Gemini Man - Will Smith (2) - Ang Lee Oct 2019

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Deuce66, Apr 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member Thread Starter

It will probably win some tech awards for the CGI and 120fps work.

alexpop likes this.
  2. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Still waiting for I Robot 2 and I Am Legend 2.Not that bothered with Suicide Squad 2. :)

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
  3. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

Okay, so do I get that, people cloned him 25 years ago, and sent him to the future to prevent a cataclysmic occurrence (because I'm guessing, the "mystery" dude is 25 years younger than the protagonist,right?)?

How does a dude with 25 less years experience than the guy he's trying to befuddle, succeed in befuddling him? Is time now traveling backwards, or is it just a movie that was originally intended for Tom Cruise...?

Also, nice to see T-Pain getting some soundtrack work...(really looking forward to the inevitable "25 Things Wrong With 'Gemini Man'" YouTube rant).

4. recoverydog

recoverydog Forum Resident

It’s Will Smith. It will suck.

Strat-Mangler likes this.
  5. Deuce66

You'll be waiting a while longer for the first two if they even get made, he's not in SS2.

6. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Pass on it regardless.

7. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

8. Deuce66

I'm not too pumped about this either, it looks like it might be more of tech exercise than anything. (WETA Digital, shooting at 120 fps)

Strat-Mangler likes this.
  9. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

Oooh, does this mean there's probably gonna be a Todd-AO format version for the Criterion Edition...? :goodie:

10. Deuce66

Trailer #2

11. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Doesn't Ang Lee's involvement give people hope it'll be more than just another brainless sci-fi/action extravaganza?

12. Just another hackneyed way to allow an actor to actor against himself. I would say that the idea isn't bad but it's been done before and it's been in science fiction literature for years.

Ang Lee, you're our only hope! (wait, wrong film, wrong person oh well). Lee always makes even crap interesting so we will see.

carrick doone and Zoot Marimba like this.
  13. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I disagree! I like Will. Give it a chance.

Zoot Marimba likes this.
  14. robertawillisjr

robertawillisjr Music Lover

Yeah Will Smith has been in a few clunkers (haven't all actors?) but he has also been in some very good movies and excelled in them. YMMV.

I've decided to wait and see.

15. George Co-Stanza

George Co-Stanza Forum Resident

Will Smith is good, but I saw the trailer for this today (it was one of like 19 that was shown before Once Upon a Time in Hollywood) and it looked like a stinker.

16. Michael Rose

Michael Rose Forum Resident

The profile of young Will is already in the uncanny valley territory.

17. smarone313

smarone313 Forum Resident

As a regular movie goer, I have watched the trailers for this movie for months as it’s been attached to virtually everything......likely spent longer with the trailer than the length of the actual movie. I will not see it just based on being totally annoyed.

18. tman53

tman53 Vinyl is an Addiction

Will Smith has become a caricature of himself in most all of his recent films, even more so in any action film he's been in. Not for me.

19. razerx

razerx Forum Resident

But this movie features himself and a caricature of himself at the same time.

tman53 likes this.
  20. tman53

tman53 Vinyl is an Addiction

Ha, ha, that's double the reason for me not to see it.

razerx likes this.
  21. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Huh - I thought it'd be 2 wrongs making a right! ;)

22. I have some vague hope this could be nearly as good as Looper, but I'm not holding my breath.

That said, if the reviews are good (or even generally good), I might be temped.

My wife and I caught Looper on cable (or more likely 'on-demand' maybe, I forget, it was 6+ years ago) -- something we rarely do, because we both really prefer seeing movies in theaters. On paper, Looper was definitely not the kind of movie my wife normally likes much (so I'm sure I picked it out one weekend to watch, probably in the middle of a blizzard or something). But my wife actually liked it a fair bit, and I did too.

So, yeah, maybe. (Or just as easily, maybe not.)

23. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Looks okay. The stinker trailer before Once Upon a Time in Hollywood was some
    Melissa McCarthy gangster
    Movie. Wt?

24. Deuce66

The younger version is done via performance capture.

25. lbangs

lbangs Senior Member

It is horribly sad seeing the names Ang Lee and Jerry Bruckheimer appear on the same film...

Shalom, y’all!

L. Bangs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.