Gene Clark SACD of unreleased recordings

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by PeteH, Apr 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. indigo_m

indigo_m @Neon_Brambles

I loved the interview, LOVED it! So nice to see Gene talking about his work. Some of the photos are amazing, especially the ones with Dylan which I had never seen before and the photos of The Gene Clark Group.

E.Jonker likes this.
  2. PretzelLogic

PretzelLogic Feeling duped by MoFi? You probably deserve it.

There was something in Timeless Flight Revisited (which I can't find right now) about him having gum disease (due to his excesses) that made it painful to enunciate and sing. I recall a quote from Jim Dickson about him forcing Gene to sing the word 'probably' in the remake of 'Feel A Whole Lot Better' as he was leaving it out, as it was physically painful to sing.

indigo_m likes this.
  3. Alien Reg

Alien Reg Forum Resident

Yes, I recall the gum disease story. I think they managed to fix him up, teeth-wise, then he knocked them all out in a car smash soon after. I remember there being not many specific dates in a lot of the 80s Gene section of Timeless Flight - it was difficult to match events in his life to his recordings - hopefully the new book will provide some clarification.

4. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

Still nothing here:cheers::cheers:

5. AppleCorpse

AppleCorpse Forum Resident

Nothing here either!

6. sunspot

sunspot Forum Resident

I would be asking for a full refund at this stage. It beggars belief.

7. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

Getting stuff to Canada seems to be a huge problem for him. Does he fail to fill out customs info or something?

8. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

You would think he would have figured it out by now. It's not that complicated :cheers:

sberger likes this.
  9. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

Actually I think I recall he was going to declare a lower value for customs. Maybe this has caused a few issues....

10. Byrdman77

Byrdman77 Forum Resident

It's there a little on Nyteflyte tracks and everything after, getting progressively worse throughout the years

11. richierichie

richierichie My glass is always full.

That Tom Petty song has been an ear worm since I left for a holiday in Greece on Tuesday, just gone.

I'm not complaining, I paid for it a long, long time ago. So I look upon it's arrival as a bonus, which brings me to the point of my post, I bet it comes while I'm away and the bloody Post Office return after their mandatory 7 days! I have good neighbours who will hold on to it if it arrives, I just hope it ain't Don next door, the poor guy has Alzheimer's and he won't remember where he put it!

I am of course referring to that 12" of wax.

12. kyodo_dom

kyodo_dom Forum Resident

Here's an update for anyone else hanging in there, waiting for his/her copy of the deluxe edition + DVD. I received an email this morning from John Delgatto saying that my copy had been returned to sender, but was being reshipped via Atlas International Mail Inc. rather than the USPS.

Mr. Delgatto also thinks he knows why some of the packages didn't get through...quote below:

'Lastly, one possible issue with the original shipment might have been the specially printed LP vinyl boxes that we had produced. It seems that the postal services "took aim" at these special boxes to see if they could be damaged. I have upgrade the box containing the LP vinyl to a newer style of shipping box with extra protection and no printing on the outside, which will solve that possible problem.'

13. Revolver

Revolver Forum Resident

The saga continues...

Haven't some people had theirs for a couple of months?

indigo_m likes this.
  14. Smith

Smith I'm cyanide over you.

Dude has cash flow problems and is making up (terrible) stories.

I do like this new one though, wherein an evil postal service enraged by the strange printing on the outside of his seemingly indestructible mailers engages in a bizarre seek and destroy mission to prove to themselves that Delgatto hadn't finally invented a way to put an end to their heretofore unchallenged box-smashing operations.

I can picture them cautiously gathering around the first package, tentatively reaching out to run their hands over the special printing, softly grunting encouragement at each other, each man hoping he would be the one to find the first weakness.

15. Revolver

Revolver Forum Resident

LOL

It's kind of amazing that both shipments (to me, anyway) have been delayed by vague issues caused by the USPS.

16. Tom Favata

Tom Favata tbuick6

Just got my Sierra 2017 Sampler CD today for signing up as a Gold Club Member. Listening to Misty Morning as I type this. Really nice!

indigo_m likes this.
  17. Rob Jenkins

Rob Jenkins Forum Resident

Doesn't bode well for the UK then!

Never mind, I only paid $80.
    In March.

Lost In The Flood likes this.
  18. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

I have defended him here and given him the benefit of the doubt until now. I don't think his intention is or was to keep the money and not deliver, but this last story makes no sense and my patience has finally worn out.

Revolver likes this.
  19. Mark Snowden

Mark Snowden Forum Resident

I've received the same message.

20. August1954

August1954 Forum Resident

Similar story here. I did email Mr Delgatto on 30th August requesting an update but sadly no reply.

Also, I've not received the latest update, so it doesn't look promising.

21. sunspot

sunspot Forum Resident

I'm sorry to add to this misery but when I recieved no DVD (and only the LP after a lot of chasing), I had no replies to emails for weeks. Then I got one claiming my package had been returned twice, which of course makes you think why he didn't contact me to let me know; then he said he posted the DVD and low and behold it turned up 4 days later with no problems whatsoever. Yes, I am glad I finally got it but the excuses just became embaressing. There is now way it was returned twice and then all of a sudden a successful delivery at the third attempt with no issues whatsoever. I have no words for the comment about a mail service having a "possible issue with a specially printed LP box".

I feel the grievance from those who haven't recieved anything. I hope it works out in the end.

22. Revolver

Revolver Forum Resident

Exact same situation with me. He didn't respond to my inquiry from the other day and I did not get that update either.

23. Graham

Graham Senior Member

I received the LP a couple of months ago but no DVD. Is everyone due a DVD?

To be honest, I can't be bothered to chase given it took 15 months from payment to receiving the record.

24. Spitfire

Spitfire Senior Member

My DVD finally came. It took a while.

25. joshbg2k

joshbg2k Forum Resident

If somebody wants my LP, PM me. I played it once and it's cool, but won't listen to it over his studio albums.

rubberhead and Revolver like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.