Game of Thrones - Season VII - July 16-2017

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Deuce66, Mar 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lschwart

lschwart Senior Member

I guess we'll see. I get that she wouldn't have him killed, but she could have had him imprisoned or put under a kind of house arrest if she were worried about her plan becoming known. As you say, she no doubt has some plans she did not mention. Or I hope the writers have written them in!

L.

GodShifter likes this.
  2. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Right. She could thrown him in a cell or whatever.

It's bit odd to have such a valuable weapon like Arya and not use her to wipe out Cersei but, as of now, the thought is Cersei is helping. Once they hear from Jaime that will change. Many things will change.

I heard they're looking at 2019 before this runs again. Damn that's a long time.

tommy-thewho likes this.
  3. GregM

GregM The expanding man

That's an important bit, regarding the cut scene. It certainly puts Sansa's decision about Baelish in better context because it is out of character for her to be so firm and strong about anything, let alone defying someone who had controlled her for years. People keep saying she has grown up and is now strong, but she really isn't. She's still childish and weak; that's just who she is. She made up for it, and now we know it's because she's listening to more ethical people than Baelish, who have her best interests at heart. That makes sense, and it shows her decision was in character.

I don't think putting Jaime in the dungeon was an option as he would have made it a life-or-death matter and would not be willingly put there. In terms of the endgame, it would really hamstring the story to have such an important character unable to maneuver toward whatever end is in store for him.

I don't think Arya will let any rules or treaties prevent her from crossing names off her list--I assume that's still a priority for her. It could also be possible for Daeny or Jon to quickly hop on a dragon, try to take out Cersei for breaking the treaty and still be back in time to fight the dead. Certainly Jon has no patience for people who break their word and is hugely motivated to kill them; and when he learns he's a Targaryen with proper claim to the throne, who knows how this will impact him. That will be the most intriguing part of the remaining episodes (for me), assuming Bran and Sam tell him.

tommy-thewho likes this.
  4. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

They're about to start filming, so if it takes them that long to wrap it up, there must be a lot of CGI involved.

GodShifter and vince like this.
  5. misterdecibel

I suppose if and when he finds out, there'll be some issue over who should be bending the knee for whom?

6. GregM

GregM The expanding man

That's what's so compelling. Jon has always been so humble and cognizant of chain of command. He always knew and accepted his place as a bastard. So when he knows and accepts his place as the rightful heir to the throne, how will this change him? He grudgingly accepts his role as King of the North. Maybe he will see his real identity as a call to unite all regions of Westeros. Or maybe he will finally resent Winterfell and his adoptive parents, the Starks, one of whom mistreated him and denied him a mother's love, while the other kept from him the most important secret and robbed him of his identity throughout his life. But if the latter is the case, Bran might not be in such a rush to tell him.

7. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

8. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

That's an interesting point about Bran because now that he is no longer just Bran, but the Three Eyed Raven, what is his priority? Does he, like Varys, "serve the realm" rather than have loyalty to a king/queen or family? If so, there could be a point where Sansa (or someone else) has an interest that to him conflicts with the overall good and he might have to make a choice. There probably isn't enough time left in the story to explore that, but it could have been an interesting conflict, seeing 3ER-Bran choose something else over family.

tommy-thewho likes this.
  9. agentalbert

Eh. I'll probably watch some, but my appetite for this isn't really there. What might be fun is if they produced some short stand alone mini-episodes showing events that have been referenced but we never saw. Or just something catching up with a character outside of the main cast who is in another part of the world. Sorta like the short "one-off's" Marvel puts on their MCU home video releases. Maybe they could show us Daario in Mereen hinting down a few Sons Of The Harpy remnants. Or show us what is going on in Qarth since Dany left with the "King Of Qarth" locked in his vault and the ruling council all having been murdered. Or a story in Dorne. They wouldn't need the main cast for these, and so they could produce some shorts without needing too big a budget.

10. jmobrien68

jmobrien68 Forum Resident

A buddy of mine at work came up with a crazy hypothesis for Jaime's end game that makes perfect sense... so wild that I'm reluctant to share it in case it does go down.

11. Chris from Chicago

Chris from Chicago Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes

Jon/Aegon won't ever resent the Starks. They taught him respect and honor. He is who he is because of the Starks. And the secret about his parents was kept to keep him alive. The same way Jon convinced Theon that he will always be part Stark... so will Jon. It doesn't hurt that his very mother actually was a Stark to further drive this home.

12. GregM

GregM The expanding man

Might as well share it; that's what the thread is for. I've certainly been wondering about the possibilities; he could end up kingslaying his sister as Daeny's husband for all I know!

This is certainly how the character has been set up, but it is all based on Jon knowing Ned Stark is his father. It may really mess with his head when something as core as that turns out to be a lie. Done properly, the character would go through a few stages like denial, anger, resolution, acceptance...but I'm not sure we have time for that.

13. Chris from Chicago

Chris from Chicago Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes

It's been forever... like, maybe the very first episode... But Jon asked Ned if he'd tell him about his mother. Next time I see you I will, Ned told him. Turns out fate didn't allow that to happen.

tommy-thewho and GodShifter like this.
  14. jmobrien68

jmobrien68 Forum Resident

He heads up North and becomes an unlikely ally... ends up in a cliff hanger of a battle... all is good and he heads back south to meet up with his sister... an emotional reunion ending with Jamie pulling out a "dagger" and stabs her in her pregnant belly and telling her 'the North remembers' as Arya pulls off Jamie's dead skin mask and then slits her throat.

Rubber65, DLeet, tommy-thewho and 3 others like this.
  15. TexasBuck

TexasBuck Forum Resident

Bran could also serve as an invaluable military weapon. He can see all the present. He could not only continue to know where the Night Kings army is but also Cercei's army. If Jamie goes to Winterfell and tell's of Cercei's backing out of the agreement to fight the army of the dead, Bran could could easily keep track of what Cersei is up to in the South. He could even point out the location or Euron's navy and the dragons could destroy them and the Golden Company.

16. agentalbert

They might do something like that. I really don't like the idea of Arya being able to put on a mask an impersonate someone twice her size and walk around in their armor and and heavy weapons.

17. misterdecibel

There has to be some big payoff involving Arya and her masks though.

18. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

There's a dirty joke to be told with the bending of the knee re Jon and Daeny, but it's a family forum so I'll let it go :D

DLeet and agentalbert like this.
  19. agentalbert

Sure. It would be one thing if she impersonated a servant to get close to Cersei, or someone else remotely close to her size. But if the mask polymorphs her into someting 2 1/2 times her mass with the requisite strength and voice of someone the people know, that's just too easy and makes her too powerful, I think. Hell, she shouldn't even really be a master at this assassin/faceless man thing. She wasn't there long and completed exactly zero missions she was assigned. It was believable for her to pretend to be a young girl and kill Meryn Trant. But turning into Walder Frey was pushing it and being able to pull off Jaime would be even more outlandish. Can she become the Mountain too with his face, and be a giant moving around in armor that weighs more than she does?

20. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

I actually thought about this scenario last night! But didn't the prophecy say she'd be strangled by her younger brother? It still could be Arya posing as Jaime.

Chris from Chicago likes this.
  21. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Yeah, with her diminutive size that is pretty hard to deal with.

22. misterdecibel

23. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

Since we're basically throwing out fan-theories at this point, I just read an interesting one that supposedly's been around for awhile (I never heard it!). That Bran is the Night King or at the very least, the Night King is a Stark!

24. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Read about that last night. Interesting theory. It has some merit to it. It'd be kind of cool if that's the case.

25. Bender Rodriguez

Bender Rodriguez RIP Exene, best dog ever. 2005-2016

My fantasy show about dragons, ice zombies and magic isn't realistic enough.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.