Game of Thrones - Season VII - July 16-2017

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Deuce66, Mar 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gaslight

Gaslight ⎧⚍⎫⚑

Yeah, that was a "blink and you'll miss it" moment.

vince likes this.
  2. rufus t firefly

rufus t firefly Forum Resident

The last few scenes at Castle Black were BADASS ! Its like the Dirty Dozen meets the Magnificent Seven.

tommy-thewho and xdawg like this.
  3. Gaslight

Gaslight ⎧⚍⎫⚑

I want the transporters they must have found in the caves of Dragonstone.

Walt and xdawg like this.
  4. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

The point was made earlier that the show isn't what it used to be storywise ever since they've 'passed' GRRM's endpoint. And truthfully, I would agree, the tale isn't as nuanced and intelligent as it used to be BUT....the current writers can certainly count their lucky stars to be building on the solid foundation left for them by GRRM. This was an outstanding episode!

5. brew ziggins

brew ziggins Forum Prisoner

Super episode. The FTL travels continue.

6. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

I watched the episode twice and I guessed I missed it (or maybe I'm just tired). Ah, now I remember...

Good episode, but it left me with a sense of dread. Not because of the excursion to meet the Night King, but Cersei's motivations and what she's going to do.

A plot point that seemed to be highlighted was Jon's encounter with Drogon and the dragon's acceptance of him which is (kind of) registered in Dany's face yet she says nothing to him about it (or anyone else for that matter). I thought more would be made out of that.

Chris from Chicago and GregM like this.
  7. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

I can accept that normal amounts of time pass while everyone travels, and they are just skipping forward to the arrivals etc. Doesn't bother me.

8. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Same here. Things need to move. As a viewer you just have to understand that time is limited and the plot needs to keep advancing. The show has built to this for six seasons; it has to wrap things up.

tommy-thewho and vince like this.
  9. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

PREDICTION:
    Cersi will die..... giving birth to a DWARF!

10. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

Jaime being rescued so quickly made me wonder why they bothered dunking him in the 1st place ('cause it was a great episode-ender, that's why!;)). And Bronn's one mighty swimmer to be able to carry Jaime and 2 sets of armor up from the depths!;) Didn't like the sound of Cersei asking Jaime how he was going to punish Bronn.

11. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

Littlefinger lurking in the shadows at the end, watching Arya breaking in to look at that note. That scene of him lurking in the shadows was in the season trailer before the new season started and I wondered when that would show up and what it was about.

12. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

I thought for sure Dany would say something seeing the dragon bond with Jon.

Nice seeing the Hound and Gendry back

13. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

Rhaegar = Paris
    Lyanna = Helen
    Robert = Menelaus

I guess we still don't know if the entire Rhaegar/Lyanna relationship was willing on her part, or if she was taken and forced to marry in that "secret ceremony", but it looks more and more likely that she eloped. I wonder if Robert knew at all and maybe the kidnap story was as much one he told himself as the public narrative.

What was on the scroll Baelish planted to lure Arya? The only bit I could make out said something about "bend knee...fealty to Tommen". I think, anyway.

14. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Dayman, fighter of the Nightman

It mentions Robert getting killed by the Boar.

15. lschwart

lschwart Senior Member

It's the letter that Cersei forced Sansa to write to Robb asking him to not to rebel and to pledge fealty to the crown in order to save her father's life. She also claimed she was being well-treated, etc.. Littlefinger was in on all of that at the time, and he seems to have led Arya to the letter in hopes of driving a wedge between her and Sansa. He probably hopes that Arya will see it as a betrayal at one of the family's darkest hours, rather than understanding how Sansa was young, naive and under extreme coercive pressure.

You can read about it here:

Game of Thrones: That Mysterious Letter from Sansa, Explained

L.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
    tommy-thewho, Gaslight and GodShifter like this.
  16. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

Thanks for the clarification on the scroll. It was clear Baelish wanted Arya to find it. I just wasn't sure if it was a legit archive or something fabricated.

17. Chris from Chicago

Chris from Chicago Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes

Yeah... this episode should have been called... annulment.

18. jmobrien68

jmobrien68 Forum Resident

I predict a face turn for Cersei

19. rswitzer

rswitzer Forum Resident

Is Sam the head of house Tarly now?

gary191265 likes this.
  20. Bender Rodriguez

Bender Rodriguez RIP Exene, best dog ever. 2005-2016

He gave up all rights of inheritance when he took the black.

21. Chris from Chicago

It was legit. And you're right, he left it for Arya to find. It'll potentially drive a wedge between Arya and Sansa. And Sansa will run to Littlefinger for help/council.

GodShifter and Bender Rodriguez like this.
  22. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Yep, and they've already started their squabbling again. Brief tender reunion that one was! I wouldn't want to get on Arya's bad side, but the same could be said of Baelish. There are few more cunnng individuals in the GoT universe. Even Varys couldn't keep up with him.

23. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

What did Davos want Gendry for? Gendry promptly told Jon who he was and then volunteered for the Eastwatch mission... but wasn't he brought there to do something else? Did they just need a sword manufacturer? Did Davos just like him and thought he'd be loyal?

Chris from Chicago likes this.
  24. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

To help craft obsidian weapons to fight the White Walkers? Good question as it wasn't really explained.

Ed Hughes and Chris from Chicago like this.
  25. Chris from Chicago

I had a bit of a prediction following last night's episode. It was such a huge episode for Jon, with the friendly face to face with the dragon... and Gilly's findings... that Jon rose quite a bit higher on the proverbial GOT food chain. (Nothing we didn't know, hope or expect) I fear as a result, he won't be there to see the end. I mean... who, now, could have a more shocking death than Mr Wavyhair Targaerian?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.