Game of Thrones - Season VII - July 16-2017

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Deuce66, Mar 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

The thing is, Jon has already died once. I'm not sure they'd go there again unless it was an act of ultimate sacrifice for his people or someone he loves. I'm thinking it's Dany who dies in an unforeseen event; perhaps trying to save her dragons (her children) or some form of skullduggery dredged up by Cersei and Qyburn. I'd bet money Jaime sees it to the end of this series but is a very changed man in the process. He might even have to kill his sister (and his child) if he sees her continue to go off the rails (did you see the look on his face when Cersei says, "don't ever betray me again")?

Chris from Chicago likes this.
  2. jmobrien68

jmobrien68 Forum Resident

But when did he betray her? He went right in to her and told her he met with Tyrion? It's not like he hid it from her.

Chris from Chicago likes this.
  3. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Exactly. He didn't but in her mind he did.

4. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

He saw and talked to Tyrion without immediately grabbing him and taking him to Cersei to be killed, so that's enough of a betrayal for her.

5. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

With the child she's expecting, Cersei once again has a hook for controlling Jaime.

I think Gendry will have romantic affections for Arya, whether or not the feelings are reciprocated.

6. rswitzer

rswitzer Forum Resident

But doesn't Arya know he left it for her to find? After all she's been through, I hope she's not that easily manipulated.

Bender Rodriguez likes this.
  7. Chris from Chicago

Chris from Chicago Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes

Could be. Hard to tell what she knows. But she has been gone and therefore unaware of all of the shady things he's done in Kings Landing/The Vale/Winterfell since Ned was killed. And as a young girl she may have been protected from his actions by her father.

8. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

I guess Gendry's choice of weapon (hammer instead of a sword) is supposed to be a tribute to his dad, Robert. Wasn't Robert known for using a hammer on the battlefield?

GodShifter likes this.
  9. marblesmike

marblesmike Forum Resident

Pretty sure that Robert killed Rhaegar using a hammer to the chest from what I remember in the books.

GodShifter likes this.
  10. agentalbert

I don't think we were meant to believe Arya knew he left it for her. And even if she did, won't she still just see it as another instance of Sansa failing to defend the family, after she watched her not stick up enough for Jon? But I don't think Arya knows that she has been played.

11. agentalbert

That could go along with something else I was thinking last night. Maybe what Cersei is carrying isn't Jaime's natural child, but from something Qyburn whipped up.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
    GodShifter likes this.
  12. chrischerm

chrischerm Forum Resident

I've believed for a couple of seasons that this will be the end result between Jamie and Cersei. He'll add Queenslayer to Kingslayer then promptly pull a Tommen and fall to his death, or get killed by the Mountain.

GodShifter likes this.
  13. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Correct. Robert killed Rhaegar with his hammer at The Battle of the Trident. The hammer was an obvious nod to Gendry's father.

14. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

What a 'toss-up' for the writers!;
    To take Samm & family to:
    a) Winterfell
    or,
    b) Dragonstone!
    I'm pretty sure he's going to Winterfell, but still...
    think of all the great dialogue in either place!

15. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

"I met with the person you ordered to be killed on sight, but since I told you about it after he was safely away, everything's cool, right?"

16. agentalbert

Not that Cersei would really care, but I can see at a trial if there was one, it being brought up that Jaime's failure to apprehend Tyrion lead to the death of two innocent guards.

17. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Sam's an interesting case in that he's still a sworn man to The Watch. Obviously, he has Gilly now so that creates a problem, but if he were to head to either Dragonstone or Winterfell, technically he's abandoning the Night's Watch and could be executed for it. He'd almost have to return to The Wall if logic of the story is still in place.

18. GregM

GregM The expanding man

This show is so freakin good.

Most of my predictions were FUBAR, but I'll give myself half credit for thinking Tyrion goes to Kings Landing for an audience and Jaime goes to bat for him regarding his innocence in Joffrey's death subsequent to the Olenna reveal.

Regarding the plodding, character-building nature of the first few seasons, I think the show built up a lot of equity with the audience regarding the main characters and the general politics and mythology of Westeros, and can now take bigger steps toward the conclusion without losing anything important. Remarkable balance and thought in the story telling and execution.

19. vince

True....
    AND, he could put his family Valerian steel sword in Arya's hands!

20. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

As much as I would enjoy a scene of Tyrion having to awkwardly explain to Sam, on Dany's behalf, what happened to his father and brother, I think your reasoning is correct.

GodShifter likes this.
  21. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

While he might make a stop to see Jon, I would imagine he is returning to the Wall, to bring them whatever information he can find in the stolen documents. And wasn't he wearing his Night's Watch uniform?

GentleSenator likes this.
  22. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

I don't think so - Qyburn offered to help her take care of it, and she declined the offer, opting to use the pregnancy as leverage instead.

23. agentalbert

It's more than a bit big for her. She's still a very small person.

That's true, I forgot about that.

GodShifter likes this.
  24. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Was he? I didn't notice what he was wearing.

25. vince

I usually watch each episode once a day, until Sunday...
    Sad, I know.

GodShifter likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.