Gene Clark SACD of unreleased recordings

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by PeteH, Apr 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spitfire

Spitfire Senior Member

Got an e-mail last night asking which number I had on my SACD so I could get a matching numbers deluxe set. Shipped today.

richierichie likes this.
  2. JimmieP

JimmieP Forum Resident

For UK people, I asked John to confirm if mine (LP) had shipped and had this reply:

"your order was shipped but like several others have not made it to the UK, I will resend and hope the first will be returned as there have been issues with DHL process of relabeling the packages and leaving out the postal code especially for the UK."

So I guess they're coming, just hold tight...

3. Azura

Azura Felis silvestris grampia, factum ex trabibus ferro

"like several others have not made it to the UK"

So has anyone here in the UK received the vinyl? Presumably, based on JimmieP's comments, you do not get a mail saying it has been shipped. (All I have had is one confirmation e-mail that they received the order and I had to ask before I got that.)

4. BawBag

BawBag Forum Resident

I DM'd the label on Twitter at the weekend and got a reply telling me to email John. Which I did, twice, with no response. I sent another DM and they replied saying they'd look into it

I don't believe they're doing any of this deliberately but a bit of communication that isn't basically 'the dog ate my homework' would be nice.

5. PretzelLogic

PretzelLogic Feeling duped by MoFi? You probably deserve it.

Yeah, I'm starting to feel less charitable about this whole thing, especially since I paid back in July. I truly believed the last mailout about sending the orders at the start of March was going to be the last hurdle, but if they can't even get the address labels right, I'm concerned this thing will never show up.

And it's too late to submit a dispute with PayPal. I might just write and ask for a refund to see what that gets me.

6. sunspot

sunspot Forum Resident

I recieved this email on Feb 27th. I responded with a yes, please send. I got a response saying he would.....but alas, nothing has turned up. I emailed a week or two ago to see if it had been shipped but got no response.

I regret that due to my computer being out for more than an week I have been unable to respond to emails sent to the address above. I no longer have access to those previous emails so this email newsletter hopefully will answer most if not all the inquiries that were made these past few weeks.

IMPORTANT: There are still a small handful of you that have yet to receive the first part of the Gene Clark Ultimate Limited Edition, the hybrid SACD with the 2 song bonus CD. Sadly, most of them were returned undelivered, sometimes damaged by the postal services. Those of you who did not receive them, they are being reshipped via a faster service and now with tracking.

The balance of your order (Phase 2) of the Ultimate Limited Edition will finally be shipping. However, there were more delays which I will explain going forward. First the good news, the 2 LP audiophile 200 gram vinyl records did arrive! I also took delivery of the specially constructed heavy duty shipping box that will be used for mailing.

However, in preparing the set, I discovered that the MP3 Digital Download card was NOT Gene Clark but some nondescript 90's rock music. The corrected digital download card have just arrived. This time they are correct with the 24 original tracks + 6 bonus tracks (from the 2 bonus CDs) from the Clark album. I now have to replace all the bad cards with the proper cards.

But the DVD with the 1985 interview with Gene Clark had to be remastered and his now at the local DVD replication plant with delivery set now for March 13th. At that time, I will start shipped your full order unless you would like me to ship just the 2 LP vinyl set now and ship the DVD interview disc after March 13th? There will be no additional charge for extra shipping. If prefer that I do that, please reply only "Yes" to the special email address set up for just that request:

[email protected]

Again, only respond at that specific address if you want me to send the 2 LP set this week, the DVD interview disc later.

7. Graham

Graham Senior Member

I paid 13 months ago and am starting to get irritated if that postcode thing is true. What is galling is seeing all the Instagram posts by Sierra of good reviews for this set.

8. beccabear67

beccabear67 Musical omnivore.

Still nothing here at the other end of I-5, no emails either. :shake:

9. Noise Annoys

Noise Annoys Forum Resident

I replied to the Send LP Now email address on February 28th. Nothing delivered here in Ireland as of April 7th. To be honest, if the vinyl comes, that's fine, but if it doesn't I'll just be happy to get a refund.

Suffice to say, after all the delays etc., I won't be ordering from Sierra again. I know there will be a few people on here who will say that good things come to those who wait, Sierra is a one-man operation...
    But frankly, as a business transaction, this has left a lot to be desired.

swedgin, JeffreyB and Graham like this.
  10. Moray

Moray Forum Resident

I'm certainly glad I went for the CD only option, so I can listen to that without any annoyance at the long(er) wait for the vinyl. Hope you all get it soon.

11. richierichie

richierichie My glass is always full.

Well, I for one take that as `GOOD NEWS`.

I suspect that this may be the last project undertaken by John. I ordered and paid as soon as this Special Edition was announced and I`m not worried. Yes there is a lot to be desired and this project seems to have been hit by a multitude of mishaps, I don`t know what else to say. I`m patient but I can also understand the frustration of others, now where`s that SACD...

Dennis Metz likes this.
  12. Spitfire

Spitfire Senior Member

Got my vinyl and 4 song bonus CD. Still to come is the DVD and Certificate of Authenticity. Man what a messed up release.

13. Billy Bird

Billy Bird Forum Resident

Still nothing to this UK purchaser.

14. PretzelLogic

PretzelLogic Feeling duped by MoFi? You probably deserve it.

This is mildly reassuring, but I'm not holding my breath now. Let's check back in a fortnight to see how this new shipping has gone...

15. Azura

Azura Felis silvestris grampia, factum ex trabibus ferro

I just got this which is reassuring to me as I have only had an order confirmation mail previously. Fingers crossed.

16. beccabear67

beccabear67 Musical omnivore.

Me three. It helps to hear something directly. I feel bad there have been so many problems. Hopefully he can get a vacation of some sort afterward to recover. I still have never emailed asking so this thread at least may've helped him in that regard.

17. sjaca

sjaca Forum Resident

What I don't understand is why he continued to use DHL for the lp & ULE shipments, after the fiasco with the SACD shipments?

18. Misterroper

Misterroper Forum Resident

For what it's worth, I emailed Sierra this morning to make sure they still had my updated delivery address after the email problems he experienced. I got a reply from him about 30 minutes later saying he did. I don't blame any of you for complaining that this is taking a long time. But I think it's a little short-sighted to suggest that what was promised might not ever be delivered. ESPECIALLY, when most of us here have already received the CD portion of the set. I think that's evidence enough that Sierra is operating in good faith.

19. S Bindra

S Bindra Well-Known Member

I'm still slightly confused. That email was for non-US orders. So are US orders out the door? Even with the DVD or we are still waiting for that?
    I'm in NYC and haven't received the LP yet or had any email communications in a while.

20. S Bindra

S Bindra Well-Known Member

Just got the mass email from John saying DVD at the plant. He should get the DVD in two weeks then start shipping out the orders.

21. bubba-ho-tep

bubba-ho-tep Resident Ne'er-Do-Well

Maybe John should get some help? If this is indeed a one-man operation then this can't be anything close to easy for him given his recent health issues.

22. joshbg2k

joshbg2k Forum Resident

It seems like he is avoiding use of all the technology available today that would have made his job a lot easier.

23. sublemon

sublemon Forum Resident

what he was saying is the artwork is fugly

24. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

Just another in a long line of mistakes. And DHL is pretty widely known as one of the worst shipping companies in the world. Have been for years.

Or having anybody help him. Poor business strategy. No other way around saying it. Especially for a release this big.

25. milankey

milankey Forum Resident

Got another e-mail yesterday with more explanations on the delays, I'll put it in a folder with all the other similar previous e-mails.

sberger likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.