Game of Thrones - Season VII - July 16-2017

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Deuce66, Mar 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

I don't know if she's overly concerned with saving her own skin, though. If she were, she'd stay FAR away from anyone trying to get to the throne rather than attaching herself to them.

2. peopleareleaving

peopleareleaving Forum Resident

.........because Arya is "no one?"

3. Popmartijn

Popmartijn Senior Member

I think that Melissandre really can see prophesies, etc. It's just her interpretation skills that are still not up to par after all these centuries. :p Like with so many of these prophesies (see also the one for Cersei), she likely looked at the most convenient subject in Westeros (Stannis), instead of looking wide to find the true rescuer of Westeros (Jon/Daenerys).

4. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

All I know is, she better keep hidden, when DAVOS comes to Dragonstone!

5. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

So...Euron gets carved up like an Easter ham (including a knife to the groin) & keeps laughing insanely while killing everything in sight. I'd jump in the water too. Too cartoonish for me. The rest of the episode was pretty ok.

GentleSenator, marblesmike and SJP like this.
  6. Potential Energy

Potential Energy Forum Resident

Sort of. I think it's more about Arya not being a "normal" Stark, instead going off on her own path. Nymeria mirrors that, in leading her own pack and not being attached to Arya in the same way as the other wolf/Stark pairings. That's why she says "It's not you" when Nymeria leaves. She understands that they are of the same nature.

I believe both of them absolutely recognized each other and it's a bit of Chekov's Gun as well...show Nymeria in the first act to remind people. I don't expect it's the last we'll see of her and her pack.

7. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

why not? ghost isn't even dead/detached and we haven't seen even a flick of him this season.

vince likes this.
  8. Spoiler Alert!

Q:

Jon Snow [bastard surname] - black hair & brown eyes ~
    Targarin - silver/white [platinum] hair & violet [purple] eyes.
    &
    Stark - dark alburn hair & gray eyes.
    ???

Of course, not every family member in every family shares the exact same coloring.
    Yet in this fantasy world family eye & hair color traits play a large role in the story/history of the families in the "Seven Kingdoms".
    Think actor Kit Harington is a near perfect Jon Snow. While wigs, hair dye, and/or colored contacts are included in many of the actors wardrobe/makeup; not his.

Any one know why Jon's appearance does not accurately reflect the traits of his supposed Father & actual Mother nor the traits of his actual Father??

9. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

The fight was confusing but I'm pretty sure the knife to the groin was someone else.

jriems and misterdecibel like this.
  10. agentalbert

In the books, is there any mention of direwolves being magic or hyper intelligent (more than regular wolves)? Just wondering how M
    His mother Lyanna had stronger genes than Rhaegar, I guess. Maybe the Lord Of Light altered his genetics to keep him safe so he could save the world some day. ;)

11. Off:
    As i pointed out [in the post you "quoted"]; Jon Snow does not share ('Ned') Starks coloring.
    Tho now that i think about it, Robb's coloring doesn't match either. Bran's may be closer, just not exact as well!!

"Well... nothings perfect!" [TM/ :winkgrin: ]
    WoW
    S7 is exciting so far!!!

:goodie:

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
  12. Yovra

Yovra Collector of Beatles Threads

I went off the GoT-train two seasons ago and reading some descriptions about characters and happenings there's no way I'm getting back... Tried getting ''on'' again last season, but apart from Tyrion Lannister and Brienne of Tarth I don't like the characters very much.

13. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

wifey here...
    I had a client who said she thought Jon Snow was a Baratheon(sp?), as in Lianna was already pregnant from King Robert before she was raped. "The seed is strong"

Rubber65 likes this.
  14. Guy from Ohio

Guy from Ohio Senior Member

Yes, Euron was up on the deck while the knife to the groin was definitely....... "below deck"

jriems likes this.
  15. Chris from Chicago

Chris from Chicago Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes

Rewatched the episode. There's always so much going on. But one observation... I've always liked Dani. In spite of her journey, and her mission, and the things she had to do to accomplish this... she never came off as unlikable. Until this last episode. Threatening to burn Varys... and demanding Jon come to her and bend a knee. It seems like rushed dialogue that doesn't fit her character. Now, of course, if you want to be queen you have to be ruthless. But it seemed out of character for her. At least unlike what she's said and done the previous 6 seasons.

Deuce66 and GodShifter like this.
  16. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

A decent episode. The exchange with Dany and Varys was interesting. Maybe Dany is going to go mad and will have to be put down like her brother and father before him. Maybe all the Targaryens are destined to go crazy. Maybe Varys sees this and does it himself.

Dumb action on the sea where Euron is able to find Yara's exact ship in the fleet. If Yara's fleet is burned wouldn't Euron's get burned too?

A ballista isn't going to work that great against a moving dragon but I guess it's better than nothing. No Hound in this episode. BOOOO.

ianuaditis, GentleSenator and Deuce66 like this.
  17. agentalbert

That's what I was thinking, and hoping. I haven't like Dany lately and think it would be really interesting and brave if the writers took the character we all assume is destined for the throne and turned her evil with madness so she didn't get there. For all her talk of "breaking the wheel", we haven't really heard anything in the way of what she is offering that is different. In Essos, sure, where she could end slavery. But unless she's going to try and end the whole class system of nobles and great houses, which would negate her claim and that of any child she bore, and would result in a massive bloodbath, how is she any different? Maybe a mostly decent ruler, but things will still be the same for the majority of citizen over the continent.

It might the first time you use it, when she and her dragons don't know its there. If they can keep it disguised and lure Dany/Drogon close enough to put one right in the chest of her dragon, it would be effective. Or they might need to have a bunch of them and fire a huge volley of them at her dragons.

GodShifter likes this.
  18. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Dany can't have children.

I do think that Dany will come to an end that is unforeseen. How it happens remains to be seen, but I do not see her making it to the finish. I see Jon as the eventual ruler of Westeros.

Dubmart and Chris from Chicago like this.
  19. agentalbert

How did it happen that she can't have children? Was that something to do with the stillborn baby she delivered? I think she believes she won't have children or can't, but isn't that just because of the one witches prophecy, which may be wrong?

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
    GodShifter likes this.
  20. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

21. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Very possible. I think it was due to her bargain with the witch to "save" Drogo, but I can't remember exactly but it's almost a mantra for her. She believes it but whether it's true or not is unknown.

Chris from Chicago likes this.
  22. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

I never realized, until looking something up on the GOT Wiki earlier, that Samwell and Shireen were first cousins - their mothers were sisters.

23. agentalbert

I didn't either. Good catch.

24. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

I didn't know that either.

25. Bender Rodriguez

Bender Rodriguez RIP Exene, best dog ever. 2005-2016

We should just assume every member of all major houses are related...like European royalty.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.