Game of Thrones - Season VII - July 16-2017

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Deuce66, Mar 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GregM

GregM The expanding man

Looking forward to it, as always. My favorite show currently running.

Denim Chicken likes this.
  2. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

Official Poster for Season 7 - The Night King:

[​IMG]

Deuce66 likes this.
  3. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

Do you think the Night King will have diologue this year?

4. vince

SOOooooooo,
    I was somewhat right about 'extended-length' episodes...
    only one, and only a half-hour extra...

5. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

Deuce66 likes this.
  6. townsend

townsend Senior Member

The episode length is welcome, and goes a way towards "making up" for the lower number of episodes. BTW, for the first time, I watched the GoT Season 7 trailer, and I terminated it about half way through. I was so impressed with the first half, I just shut it off. It looks like some incredible stuff is coming down the pike.

7. vince

:yikes:WhhaaaaAAAAAAT??????
    Boo, I say!

8. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member Thread Starter

Anyone else watching previous seasons as a warmup for S.7?

Chris from Chicago likes this.
  9. vince

I'm sure there's gonna be a big 'ol marathon on HBO!

10. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Theatrical movie
    Flashback ?

11. GregM

GregM The expanding man

I just blazed through the entire 6 seasons on blu-ray. It's taken a long time and multiple viewings to familiarize myself with all the tertiary characters and where they fit, where their allegiances lie...and even to get a clear picture of Little Finger and what he's all about. I am just in awe of how the show's creators and writers can keep so many threads moving forward with well acted and scripted scenes that segue so flawlessly. On this repeat viewing I appreciated just how much balance and symmetry each arc has. It's quite something. I don't think I've encountered anything comparable since Dune--but of course if justice is ever done to that book in bringing it to the screen, it would surpass GoT.

12. vince

I'd say the toughtest 'challenge' for GOT is :
    Will we really want 'big battle' scenes cutting into the moving of the story?
    I, for one, will be re-watching with the hope that the battle scenes still have the same appeal they did when I first watched.

13. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

Speaking of big battle scenes I came across a bit of the Blackwater episode from S2 on tv the other day... that was a big deal when they did it and it's funny how modest it looks now. And I'm guessing it will look even more so after 7 & 8.

14. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

Yup, the days of Tyrion getting boinked in the head and a major battle happening while he's out are long gone!;)

15. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

New Trailer:

Love the shot of Littlefinger used in this trailer....Lurking in the shadows.

16. Groovy

Groovy Forum Resident

According to TMZ, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau has a different kind of project in the works. It's a show where two teams of contestants work to find the star who will be somewhere in a given geographical area. The area in question could be a city or a whole state (the show will be based in the U.S.).

The contestants will be given clues and use online tools such as maps, social media and even video surveillance to spot Nikolaj. Once they get close enough, finding him is made easier as he will be wearing some sort of red and white striped outfit.

The show will air in late 2018 and will be called 'Where's Waldau'.

Lonson likes this.
  17. cwsiggy

cwsiggy Forum Resident

It's just too easy to assume Daenerys is going to crush isn't it? I can't imagine it will be that simple. On paper, she has zero competition. ZERO!
    What am I missing here? Of course some fan theories say the Whitewalkers will simply kill all but who knows.

I may have to switch from team Daenerys to ... gasp... team Cersei. Kinda have to love a chick who pushes the nuclear button no ? :laugh:

18. Lord Summerisle

Lord Summerisle Forum Resident

I want a flaming sword.

19. vince

Re: the fate of Cerci;
    I want Arya to 'get her'!...... I want her to 'get' The Mountain, too!
    ..like a medieval 'Hit-Girl'!

20. Deuce66

I think someone else will get The Mountain.

GodShifter likes this.
  21. vince

or, should we call him, the "Franken-Moutain"!

Deuce66 likes this.
  22. Deuce66

Problem is I think she used the only nuke option she had to save herself. I can't see her putting up much of a defence and she certainly won't bend the knee to Daenerys, I can't see that happening ever.

cwsiggy likes this.
  23. GregM

GregM The expanding man

She could have trouble at sea that wipes out a good portion of her fleet. She could also run into trouble if a warg starts controlling her dragons and using them against her. The show has a way of bogging her down in unpredictable sub-plots. Remember, she spent much of last season as a prisoner of the Dothraki.

I may have to switch from team Daenerys to ... gasp... team Cersei. Kinda have to love a chick who pushes the nuclear button no ? :laugh:[/QUOTE]

The Lannisters certainly have a way of coming out on top--at least Cersei.

cwsiggy likes this.
  24. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Dayman, fighter of the Nightman

I'm currently re-watching from season 4 on in preparation. (I've seen the first three seasons more than once and the first season tons of times) On Season 5 episode 6 right now.

There are a few ways Daenerys could face some big trouble but I don't want to speculate on that for the sake of those who haven't read the books (Even though those hints from the books may not even happen)

25. Chris from Chicago

Chris from Chicago Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes

So... random musings:

Are we going to see Jorah again? I'm guessing yes

Are we going to see Gendry again? I, again, am guessing yes.

Will Jon find out his true heritage? Can't see how he will. Bran would be the only one who knows.

Any chance the Hound can get his revenge against FrankenMountain. I sure hope so.

GodShifter likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.