Gene Clark SACD of unreleased recordings

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by PeteH, Apr 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. indigo_m

indigo_m @Neon_Brambles

You know, I'm not sure. I'll have to compare. It most likely would be, but I'll try and find out.

2. hallucalation

hallucalation Forum Resident

No, it's single mix.

indigo_m likes this.
  3. indigo_m

indigo_m @Neon_Brambles

There you go - thank you!

4. robcar

robcar Forum Resident

Seems strange that they would do a special single mix for that track when the first single from the album just used the regular mono LP versions (and flopped).

5. indigo_m

indigo_m @Neon_Brambles

"Echoes" was recorded and released earlier than the rest of the album I believe. There were also two producers for that record.

pablo fanques and Mechanical Man like this.
  6. robcar

robcar Forum Resident

Definitely was released ahead of the album but I think it was recorded at the same time.

7. Dok

Dok Senior Member

8. Toddarino

Toddarino Total Hunk

I know most people bought this a while ago but I figured I’d try.
    I bought the set with everything and was wondering if anyone remembers if it was wrapped in plastic?
    I’m stuck at work and it just got delivered. Bad news is it’s supposed to rain all day.

9. The Elephant Man

The Elephant Man Forum Resident

Mine was not wrapped in plastic.

Toddarino likes this.
  10. Mr. D

Mr. D Forum Resident

Just got an email from Sierra Records that the Lost Studio Sessions are now available for digital download.

At first, I thought it was news of the digital download for the Back Street Mirror E.P.

Guess we'll have to wait a little longer for that one.

Hep Alien and indigo_m like this.
  11. Graham

Graham Senior Member

I just got that email too. Are there exclusive tracks on the Back Street Mirror EP is one has the Lost Sessions 2LP and is getting the new Omnivore 2LP?

12. Clarkophile

Clarkophile Through the Morning, Through the Night

Yes. Four of the six tracks on the BSM E.P. are unavailable on The Lost Studio Sessions and Sings For You.
    There are two completely different recordings of the song ‘Yesterday, Am I Right’: the one on SFY is a straightforward ballad, the E.P. version is jazzy baroque pop, with Hugh Masekela.

13. Clarkophile

Clarkophile Through the Morning, Through the Night

I can’t get over the wealth of material that we’ve seen released over the last couple of years. I know I’ve said it before but this is an extraordinary time to be a Gene Clark fan.

With these three releases, that makes nearly 50 (!) previously unreleased songs that are finally coming to light. I’m still in a kind of daze about it all. It’s a lot to process.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
  14. indigo_m

indigo_m @Neon_Brambles

Wow, when you put it that way...geez... he was pretty good that Gene Clark, wasn't he?? :agree:;)

15. Tom Favata

Tom Favata tbuick6

Anybody here receive their Gene Clark Sings For You yet? The release date was the 15th. I pre-ordered directly from Omnivore in May and have not even received a shipping notice. My friend spotted a copy in a record store in Danbury, CT on Friday so I know it has definitely been released. When I inquired about the status of my order I received this:
    "Unfortunately we are still waiting on stock to arrive to us from the manufacturer. As soon as we receive stock, all orders will ship out immediately. Would you like to leave your order open until that time? Sorry for the wait and inconvenience."
    This seems odd as I ordered directly from Omnivore. Aren't they the manufacturer?? Are they waiting to ship to themselves before shipping to me??

beartrackrecords likes this.
  16. bubba-ho-tep

bubba-ho-tep Resident Ne'er-Do-Well

That is strange. I received both the vinyl and CD from Bullmoose (vinyl on Thursday, CD yesterday).

17. beartrackrecords

beartrackrecords Forum Resident

Cancel that order! I'll pick you up one from Danbury today!

Tom Favata likes this.
  18. Tom Favata

Tom Favata tbuick6

Thanks for the offer my friend, but I am set. Cancelled my order with Omnivore and ordered from Best Buy, saving 10 bucks in the process.

beartrackrecords likes this.
  19. E_Braunn_Fan

E_Braunn_Fan Forum Resident

The Lost Studio Sessions SACD is available right now on eBay from ImportCDs for only $21.08 with free shipping. Plus, you can save an additional 20% on your full order if you spend over $60 on other eligible items.

A great deal for anyone who hasn't purchased this album yet.

indigo_m and Clarkophile like this.
  20. indigo_m

indigo_m @Neon_Brambles

It is also available as a digital download from Sierra Records for $14.98.

Clarkophile likes this.
  21. art

art Senior Member

Everyone got the SACD of Clark's White Light on Intervention too, right? So good.

PhantomStranger and indigo_m like this.
  22. Newscot

Newscot Forum Resident

Or $18.84 at WoWHD Gene Clark The Lost Studio Sessions 1964-1982 on WOW HD US (or £14.13) with postage included

23. lightbulb

lightbulb Not the Brightest of the Bunch

Yesterday, I received an email from Sierra Records with the below message:

Thanks to GoEmerchant.com, which has provided and hosted the Sierra Records Mail Order online site since 2004, the webstore remains open for a few more days. Until it is officially closed, you can NOW take an incredible 40% discount on the entire current online catalog including a few remaining copies of rare low number editions of our Gene Clark vinyl releases.

You have one last shot at ordering online any titles offered by going to:

http://sierrarecords.goestores.com/

This includes the now out of print Suite Steel-The Pedal Steel Album CD, as a few copies remaining available but it is first come, first serve.“

Hep Alien likes this.
  24. Mark Snowden

Mark Snowden Forum Resident

That's crappy mp3 tho'

25. Ram4

Ram4 Lookin' good

I know you posted this months ago but it truly is unbelievable to think that we just got nearly 50 unreleased Gene songs in the last couple of years! Sings For You has exceeded my expectations. The quality is much better than I ever thought it would be, the songs are much better than I thought they'd be, and there are even strings on it! The poor taste in drumming on a few songs doesn't detract though the lead guitar on one of the songs is pretty awful. I sure hope they keep things coming that we are not aware of!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.