Game of Thrones - Season VII - July 16-2017

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Deuce66, Mar 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GregM

GregM The expanding man

I don't think a visual of a baby dwarf will be quite the devastating ending to Cercei that will do justice to the story.

2. Chris from Chicago

Chris from Chicago Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes

The Battle of the incestual fetuses. Or... feti.

Yeah. Still working that one out.

3. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

It seems obvious to me Martin wrote the "Targaryens inbreeding" tradition into the story so he could resolve everything with Jon and Daenerys marrying but maybe he has something else up his sleeve.

4. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

I made this point earlier. It is absolutely accepted within the Targaryen line. They didn't want to corrupt their bloodline except for necessary alliances through marriage (the Martell's for instance).

This brings up something else I was thinking of: why give us these involved stories of other houses (the Tyrells and Martells) only for them to play a ZERO role in terms of the final episodes? A bit of intrigue and revenge for Cersei but that's it. Besides establishing the power brokering and logistics of Westeros, these two houses, the Martells especially, seem somewhat superfluous.

Chris from Chicago likes this.
  5. Chris from Chicago

Chris from Chicago Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes

Spot on. It turns out the Tyrells and the Martells were just bit players in this story. They helped this journey get to its destination. Not much more. They did provide memorable characters. Lady Olenna and the Red Viper played nice roles. But it was never about them.

tommy-thewho and GodShifter like this.
  6. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

There's also the possibility that Targaryens can only 'breed' with Targaryens....
    seeing that Dani's child with Drago was all 'scaled', and 'stillborn'.
    Well.. I guess if a Stark and Targaryen can breed... maybe their distantly related...

7. John Moschella

John Moschella Senior Member

The thing is that if you only include story lines that are important in the end, the thing becomes too predictable. I don think you wold really want that.

Bolero, agentalbert and GodShifter like this.
  8. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

I agree. That's how you have a setting that seems like a fully fleshed out world. I find myself wondering what is going on in with these bit players in other parts of the world.

Bolero likes this.
  9. Squealy

It's a game of thrones ... games need winners and losers. The Martells and the Tyrells (and earlier the Baratheons) were the losers.

In book Westeros there are always aunts and uncles and nieces and nephews to keep the family names going, but because the show has trimmed out or not introduced any of these figures it appears three of these families, which have dominated the continent for centuries, have been totally wiped out in a year or two...

10. Squealy

The Martells may have a more substantial role left to play in the book series, but they really suffered on the show ... there just wasn't time to do anything but a very sketchy version of their storyline and it never clicked. (Though it doesn't help that it's a rather uninteresting corner of the books.) I think Benioff and Weiss just decided to cut their losses and kill everyone off.

11. vince

These 'smaller-families' are possibly the reason why there will be 4 'spin-offs'!

tommy-thewho likes this.
  12. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member Thread Starter

Game Revealed - Season 7 EP 1

13. vince

Will these only be on YouTube?

14. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member Thread Starter

I found this on the official Facebook page, it's also on their Twitter account. Sounds like it's part of a series, who knows maybe there will be extended versions for the Season 7 DVD-Blu box?

15. townsend

townsend Senior Member

16. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

I just read that for season 8, they are going to write and shoot multiple endings to try to prevent leaks and spoilers. My guess is that the actors may not even know what the real ending is going to be until right before the airing.

17. vince

Just like "Clue"!

18. townsend

townsend Senior Member

But won't all the different endings just be leaked, instead of one ending?:confused:

GentleSenator likes this.
  19. vince

I STILL SAY;
    Wouldn't be cheaper to just go all 'Jim Jarmusch', and make all the characters 'hang-out' for..... let's say, 3 episodes?
    No 'action', no 'dragons'......
    I assume there'll be some sort of 'meet-up' at Winterfell....

20. lschwart

lschwart Senior Member

How about a month or so of just marching, stopping to set up camp, marching again?

L.

21. vince

Still too expensive!
    How 'bout..... Gendry & Arya 'love connection'?

22. dmiller458

dmiller458 Forum Resident

What? Arya's love connection is with the Hound.

GentleSenator likes this.
  23. lschwart

lschwart Senior Member

I'm happy either way, as long as there's a dance number involved.

L.

inaptitude likes this.
  24. vince

too expensive!:laugh:

25. lschwart

lschwart Senior Member

Well, it doesn't have to involve dragons!

L.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.