Gene Simmons box set

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Floyd fan 71, Mar 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vamborules

vamborules Forum Resident

Yeah this is something that really bothers me about him/them. They can't play a more interesting set because they have to tailor for the 'masses'. Then when they actually do something for the hardcore fan it's something like this . You want something interesting? Okay here it is but you are gonna pay.

Colinjpush and Matthew Tate like this.
  2. BILLONEEG

BILLONEEG Senior Member

150 unheard songs - With most people not being rich or interested, they will probably continue to be unheard.

Limited Edition - This edition of his music will have a very limited fan base. Kiss fans are fans of Kiss as a group.

If "The Vault" turns out to be the reason for the decline of Kiss/Gene Simmons fans, this set may forever
    be branded with a different name..."The Fault".

Sean and Matthew Tate like this.
  3. npgchris

npgchris Forum Resident

It hasn't been mentioned yet, but this all just came to light today. Give it time. I still don't know if Rhino is actually involved in this, but that was the indication a month or two ago when more details started leaking. If they're involved, it would be beyond foolish not to offer a more affordable option for the many folks who are interested in this who aren't independently wealthy. Rhino knows this.

If by chance this is something Gene is doing on his own, without outside assistance (which I doubt), then obviously all bets are off. But I can't imagine he went to all that work to put this together so that only a very few people will actually buy this. Gene may be many things, but he's not dumb!

I would bet that sometime soon, a more affordable option is offered for the great, unwashed masses. I would be willing to pay in the neighborhood of $125 for a CD-only box set of this release. If they don't offer such an alternative, this release is destined to be even more illegally-downloaded than anything Gene has previously been associated with. (Sad, but true)

4. PretzelLogic

PretzelLogic Feeling duped by MoFi? You probably deserve it.

Do you really think this won't be up on a file sharing site ten minutes after Gene's car is out the drive on his first visit?

vitorbastos123, Bruce, Sean and 4 others like this.
  5. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

Indeed adidly doo friend!:righton:

.......I imagine the cds will be poorly mastered.:sigh:

6. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

Shocking that KISS fans would want a treasure trove of unheard songs and demos for a decent price?

7. ElevatorSkyMovie

ElevatorSkyMovie Senior Member

Nope. This place would be all :goodie::pineapple::wiggle::yikes:

Purple and SizzleVonSizzleton like this.
  8. One is called 'Almost Hummus'.

9. PretzelLogic

PretzelLogic Feeling duped by MoFi? You probably deserve it.

Would rather not have the 'Love Gun' flavoured dip.

izgoblin, Runicen, Sean and 2 others like this.
  10. Combination

Combination Forum Resident

They would sincerely say, "He really cares." :p

11. yarbles

yarbles Too sick to pray

What a complete and utter twat this man is. Seems that nowadays, NPD is the USA's maladie du jour for reprehensible old men of a certain age.

I passed on GENE's solo album in 1978, because I suspected it would suck. Having finally heard it earlier this year, it seems I was 150% correct. Accordingly, I have zero interest in hearing the 'not even good enough for KISS, or my two abysmal solo albums' rejects of this Z-list songwriter. Oy vey.

Jimmy Agates likes this.
  12. SizzleVonSizzleton

SizzleVonSizzleton The Last Yeti

Well played!:tiphat:

13. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

I want to hear the unreleased bro country album he recorded in 2009.

14. Gordon Crisp

Gordon Crisp Forum Resident

Is there a pricing tier for one-on-one time with Sophie Simmons instead?

15. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

Or Nick...

Marble Index likes this.
  16. aroney

aroney Who really gives a...?

Or Shannon?

17. ElevatorSkyMovie

ElevatorSkyMovie Senior Member

I don't get it....

18. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

Or Dave Sim?

19. joepepitone

joepepitone Forum Resident

I wanted to read more about the offering (see post #39), but the only way I could see the details was to register. No thanks.

I did go to his official website and boy, that is one old school web-site design. Way too busy for me and in desperate need of a redesign. I bailed out pretty quickly, but not before I saw various basses of his for sale, meet and greet opportunities and a host of other money making scams. Embarrassing if you ask me.
    Glad I never became a fan of those guys.

20. So, why the interest at all?

21. SizzleVonSizzleton

SizzleVonSizzleton The Last Yeti

Gene should give away autographed studio played bass guitars. Mind you they'd need to be autographed by Kulick, Beauvoir or Stanley, but whatever.:D

knob twirler and Matthew Tate like this.
  22. Ack!

23. joepepitone

joepepitone Forum Resident

I was curious to read about the three experiences. I only saw the vault experience and other experiences concocted by SHMF members discussed here.

24. vamborules

vamborules Forum Resident

25. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

I
    Per that article, it mentioned they took the info down that the VH demos would be on it. They should've just kept quiet until it was close to being ready to be sent out the door if they knew there could be issues. "Ooops sorry already on it and Gene is out delivering it...too late!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.