Game of Thrones - Season VII - July 16-2017

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Deuce66, Mar 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

That would be cool. Other than Arya being back in Westeros, was there something in the episode I missed last night that indicated this will happen?

2. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

I caught a 'millisecond' of a dire wolf in the 'next-time-on.....' segment!

Chris from Chicago likes this.
  3. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

Is it just me or was anyone else hoping that Arya would stick the Needle in Ed?

jy3iix, goodiesguy, dbsea and 12 others like this.
  4. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Well you know where to look if you're not liking where Weiss and Benihoff are taking the story. They're in uncharted waters thanks to GRRM.

5. I had the closed captioning on, and it gave it away, since you couldn't see the character's face, it helpfully said Jorah: blah blah Dragon Queen blah blah.

6. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member Thread Starter

Ep I gets a solid 3/5 from me.

7. profholt82

profholt82 Resident Blowhard

All right. Technically every haircut that a man or woman can receive was probably popular at some point over the course of human history. I mean, there are only so many possible styles. It's just that the man bun is very popular right now, and I have never seen it on the show before, so it stuck out to me. Add to that the fact that the Hound made a wise crack about it.

8. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

Dragonstone looked terrific. They did a really good job with that. Totally convincing that it was an actual place. The dragons flying around, not so much.

dbsea and Chris from Chicago like this.
  9. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

They still have a "bible" from GRRM don't they?

10. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

I kinda get the feeling that GRRM and HBO are not in a good place. I understand that the producer's are supposedly working off of an outline provided by GRRM. But I've also read that he doesn't feel obligated or committed to any storylines not currently in print. He's gone so far as to say that the books may not follow the show, and might have a completely different ending! I wonder how much involvement, if any, does he have with the show at this point? Wouldn't surprise me if he did write an alternate story. I bet we won't see another GOT novel until after the series ends!

11. Jon Snow had a man bun last season.

12. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

It's my understanding that before the 5th season Martin stopped working with the producers as he wanted to "concentrate on finishing his book". He's really not had any involvement with the show since season 4. On his webpage he used to comment on the status of the series and how things were going; now, nothing. I tend to agree that HBO and Martin have had a falling out and, outside of his executive producer credit, he has no input to the show.

I believe he did give the producers an outline of how he saw the series going, but it's unknown how far that outline went in terms of furthering the story. He might have given big plot points but the rest of the narrative has been left up to Weiss and Benihoff. And, I agree, IF Martin ever finishes these books it's very likely we'll see a completely different ending than what the HBO series will give us, but, as I have harped many times, I wouldn't hold my breath for the novels to be finished. Ever.

Chris from Chicago likes this.
  13. P(orF)

P(orF) Forum Resident

This is a very interesting development for those who love fantasy series, this hybrid print/television production where the video series mirrors the print version and then takes over. It obviously only works with an unfinished series and apparently the next one in development is Patrick Rothfuss's Kvothe series that, like Martin's epic, seems dead in the water with fans clamoring for the next book, but no publication date anywhere on the horizon.

There are any number of completed fantasy series that would make excellent TV series - Robin Hobb has five terrific intertwined series, Joe Abercrombie has two with several complimentary stand alone novels - but the appeal of the HBO series may be due to the print version not being finished. The ratings keep rising, people want to know what happens next, and it's really hard to imagine that Martin, difficult as he finds writing to be, is going be able to summon the energy to grind out the remaining volumes.

GodShifter likes this.
  14. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

Just heard that Ed Sheeran just cancelled his Twitter account, apparently he was getting hammered for his appearance on GOT (it did feel kinda 'shoehorned' in!).

15. agentalbert

I wonder if Cersei is ever going to abandon the notion that Tyrion and Sansa were behind the assassination of Joffrey. As smart as she can be sometimes, its odd that she hasn't figure out it was Olenna, knowing that her daughter would almost certainly still be queen, but without being married to a monster.

16. Chris from Chicago

Chris from Chicago Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes

She is no dummy. But Tyrion was too convenient of a scape goat, would be my guess. As long as someone got caught, it might as well be the loathsome little brother of hers. She, in her hateful little bubble, also probably found Tyrion as more of an enemy than Olenna.

Way in the back of my currently overcast mind, why do I think that Littlefinger and a fake jewel on a necklace was also involved with Joffrey's death?

17. vince

No matter what we want to have happen....
    I'm sure Littlefinger gonna screw it up!

18. agentalbert

I could see her father not really caring that Tyrion was responsible and only caring that they had a trial and the public THINK they got the culprit. But you'd think Cersei would want to get the actual killers and with this much time passed she would have figured out it was Olenna. She was smart enough to suss that something was afoot when Olenna was just packing up and leaving King's Landing.

Maybe Olenna will delight in telling Cersei herself at some point.

19. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

never forget that cersei is a wino.

20. vince

here's my 'dream scenario' for future episodes: (not a spoiler, since I'm only guessing)
    when Jon get the message from Samm about the dragon glass,
    he sends Sansa & Brianne to go to meet Danni...
    AND, they take Littlefinger with them!
    WHY, you ask?
    a) the 'keep-your-enemies-closer' theory. He's always asking Sansa, "What can I do?"...Well, he can do THIS!
    b) the meeting/reuniting of Littlefinger and Vyris is ripe for awesome dialogue!

Finally,
    I would hope to see a little scene where Brianne wishes Tormond good luck before he leaves for the Wall!

21. Rubber65

Rubber65 Forum Resident

Nice little season opener. No complaints. Some lose ends tied up and everyone had their time on the screen. I would have liked to see a little more of Olenna and what she's planning on her end. Overall, good episode. Now things should start to really pick up in future episodes.

22. Chris from Chicago

Chris from Chicago Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes

Don't know if this has been addressed previously. But Stannis was hiding out at Dragonstone for a while. With his daughter. Shireen. I don't know if her grayscale was cured, exactly... but it was slowed. On Dragonstone. Where dragonglass is. Samwell just discovered, from Oldtown, there is a buttload of dragonglass on Dragonstone. Jorah is in Oldtown. This is my long winded way of wondering if dragonglass is the cure to Jorah's problem.

23. agentalbert

Something about that name was sticking in my head. Just realized Nymeria is the name of both Arya's direwolf that she ran off (thus dooming Sansa's direwolf) AND it's the name of the Sand Snake with a whip fetish.

[​IMG]

24. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

Isn't Samwell technically the first man to kill a White Walker in almost eight thousand years? You'd think more would be made of that.

ianuaditis and vince like this.
  25. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

that's kind of the theme of the story, right? all of these sh***y people are so wrapped up in their selfishness that they have no time to pay attention to the real threat.

vince and Chris from Chicago like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.