Gene Simmons box set

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Floyd fan 71, Mar 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rswitzer

rswitzer Forum Resident

I'd spend some time with this Jean Simmons. Especially if she called me "Spartacus"!

2. sunking101

sunking101 Forum Resident

Yeah, 150 dreadful songs for $10k.:rolleyes:
    I did love the "Will Gene clean my house?" question. Hehe. Can you imagine forking out all that dough, then GS turns up expecting to be treated like a King for an hour but you say "You're my bee-atch now Gene, put this pinny on and go scrub my bathroom." :D

krock2009 and nodeerforamonth like this.
  3. sunking101

sunking101 Forum Resident

So you can't see the shame in his eyes when he sees you trying not to laugh at his realistic human hair.

4. Jimmy B.

Jimmy B. Be yourself or don't bother. Anti-fascism.

Seems like it's always musicians who won't notice the difference who are charging the worst amounts for things.
    It's sickening.

5. Combination

Combination Forum Resident

If the information on the website is correct, the "Producer Experience" dates should pretty much be overwith by now.

Did anyone even purchase this?

6. vamborules

vamborules Forum Resident

One guy so far..that I know of anyway.

Marble Index likes this.
  7. dave9199

dave9199 Forum Resident

Gene responds: "Incorrect. There is not enough. There is never enough."

Dudley Morris likes this.
  8. Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station Master Guns

Who knew that Governor Christie was such a big KISS/Gene fan?

9. Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station Master Guns

In a way they are, though. People don't do interviews because they want interviewers to ask them difficult, personal questions or to make them look bad or anything. They do interviews as a marketing tool. Folks are trying to sell/plug something. The interviewer is just a channel to get their marketing message across--and they interviews are generally set up by a marketing department or PR firm, etc. If interviewers are not going to cooperate in that, there's no motivation for the celebrity to bother with that interviewer. They can just bypass that person and go to someone else who will better cooperate or they can choose other methods of marketing.

So if folks want celebrities to do their TV shows, podcasts, interviews for print publications, etc. they need to be cognizant of this. Of course, celebrities also know that the interview can't seem too much like "simply an advertisement" or that will dissipate the audience for that show, publication, etc. So they tolerate some non-marketing content. But there's a balance that has to be struck, and celebrities have no motivation to tolerate a lack of cooperation or someone more or less ambushing/sabotaging them. Meanwhile, shows, publications, etc. do have a need to cater to celebrities, because that's content that the audience wants.

nodeerforamonth likes this.
  10. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

I think he did 2 of them.

11. Exile On My Street

Exile On My Street Senior Member

12. I doubt it - the charges are insubstantial enough to be considered a waste of the court's time to try, although in the current climate who knows.

Anyway, I can't see how Simmons could deny such charges without completely ruining his image as a boor.

bubba-ho-tep and Matthew Tate like this.
  13. Runicen

Runicen Forum Resident

I don't know, "I may be a pig, but even I wouldn't touch her," would start things off with a bang...

Honestly, I don't even know where to begin with most of these stories coming out anymore. Due process is a thing and making someone uncomfortable isn't a crime. If it were, I'd have at least a solid quarter of humanity locked away for the rest of their natural existences... :laugh:

izgoblin and violetvinyl like this.
  14. Is that similar to: "I may be a KISS fan, but even I wouldn't buy that box set!"? :laugh:

Runicen likes this.
  15. sandimascharvel

sandimascharvel Forum Resident

16. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

17. BlueSpeedway

BlueSpeedway YES, I'M A NERD

Is there any more delivery photos and footage?

18. Runicen

Runicen Forum Resident

Going to hazard a guess that underwhelming sales have led to the track list reveal...

Fullbug likes this.
  19. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

LA Vault Experience fans got their money's worth it looks like. Eric, Bruce, and Ace were all there the whole time.

20. Analogmoon

Analogmoon All the Way Back in the Seventies

I'm surprised he let someone film the show.

I recall reading somewhere that Bob calls him "Mr. Kiss."

21. BlueSpeedway

BlueSpeedway YES, I'M A NERD

22. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

I enjoyed Ace more than Gene in that video. Hell, I'd be more excited to meet Ace.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  23. jonboy71

jonboy71 Forum Resident

Is there a review of the music anywhere? Was anyone on this forum at the LA pickup?

Matthew Tate likes this.
  24. jonboy71

jonboy71 Forum Resident

Surprised there is no further discussion about this, especially the Van Halen tracks. The review thread doesn't have much in it either.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  25. dave9199

dave9199 Forum Resident

Runicen, Matthew Tate and Clanceman like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.