained.

That said, I don't buy the Syrio/Jaqen theory. Or any of various theories that seek to prove he's alive somehow. As charismatic as the character was (both in the show and books), I suppose it's not unreasonable that folks want him to have somehow miraculously survived.

To that, I say, his death was very dignified and noble. Why rob him of it?

lschwart and Chris from Chicago like this.
  24. ubiknik

ubiknik Forum Resident

I don't necessarily buy the theory either, but it is plausible as you suggest.
    I think what gives the idea legs is that in the book and the show a definitive death of Syrio was not clearly put forth.

DeeThomaz likes this.
  25. Squealy

And that she met Jaqen soon afterward. But if Syrio defeated or escaped the soldiers, why wouldn't he just find Arya, rather than changing his appearance and not telling her who he is..

Chris from Chicago likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.