Game of Thrones - Season VII - July 16-2017

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Deuce66, Mar 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This was what I use to think, but the Hound's trajectory is North now, isn't it? Ultimately Jamie will kill Cersei I expect and that will bring him to the Mountain (unless the Mountain gets offed by a dragon first).

GodShifter likes this.
  2. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

The Mountain getting offed by a dragon would be a terrible waste of a character and plot! Would be a huge misstep that I'd be shocked to see happen.

Chris from Chicago likes this.
  3. GregM

GregM The expanding man

But do you think he can be killed by any sword fight? He's already dead!

4. skimminstones

skimminstones Forum Resident

Interesting point, assuming its obvious he has to die at some point.....how do you kill essentially the undead?

5. GregM

GregM The expanding man

Dragonglass seems to work on the white walkers, but who would think to use it on the Mountain? No way to know if that would undo whatever magic is holding him together. Fire is a safe bet.

6. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Makes sense. I actually predicted Jaime might kill Cersei too. We'll see what happens. Should be fun.

7. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Chop his head off? I'd bet that'd work.

8. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

...or maybe Qyburn has been secretly rejuvenating Oberyn Martell just like he did with The Mountain. Maybe Martell will have his revenge!

9. cwsiggy

cwsiggy Forum Resident

The joke going around the net is that it's CGI budget. If it were real, of course she would use all three dragons. Apparently anytime GOT uses dragons, it eats up half the budget! lol

Oh, and why would you attack a line of hundreds of soldiers head on with a dragon when you can fly up the line and flame the entire line? Makes no sense to me

GodShifter likes this.
  10. gary191265

gary191265 Forum Resident

11. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

Probably Drogon. Or another dragon. I can't really see how The Hound or any single human could take out The Mountain as he is. Maybe a giant white walker?

12. Chris from Chicago

Chris from Chicago Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes

Funny. Until I read your post, the only acceptable way for the Mountain to die was by the hand of the Hound. Now... a White Walker wouldn't be too shabby.

13. Bender Rodriguez

Bender Rodriguez RIP Exene, best dog ever. 2005-2016

Samwell Tarley will find a way!

gary191265 likes this.
  14. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

the show has done nothing but imply zombie mountain's "invincibility" or whatever. it'll be someone we least expect. let me make a completely uninformed call and say it'll be a wight giant.

15. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

16. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

Or Arya.

17. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

As far as how to take the Mountain out, I'd say to simply slice'n'dice!;)

Saw the most ridiculous article today saying how this season is bad because too many good things are happening! How's that for kiddie logic!?

18. kreen

kreen Forum Resident

Yeah. The Twitter hordes would call for blood if any female character on that show exhibited any of the now-forbidden "stereotypical female traits" that many actual women exhibit in real life, but that are apparently too taboo now for TV. I dislike it when those sorts of outside rules get in the way of organic storytelling, like in all of those old movies where the bad guys always had to lose in the end. Yeah, because bad guys ALWAYS pay for their crimes in real life...

19. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

What are Gilly and little Sam doing and where are they hanging out? Sam didn't find a way for them to stay at the Citadel, did he?

20. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

Pretty sure I recall Sam telling Gilly about the Mountain of glass and how he had to inform Jon about it. So it appears that she's still with him at the citadel.

21. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Here is a longer behind-the-scenes documentary on what went into shooting the "Loot Train Attack" episode from this past weekend:

I haven't even watched the show yet, and I was pretty well blown away by what an elaborate production this was. Impeccable effects for TV.

22. GregM

GregM The expanding man

Good TV shows (particularly on HBO) have all the production values of good movies. The last two battle scenes blew me away. Even without the dragon, it was jaw-dropping, but seeing all the barrels on the wagons shoot into the air and blow up was a nice touch. The sequence with Bronn scrapping about after his horse was taken down was probably the highlight for me, but the whole thing was done to perfection. I just wish it wasn't broken up at the end with Tyrion's "idiot" comments. There had better be some seriously significant reason that needed to be included, or I'll be pissed. It came quite close to ruining the build-up of the scene because they cut away to Tyrion not once but twice. Why?

23. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

You haven't watched ANY of IT:yikes:,
    or just this episode?

24. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

that was my first choice but i wanted to be "edgy" in case of "i told ya so" moment in the future.

25. Chris from Chicago

Chris from Chicago Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes

So... Jaime is sinking in a river/lake. There are 3 options. He swims out/is rescued and walks away... he dies... or he gets captured.

The dialogue between Tyrion Jaime and Varys is about to get good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.