GANGS OF NEW YORK booklet question

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by FredCamp, Jul 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FredCamp

FredCamp Senior Member Thread Starter

I think we're starting to see a trend among recent dvd releases, so this will be the last time I ask this question. But, is there a booklet included with the Gangs of New York dvd?

2. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

No, no booklet. Just 2 discs and a white peice of paper.

This is the latest trend in DVD's. Forego the insert or booklet, let the DVD do the talking.

3. Jefhart

Jefhart Senior Member

A White Piece Of Paper?? You got a white piece of paper:realmad:

I got bupkis, well 2 DVDs, but nothing else.:)

Jeff

4. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

Watched this one last night.

I hate to sound like a video snob, but the transfer had a terrible amount of edge-enhancement. It drove me crazy and took away a lot of the enjoyment for me.

Why did this release need to use two dual-layer discs to fit a 167 minute movie? That's like 18Gigs!

5. FredCamp

FredCamp Senior Member Thread Starter

I thought the 2 disc format was to preserve a higher bit rate, but I could be wrong. The edge enhancement is noticable, but also typical of Miramax releases of late so, therefore, expected. NOW I WANT MY FRIGGIN' WHITE PIECE OF PAPER.:)

6. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

If the two disc concept was used properly, with a good transfer and no EE, I'd have no issues with using two discs. Glad I rented this one.

Sorry, can't help you with the paper :)

7. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

And a lovely peice of white paper it is. Worth tracking down :D

8. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

No booklet or the case of the shrinking booklet...Rocky 1, 2, 4 had 8 page booklets now down to 2 for Rocky 1 and 1 insert card for 2 & 4...At least now Rocky 4 is 16X9 and fixed!:thumbsup:

9. AKA

AKA Senior Member

I'm getting sick of edge enhancement. Steve, I think you should go into video mastering!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.