Gene Simmons box set

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Floyd fan 71, Mar 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vamborules

vamborules Forum Resident

He seems to think any mention of the 'home experience' confuses the issue. Like, if that's even mentioned at all everyone will think the box costs $50,000. I guess in his mind the promo tour is to sell the 'cheap' ones and everyone should just get on board and shut up about the other ones. That's why he gets irritated every time it's brought up. He doesn't want it mentioned because he thinks it will hurt sales. It's kind of funny and definitely very 'Gene' of him to think all the interviewers are there only to serve his purpose.

In any case, it looks like he wasn't just putting on a show with that email thing. The site does look different since the last time I looked at it. The 'basic' vault is up at the top and you have to scroll down to see the other options, where before they were all sided by side.

2. knob twirler

knob twirler Senior Member

He might buy the box. But then he would make a 1000 copies of the box contents, and make Tommy Thayer drive to rock concert venue parking lots in a licensed KISS Ice Cream Truck and sell them to drunken goobers for 500 dollars each. Discounting the 2000 for the initial box and, say, thirteen thousand in licensing fees and production costs, another five grand for truck rental, gasoline, motel and Tommy's salary for that 10 days or so on the road, and Gene nets 480,000.00 US.

Matthew Tate and zphage like this.
  3. vamborules

Sean, eddiel, Curveboy and 3 others like this.
  4. sandimascharvel

sandimascharvel Forum Resident

Samples of several songs are playing on the site including "Christine Sixteen". Some of the songs sound pretty cool. The volume is pretty loud when you open the page. Don't know if that's a possible indication of the mastering levels? Regardless, I don't have $2,000 in spare change laying around. I'm very happy they did a nice job on the Kiss hi res remasters though.

Still no Vault track list from what I see. Lots of dates scheduled. That will be quite a nice amount of $ if those dates get fully booked with people buying.

http://www.genesimmonsvault.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIjLLv3vTW1gIVh1uGCh1DQQUCEAAYASAAEgKmQPD_BwE

Curveboy and Matthew Tate like this.
  5. Floyd fan 71

Floyd fan 71 Forum Resident Thread Starter

i want it real bad but for 2 k ? pass

johnny q likes this.
  6. SizzleVonSizzleton

SizzleVonSizzleton The Last Yeti

It's very sad (pathetic, annoying....) that Bob Dylan has a new box set out and people are talking about it and debating it. Metallica has a huge box set coming out this month too and again it'll be interesting to hear the back and forth about what's included. With just a quick look I see Dylan's is full priced at $205 and the Metallica one can be had for $171. The Dylan set has a 2 cd option while the Metallica one has a 3 cd option.

No talk to be had for Gene's box set 'cause no one has it!:shrug:

Jimmy B. and Matthew Tate like this.
  7. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

I think he's sold less than 325 of the $2,000 so far, according to a KISSFaq member.

Floyd fan 71 and Curveboy like this.
  8. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member

Wow. Impressed there was one.

Jimmy B., Floyd fan 71, Sean and 3 others like this.
  9. Runicen

Runicen Forum Resident

I'm quite surprised at that figure...

Frankly, he's already broken even at this point given the markup. :rolleyes:

Matthew Tate likes this.
  10. nodeerforamonth

nodeerforamonth Consistently misunderstood

$140.

SizzleVonSizzleton likes this.
  11. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

Maybe Jimmy Page will persoanly deliver a Yardirds album right to my front door!:uhhuh:(sorry diehard guys,this is just getting too serious!)

12. He will only deliver it through the out door.

13. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

If they contracted to get 5,000 of these sets built and manufactured I don't think they're even close to break even at this point. Also they have to take these things on tour for delivery to fans, that's going to cost a few bucks.

14. punkmusick

punkmusick Amateur drummer

I suppose there would be no difference in paying $20, $200 or $2000 in Gene Simmons' wallet. He probably won't notice the difference.

15. Black Thumb

Black Thumb Yah Mo B There

Here's a new unboxing (unvaulting?) video showing you what's in this thing.

Curveboy and sandimascharvel like this.
  16. Floyd fan 71

Floyd fan 71 Forum Resident Thread Starter

I turned it off when I saw the Gene Simmons “ business man “ doll come out of the box lol. Kidding of course

17. Black Thumb

I was expecting one of these:
    [​IMG]

18. vamborules

19. johnny q

johnny q Forum Resident

"Lunch with Gene at one of his favorite NYC restaurants."

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

"Brought to you by Old Spice."

eddiel and sunking101 like this.
  20. rswitzer

rswitzer Forum Resident

** Also included: "Sit down with Gene as the two of you reminisce about the women in Gene's life (and the lack thereof in yours) as you page through the photos in his Polaroid collection."

21. Black Thumb

"Must be a Sam's Club member".

:laughup::laughup::laughup::laughup::laughup:

If I'm dropping 13k, I'd expect something a bit ritzier.

johnny q likes this.
  22. tim185

tim185 Forum Resident

Come on Man, Gene $$immon$ was a multi millionaire in the 1970's. You CAN go too far.

23. The doll roots around your house, checking out your wife and daughter (s), and will only leave upon receiving a 20% tip.

Floyd fan 71 likes this.
  24. ShockControl

ShockControl Bon Vivant and Raconteur!

25. Darrin L.

Darrin L. Forum Resident

Such an inflated sense of self.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.