Garage hounds - Sonics comp listed at Ace!!!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by indy mike, Jul 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. indy mike

indy mike Forum Pest Thread Starter

Yeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!
    Big Beat/Ace just put up their August listing of new releases - as promised by Alec Palao, the upgraded with genuine master tape sound/stereo from the 2 track session tapes Sonics' comp Psycho-Sonics has appeared!!!! I have gotta track this down, as the Required Etiquette comp from a few months back had a few of those Sonics' tunes in ultra-megakill bone crushing sound....
    :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

2. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Cool! I had the original Ace Sonics and the sound quality was horrible! I can't imagine the Sonics sounding great! Thanks Mike for this great news!

3. Ed Bishop

Ed Bishop Incredibly, I'm still here

The rumors are true, then....excellent!!:) ;)

ED:cool:

4. Michael

Never a rumor...but a promise, as it was on Ace's roster for years...Finally coming to pass.:thumbsup:

5. indy mike

It took a LOT of patience and persistence to pry the Etiquette tapes loose; pony up and buy this monster!!!

6. Michael

Being a fan of this band, not a second thought needed! I hope this lives up to the hype! Oh Yea!:thumbsup:

7. indy mike

As Mr. Roslie bellowed "Whoooooooooooa yeah, he's waitin', he's waitin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" :D

8. Dr. O'Boogie

Dr. O'Boogie Forum Resident

Links

Any links out there giving some background on this comp (tapes used, etc.)?

I'm a HUGE Sonics fan. Have been ever since Eddie Vedder played them on one of the Self-Pollution radio shows that Pearl Jam did.

Actually met the man himself and had a nice conversation about the Sonics and the poor job done on some of the WHO remasters. Great guy to talk with....:D

9. indy mike

Re: Links

I pester Alec Palao at Ace/Big Beat and he's the one responsible for a lotta cool garage band comps, including the dig through the Etiquette vaults. If you don't have it yet, get Required Etiquette on Big Beat - you'll find an extended version of Psycho and Boss Hoss in stereo (!), an alternate take of The Witch with some evil slide geetar work, and some other ass kickin' monsters from the Etiquette roster. As for the Pyscho-Sonic upgrade, the 2 track session tapes were used when possible (about half the comp is now stereo) - I don't think the stereo masters have been used since the original vinyl was issued. If the Required Etiquette set is any indication, you'll like the sound!

Anybody out in Hoffmanland scored the revamped Psycho-Sonic set yet? I can't find anyone online with it in stock yet....

10. Lon

Lon Senior Member

It's on preorder at www.amazon.co.uk. They have pretty fast service.
    Can't wait!

I have an older Sonics cd from the late '80's? ( I believe) from France on the Fan Club label. It has the first two albums on it and half of it is in stereo although it may have been vinyl dubs for all I know.

11. guy incognito

guy incognito Senior Member

12. reechie

reechie Senior Member

The Essential Etiquette comp was great, and The Sonics cuts sounded excellent on that one. Looks like I'll be getting this one too.

Now, could someone find a stereo Wailers "Out Of Our Tree?"

13. indy mike

I had that disc - use it for a drink coaster - the new one will smoke every cd you've heard with the Tacoma Terrors!!!! Vinyl dubs - yep - I don't think that Etiquette licensed it to them (I believe that it was a non official release)... ;)

14. jamesmaya

jamesmaya Senior Member

Any word yet on that Big Beat/Ace comp of The Sonics?

All I have is the CD of their debut album HERE ARE THE SONICS!!! remastered by Bob Irwin on the Norton label.

Jim W.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.