Game of Thrones Season Six! April 24th 2016!!!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Michael, Mar 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

• Cersei Lannister
    • Ilyn Payne
    • The Mountain (sorta)
    • The Hound
    • Melisandre
    • Beric Dondarrion
    • Thoros of Myr

Dubmart likes this.
  2. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

While the pie scene played well in the moment, you think about it after and...
    Arya killed two guys, cut them up and made a pie out of them? Really? That's pretty gruesome. (And does she know how to make a pie? Where did she do it?) I'd kind of like it to be revealed she just stuck a toe in a regular pie. Which is still gross but... Not quite so serial killer.

3. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

Well she was friends with Hot Pie for a while. Maybe she picked up some recipes from him.

4. brew ziggins

brew ziggins Forum Prisoner

Great reel of the video compositing of the Battle of the Bastards. I reiterate, amid all this, why would adding Ghost have been a bridge too far? What's one fake dog amidst all this?

Ed Hughes, amoergosum and vince like this.
  5. Mike B

Mike B Forum Resident

Before Stannis' death, she probably would have. But she's in a crisis of faith and knows that Davos is actually right.
    I hope the show gives us some explanation about this "lord of light" business, how much of it is real, if it's real magic just interpreted horribly by her and the priests, or whatever.

6. FVDnz

FVDnz Forum Resident

Knowing that Ned kept the secret of Jon's origin a secret from Catelyn, I wonder if he told then Lord Commander Mormont about Jon, ensuring he be kept safe. Undoubtedly the secret would have died with him.

7. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

Ghost is a direwolf .

8. Lord Summerisle

Lord Summerisle Forum Resident

9. John Moschella

John Moschella Senior Member

Well people who are dead wind up alive again, plus you have the shadow business with Stannis. So clearly there is something real and supernatural going on.

10. marblesmike

marblesmike Forum Resident

Because how would you explain a wolf surviving that battle? Do you want Ghost to die like all the other direwolves?

GentleSenator likes this.
  11. brew ziggins

It has been widely discussed that the CGI budget would not allow for Ghost to participate, whether or not it would have been a good idea for him to be there. I just don't understand why, with all the other elements, all the computer generated arrows, horses, soldiers, one more animal was too much to handle.

12. marblesmike

marblesmike Forum Resident

I don't understand the fixation. Out of all the things to nitpick about...

13. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

We wanna see big doggies eat people! It's cool! :laugh:

However, I'm glad Ghost wasn't there because he WOULD be dead. And I'm sick of big doggies dying.

14. Chris from Chicago

Chris from Chicago Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes

It may have been more dramatic to have Ghost there...but it also surely would have resulted in the direwolf dying. Budget or not, it's best that he wasn't there. Wouldn't it make for a better endgame if Ghost sat at Jon's side at the end of this series? Shouldn't one direwolf survive this mess?

GodShifter and dkmonroe like this.
  15. dkmonroe

Brienne finally realizing her ambition to avenge Renly wouldn't suck. But I doubt they're going to spend Melisandre so easily.

16. dkmonroe

Nymeria on the Iron Throne at last - oh wait, should I have used a spoiler tag? :laugh:

17. John Moschella

John Moschella Senior Member

Not sure if it was the 4th or 5th book, but there were rumors of a giant direwolf, head of a large pack of wolves, reeking havoc in Westeros. One can only assume this was Nymeria. I forget the details, but I think this came up during Jamie's journey to the Riverlands.

18. brew ziggins

It's not nitpicking. It's curiosity about the production. I don't give a crap if Ghost was in the damn battle or not. It's a question about how CGI works. The entire show is created inside a computer. What is the big deal about adding a large fake dog?

dkmonroe likes this.
  19. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

There are hints of Nymeria being near the Trident from the 3rd book on. Martin has said that Nymeria will play a role in the story to come. We'll see if the show follows this or not

Chris from Chicago likes this.
  20. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

We want to see the Nymeria/Arya reunion video a' la "Christian the lion"!!

Ed Hughes and misterdecibel like this.
  21. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

Sadly, unless Maisie does a 'hosting' on Saturday Night Live, we'll never see it...
    Of course, the sub-titles would read, "Because no one really knows how many years have gone by in the show, we can't tell HOW MANY YEARS THEY'VE BEEN APART!"

22. Guy from Ohio

Guy from Ohio Senior Member

Maybe Brienne, now on the river, will come across a floating body and will feel duty bound to take it to Winterfell to be entombed. On the way there she runs into Melisandre and together they make a poor decision.

I also don't believe the books will ever be finished.

23. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

24. Popmartijn

Popmartijn Senior Member

What were you expecting then for this final episode of the season?

25. Popmartijn

Popmartijn Senior Member

I'd think that adding in Ghost is not just inserting a small replica of a direwolf in a mass scene. For the audience to notice him he'd have to have some close-up action. And then it's probably very difficult/expensive to create such a scene. The direwolf would need to look natural, move natural and act natural in such a way to hold up under close scrutiny.
    In those mass fighting scenes you see you won't notice if some small CGI figure moves unnaturally in the background or the visuals move so fast it doesn't matter anyway. But seeing Ghost or Wun Wun act is different as you'll be actively following his actions.

I heard that battle in episode 9 took 1 month to shoot. It took probably several months to add all the CGI effects to it. With additional scenes with Ghost the post-production might've run out of time before airtime.

FVDnz and brew ziggins like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.