Game of Thrones Season Five! No Spoilers Please!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Michael, Apr 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ed Hughes

Ed Hughes Senior Member

really good episode tonight.

2. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

Did I misunderstand or was the red priestess in Volantis (the one Tyrion and Varys watched speak) talking about Daenerys? Seems odd that they would be supporting her. Do they assume she's part of their religion because she is flame retardant?

Mark E. Moon and vince like this.
  3. brew ziggins

brew ziggins Forum Prisoner

Man, this thing just gets darker and darker...

4. Ed Hughes

Ed Hughes Senior Member

Flame retardant :laugh:
    Yes,it appears she was talking about Danerys.

5. mikeyt

mikeyt Forum Resident

I could be mistaken as it's been a while since I've read the books, but I think that Daenerys is one who could possibly fulfill a prophecy within their religion.

6. Harvest Your Thoughts

Harvest Your Thoughts Forum Resident

My opinion on the new series: extremely boring. :shh:

7. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

I jumped in my seat when I saw, what I presume to be, the Frankenstein Mountain move beneath the blanket. Cersei's secret weapon will be making some kind of grand entrance into the war later in the season.

mikeyt likes this.
  8. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Strongest episode of the season. I was gratified that the clever and duplicitous dialog, the thing that makes this show a standout, was once again in evidence. I'm referring to the exchanges early on between Margaery & Tommen and then Cersei & Margaery. Such subtle, manipulative power plays are always a pleasure. Very good ep.

vince and agentalbert like this.
  9. agentalbert

I think its funny that Daenerys has such a fan base in Essos that prostitutes mimick her look and its good for business. Made me think of Kim Basinger's character in "L.A. Confidential" who pretended to be Veronica Lake.

10. Popmartijn

Popmartijn Senior Member

Maybe it is because Daenerys has a thing with fire. But I think that it's just as important for them that she sets slaves free in the cities she's conquered. That red priestess was also a former slave.

11. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

Is it a Frankenstein Mountain, or a Frankenstein Hound?

12. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Seems to be so many dark scenes lately. Don't show up well on my tv.

13. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

I think the director 'give-it-away'.... staying too long on the shot, where I could see the slab with the sheet...
    But, that's just me.

jriems likes this.
  14. Tristero

Tristero In possession of the future tense

Last night's episode was the best of the new season so far, IMO, and the adjustments that they're making to the books are mostly quite successful. Sansa has never been my favorite character, but she's been coming into her own more under Little Finger's crafty tutelage. Does she have what it takes to exact revenge against the Boltons? Certainly they don't appreciate what a little monster Ramsay is, but I'm hopeful that between Sansa & Little Finger (and maybe Theon?) working to undermine them from the inside, and Stannis and his allies attacking from the outside, the Boltons won't be able to hold onto Winterfell for very long. That leaves the Freys for Arya to take down.

It's great to see Jonathan Pryce as the High Sparrow. Cersei has no idea what she's getting into there. The show made her look a little more sympathetic vis-a-vis Margery & Tommen last night, but I wouldn't expect that to last too long.

mikeyt likes this.
  15. ascot

ascot Senior Member

The arranged marriage of Ramsey and Sansa seems to foreshadow payback for the Red Wedding. However, it was interesting to note that Littlefinger admits he doesn't know much about Ramsey.

16. agentalbert

Yeah. I was waiting for it. It's not as if they already hadn't given multiple hints that the Mountain was being turned into some type of monster.

There seems to be a fair number of ladies inside Moat Callin that may be allies for Sansa. There was the older woman who showed her to her room, and there was also the group of younger laides (servants? ex-playthings for Ramsey?) who the camera lingered on. I wasn't sure if they were upset Sansa was there to marry Ramsay, or they were angry at him for something. Ramsey seems to like girls with a bit more meat on the bones than Sansa, no?

mikeyt likes this.
  17. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

They're at Winterfell.

I'm pretty sure that was Ramsay's lover and I guess her handmaidens.

18. Tristero

Who needs the internet when you have Westeros Carrier Birds! Speedy and reliable, they got that message from Cersei to the Vale and then on to Winterfell in record time. How they were able to discern Littlefinger's final destination is anyone's guess.

mrjinks likes this.
  19. vince

There's that question of 'time' again.....
    I wish I could get a firmer grasp on how much time has passed from.... let's say Geoffrey's death.
    I am just assuming that each Season counts for one year.... maybe more?
    It's hard to tell how much time passes.... all I know for certain, is that it takes a month to get from Winterfell to King's Landing.

20. mikeyt

mikeyt Forum Resident

I'm totally with you. I absolutely love how everything is starting to snowball and the changes from the books are coming together. Sansa being arranged to marry Ramsey is especially a welcome surprise as it creates a whole other level of problems in the realm and will give that character an incredibly fun arc to watch this season.

21. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

I used to loathe Sansa and she has really grown on me.

22. Tristero

Yeah, she's really learning from the master back stabber. Her character has grown more complex and compelling since she got out of King's Landing.

23. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

So in the "NO SPOILERS" department are we not allowed to relay what happens in the books that Martin has, miraculously, finished (never mind they aren't worth a crap) or are we just supposed to discuss the HBO series and what's going on there? I'd like to contribute here, but I don't want to step on any toes, either.

24. vince

Well, I, for one, am interested in what Sansa did in the Books.... I heard all this new 'marrying Bolton's bastard' is NOT in the books.

DeeThomaz likes this.
  25. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

It isn't. In fact, in Martin's "A Feast of Crows" Sansa (much like all the other characters) doesn't do *anything*. As best I remember, the book ends with her at home on Littlefinger's childhood islands called "The Fingers". I think there is an attempted rape (not by Littlefinger) and it's kind of left there.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.